Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

OberFeldwebel

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 7:23 pm
Fresnel
uryu ishida
OO23OO
uryu ishida
They actually took the concept for a high-capacity .22 Magnum pistol from the Grendel. They might make a carbine version, too!
I like me some Kel Tec carbine!
I sure hope they make one. If they keep the doublestack, that'll be a damn near 100 round magazine for the size of a 30-round STANAG. If they make them use the same magazines as the pistol, it'll be FUKIN WIN!
Dude, in that size mag, use Beta C-mag tech and make a double double stack magazine.

inb4 yo dawg...

Yo dawg we heard you like double stack mags so we put a double stack mag on your double stack mag so you can double stack while you double stack!

: /  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 7:37 pm
uryu ishida
Shrantic
uryu ishida
Shrantic
Sweet!

Isn't the .22 Magnum somewhat similar to the 5.7? Or was that another cartridge.

Either way, a 30-round magazine in a pistol is epic.
Other way around. 5.7 is close to .22WMR.
If 5.7 ≈ .22WMG, then .22WMG ≈ 5.7. There are no semantics involved, they are just both true.
Quote:
Though it has a bit more power out of a pistol-length barrel, they are damn close to exactly the same out of a carbine barrel. .22WMR will cut right through a soft Level IV vest out of a carbine barrel (small and very fast--Level IV is for larger and slower, but high-energy rounds)
I wonder if this'll become the new media "cop-killer" gun.
.22WMR is older. Hence, 5.7 is closer to it than the other way around. It could be said that 5.7 was modeled after it, but there are key differences like 5.7 being centerfire and necked down.
They are equally similar to each other. It is impossible for the .22WMR to be more similar to the 5.7 than the 5.7 is to .22WMR. Or the other way around.
Quote:
Not out of a pistol-length barrel. Only a carbine-length barrel (16"+, though that's just because that's the legal minimum--it could probably work at 14 or 12.)
Meh. If the media catches news of anyone using it unjustly- or anyone using it at all, I bet they'll pounce on it anyways. Say something like how it fires a cartridge similar to that of the all powerful 5.7 cop killer cartridge. xp  

Shrantic

uryu ishida

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 7:42 pm
Shrantic
uryu ishida
Shrantic
uryu ishida
Shrantic
Sweet!

Isn't the .22 Magnum somewhat similar to the 5.7? Or was that another cartridge.

Either way, a 30-round magazine in a pistol is epic.
If 5.7 ≈ .22WMG, then .22WMG ≈ 5.7. There are no semantics involved, they are just both true.
Quote:
Though it has a bit more power out of a pistol-length barrel, they are damn close to exactly the same out of a carbine barrel. .22WMR will cut right through a soft Level IV vest out of a carbine barrel (small and very fast--Level IV is for larger and slower, but high-energy rounds)
.22WMR is older. Hence, 5.7 is closer to it than the other way around. It could be said that 5.7 was modeled after it, but there are key differences like 5.7 being centerfire and necked down.
They are equally similar to each other. It is impossible for the .22WMR to be more similar to the 5.7 than the 5.7 is to .22WMR. Or the other way around.
Quote:
Not out of a pistol-length barrel. Only a carbine-length barrel (16"+, though that's just because that's the legal minimum--it could probably work at 14 or 12.)
Meh. If the media catches news of anyone using it unjustly- or anyone using it at all, I bet they'll pounce on it anyways. Say something like how it fires a cartridge similar to that of the all powerful 5.7 cop killer cartridge. xp
They're only similar in that they are high-velocity .22s. But WMR (I actually think there was one before that...) had the idea of a high-velocity .22 first, and FN used it.

I don't get the whole "it can pierce armor!" thing. Any rifle round can go through soft armor like butter, and hard armor is limited in which rounds it can stop. The most common hunting cartridges would make most armor for individuals crap themselves. They call them bullet resistant for a reason, only movies and politicians call them bulletproof.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 8:18 pm
uryu ishida
Shrantic
uryu ishida
Shrantic
uryu ishida
Quote:
Quote:
They're only similar in that they are high-velocity .22s. But WMR (I actually think there was one before that...) had the idea of a high-velocity .22 first, and FN used it.

I don't get the whole "it can pierce armor!" thing. Any rifle round can go through soft armor like butter, and hard armor is limited in which rounds it can stop. The most common hunting cartridges would make most armor for individuals crap themselves. They call them bullet resistant for a reason, only movies and politicians call them bulletproof.
It's small and concealable and fires a round capable of piercing all soft armor. IIIA soft armor can catch most if not all other pistol rounds.  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

uryu ishida

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 10:14 pm
Fresnel
uryu ishida
Shrantic
uryu ishida
Shrantic
If 5.7 ≈ .22WMG, then .22WMG ≈ 5.7. There are no semantics involved, they are just both true.I wonder if this'll become the new media "cop-killer" gun.
Quote:

It's small and concealable and fires a round capable of piercing all soft armor. IIIA soft armor can catch most if not all other pistol rounds.
Thing is, FN won't sell the "armor-piercing" stuff to non-military/police. At all. THey DO make AR and AK pistols, the TC Contender, the Tokarev and CZ-52 get damn close to armor piercing (they CAN pierce the helmets, though, while most other pistol rounds can't), and probably would be with a hot load.
Not to mention the majority of "issue" armor is Type II because it's lighter.

You can make anything small and concealable, as made in point by the Obrez. With Bulgarian surplus Heavy Ball, you could probably even go through III, and put the hurtin' on anyone with IV (It's soft--even if it doesn't penetrate, it's going to break ribs and possibly even cause internal hemorrhaging)  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 12:56 am
uryu ishida
Fresnel
uryu ishida
Shrantic
uryu ishida
Quote:

Thing is, FN won't sell the "armor-piercing" stuff to non-military/police.
FN doesn't, but at least one other manufacturer does. I've seen it, but I don't recall the brand.

Quote:
At all. THey DO make AR and AK pistols,
AK pistols?
Quote:
the TC Contender,
Single shot = not a threat. See: muzzleloaders. Widely unregulated, and they don't even need to ship to an FFL.
Quote:
the Tokarev and CZ-52 get damn close to armor piercing (they CAN pierce the helmets, though, while most other pistol rounds can't), and probably would be with a hot load.
Not to mention the majority of "issue" armor is Type II because it's lighter.

You can make anything small and concealable, as made in point by the Obrez.
But that's illegal. Criminals don't break laws, how ******** retarded are you?
Quote:
With Bulgarian surplus Heavy Ball, you could probably even go through III, and put the hurtin' on anyone with IV (It's soft--even if it doesn't penetrate, it's going to break ribs and possibly even cause internal hemorrhaging)
I didn't think they made soft IV.  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

Shrantic

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 1:01 am
Fresnel
AK pistols?
AK pistols.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 2:55 am
Shrantic
Fresnel
AK pistols?
AK pistols.
Wow.  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

OberFeldwebel

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 10:22 am
Fresnel
Shrantic
Fresnel
AK pistols?
AK pistols.
Wow.

See AR pistols.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 10:54 am
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel
Shrantic
Fresnel
AK pistols?
AK pistols.
Wow.

See AR pistols.
Oh THOSE I knew about. AK pistols were new on me.  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

OO23OO

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 11:06 am
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel
Shrantic
Fresnel
AK pistols?
AK pistols.
Wow.

See AR pistols.
Aren't they nifty? I've seen some other ones, but the custom work on that, coupled with the 20 round magazine make that one of the most attractive pistols I've seen in a while.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 11:55 am
OO23OO
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel
Shrantic
Fresnel
AK pistols?
AK pistols.
Wow.

See AR pistols.
Aren't they nifty? I've seen some other ones, but the custom work on that, coupled with the 20 round magazine make that one of the most attractive pistols I've seen in a while.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I'll always be a Rock River man. I'd love to see someone design a forearm loop for that buffer tube, though. It'd be interesting to try.

Also, 20-rounders are perfectly straight, unless they're butchered 30's. Those are normal 30's.  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

uryu ishida

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 11:55 am
OO23OO
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel
Shrantic
Fresnel
AK pistols?
AK pistols.
Wow.

See AR pistols.
And as long as they build it as, and register it as, a pistol at the factory, you can make on in any caliber you want, or any type of longarm! Well, with a rifled barrel. Smooth-bored are AOWs, IIRC.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 12:01 pm
uryu ishida
OO23OO
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel
Wow.

See AR pistols.
And as long as they build it as, and register it as, a pistol at the factory, you can make on in any caliber you want, or any type of longarm! Well, with a rifled barrel. Smooth-bored are AOWs, IIRC.
I bet it's more a factor of caliber than rifling. A purpose-designed .410 shotpistol might make it. Probably why the Judge did, now that I think about it.  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

OO23OO

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 1:25 pm
Fresnel
OO23OO
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel
Wow.

See AR pistols.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I'll always be a Rock River man. I'd love to see someone design a forearm loop for that buffer tube, though. It'd be interesting to try.

Also, 20-rounders are perfectly straight, unless they're butchered 30's. Those are normal 30's.
I was talking about twenty round AK magazines. And they make curved 20 round AR mags.  
Gaia Gun Enthusiasts

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff