Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Square Enix Cosplayers Guild

Back to Guilds

Final Fantasy/Kingdom Hearts, Cosplay, Chat, Gatherings, Roleplaying and Info 

Tags: Cosplay, Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Convention, Game 

Reply File Cabinet (contains old threads)
WINTER EVENT(S) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

are you going to help out?
  yes!
  NO (Me: T_T why not?)
View Results

Memory Manipulator Namine

Scholarly Bibliophile

27,515 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Worthy Challenger 25
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 10:51 pm
Alma: great! just tell me what forum you want to have your tread in. as for the pictures, just send them to me when you find some. ^^ i'm going to pick the best ones and post them in a thread for people to have access to. they can pick which one (or ones i haven't decided how many entries i'll be accepting per person yet) they want to caption.

once they are done with their editing they will send the pictures back to me. i'll then post them in the same thread making a poll so that people can vote on which one is their favorite. who ever gets the most votes wins! ^^

Lucrecia: thanks so much for wanting to help out despite your busyness! if you want to be in charge of the secret santa (since it was your idea) that would be awesome. if you don't think you'll have the time for that, that's fine too. i wouldn't recommend taking a caroling thread; but is there something in particular you had in mind for helping out with. (you are more than welcome to search for pictures for the caption contest in addition to helping out with something else, i'm REALLY bad about finding those types of pics.)  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 10:33 am
hey that's not a bad idea actually!! we should definitely do that!!  

IKairi_KH2

Scholarly Bibliophile

27,515 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Worthy Challenger 25
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 10:35 am
IKairi_KH2
hey that's not a bad idea actually!! we should definitely do that!!
xd there are alot of ideas floating around this thread, which one are you talking about? ^^  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 11:57 am
I think Neko-chii wanted to have a go at the Secret Santa thing. ^^ I don't mind taking it if she doesn't want to, though. biggrin

Alrighty then! I'll see what I can do! biggrin  

Dr Lucrecia Crescent MD
Captain

Alma_Frostangel

Wistful Conversationalist

20,325 Points
  • Cheerbringer 100
  • Generous 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 2:46 pm
Alma: great! just tell me what forum you want to have your tread in. as for the pictures, just send them to me when you find some. ^^ i'm going to pick the best ones and post them in a thread for people to have access to. they can pick which one (or ones i haven't decided how many entries i'll be accepting per person yet) they want to caption.

once they are done with their editing they will send the pictures back to me. i'll then post them in the same thread making a poll so that people can vote on which one is their favorite. who ever gets the most votes wins! ^^

Lucrecia: thanks so much for wanting to help out despite your busyness! if you want to be in charge of the secret santa (since it was your idea) that would be awesome. if you don't think you'll have the time for that, that's fine too. i wouldn't recommend taking a caroling thread; but is there something in particular you had in mind for helping out with. (you are more than welcome to search for pictures for the caption contest in addition to helping out with something else, i'm REALLY bad about finding those types of pics.)
i was think in the event forum cause it is a christmas event.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 2:49 pm
If it already doesn't have a host, I'll do secret santa.  

mew Aeris
Vice Captain

Scholarly Bibliophile

27,515 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Worthy Challenger 25
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 6:18 pm
Alma_Frostangel

I think (or maybe i'm completely wrong) that we are going to have a caroling thread in all the sub forums. that way people have more of a chance to reach the goal numbers. (since one post every 5 minutes counts per thread)  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 6:50 am
Alma_Frostangel

I think (or maybe i'm completely wrong) that we are going to have a caroling thread in all the sub forums. that way people have more of a chance to reach the goal numbers. (since one post every 5 minutes counts per thread)
that sounds good to me. 3nodding  

Alma_Frostangel

20,325 Points
  • Cheerbringer 100
  • Generous 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100

The Real Raijin
Vice Captain

6,900 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 10:31 am
I think the best way to pull it off would be to have half the amount of caroling in a chatterbox thread and the other half in a thread of the guild.
That way there is less time between posts, ya know?

We may have to wait till gaia fixes the posts problem before we start the caroling thing, ya know?  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 10:41 am
The Real Raijin
I think the best way to pull it off would be to have half the amount of caroling in a chatterbox thread and the other half in a thread of the guild.

We may have to wait till gaia fixes the posts problem before we start the caroling thing, ya know?

yea, that's true. we will have to wait until then. sweatdrop
so just to make sure i'm understanding you correctly, there will be two caroling threads + the main one where all the votes are tallied?  

Scholarly Bibliophile

27,515 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Worthy Challenger 25
  • Hotblooded Hero 50

Alma_Frostangel

20,325 Points
  • Cheerbringer 100
  • Generous 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 1:45 pm
i think the post thing is fixed now. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 9:52 am
The Real Raijin

yea, that's true. we will have to wait until then. sweatdrop
so just to make sure i'm understanding you correctly, there will be two caroling threads + the main one where all the votes are tallied?

Yea, it would give people who don't want to wait 5 seconds to be occupied posting in the other thread at the same time.

@alma - Yeah, they finally did fix the scrambled post. I'm happy about that, ya know?  

The Real Raijin
Vice Captain

6,900 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Contributor 0

Scholarly Bibliophile

27,515 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Worthy Challenger 25
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:46 am
it's five minutes Rai. not seconds. and besides. you have to wait AT LEAST a minute before each post. (it's a gaia rule. you'll get an error message otherwise. )

alright. so we'll have the thread in the main forum and one in the chatterbox. sooo....i forgot who wanted to be in charge of one of the threads?  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:54 am
qtest_lil_angel
Hi , i was thinking we should maybe have a few christmas contests.. for example: Best christmas avi, best cosplay avi dressed up all christmasy (like have a christmas version of cloud, they have to still look like them but have that chrsitmas appeal)

And for all people who won the different contests i can give them a chibi group pic of everyone who won (like just a pic that can be looked at and saying these are the winners from all the contests) and a individual pic for each of them :3 ?

Group art like this?
Or like this
and for the individual pictures
Something like this chibi?
Or a fullbody?
Or a headshot

(all either coloured -by ink or pencils- or lineart and all in scanned quality)

sweatdrop what do you think?

this is an idea posed for another contest. AVI CONTEST! ^^ two possible contest. one for winter holiday avi and one for cosplay winter holiday avi's. (see her example above)

I say winter holiday, because not everyone celebrates christmas. >coughlikemecough< rolleyes we could have it be several different contests (like one specifically for Christmas and then one for hanukkah ect) but i'm not sure how well that would work out. i'm not sure how many winter-non christmas items gaia has. sweatdrop

so! your ideas/thoughts on an avi contest!  

Scholarly Bibliophile

27,515 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Worthy Challenger 25
  • Hotblooded Hero 50

nya_Neko-chii
Vice Captain

Single Gaian

21,350 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Divorced 100
  • Lapin Patrol Avior: Victory! 50
PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 4:51 pm
Dr Lucrecia Crescent MD
I think Neko-chii wanted to have a go at the Secret Santa thing. ^^ I don't mind taking it if she doesn't want to, though. biggrin

Alrighty then! I'll see what I can do! biggrin

I could try... but it'll be my first time hosting a good event and I'm not sure if I could do it alone..

I'm willing to go for it, though. =)  
File Cabinet (contains old threads)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces