The Order of the Phoenix: A Harry Potter Guild

Back to Guilds

Reply The Order of the Phoenix: A Harry Potter Guild
Dead Characters? (SPOILERS) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Which character were you most sorry to see die?
  Cedric Diggory
  Sirius Black
  Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore
View Results

Usagi Dreamer Kohaku

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2005 8:19 am
thats a tough one...i'm really split between dumbledore and sirius on that one...both were really really sad. I think i would have liked to see Sirius and Harry's bond grow stronger, and it would have been nice to see Harry get a chance to move in with him someday...once his name was cleared...ya know? *sigh* what can't everyone just live??? crying  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 10:25 am
Me and my mom cired, and cried, and cried for many hours when Sirius died and then we moped for like a week. We cried, cried, and cried harder when dumbledore died because that was the two... bestest... coolest... SIRIUS!!!!!! crying *sobs for Sirius and Dumbledore* I mean, I was so looking forward to Harry killing Voldemort and rejoicing in the arms of Sirius, Dumbledore, Hermione, Ron, and Ginny. Also, now that Dumbledore is gone *sobs* there will be no Hogwarts. How does Harry feel? *sobs for Harry*  

Vixell

HermioneTwin

5,300 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Befriended 100
PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 8:29 am
I was real sad when all of them died but more so for Dumbledore and Sirius. Though they portrayed when Cedric died so well in the movie, I almost cried at that part.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 9:19 pm
I miss Dumbledore. He was a wise old professor and a little odd, but that made him my second favorite character, next to Snape of course.  

Jasmine Snape

High-functioning Detective

Dynast Metallium

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 11:57 pm
Hmm, it seems that I've tipped the scales over to Sirius' favour in this poll. Anyway.

I found Sirius' death the most moving among the three, due to the fact that it was the most unexpected of all. Sure, it was very heavily hinted throughout the last quarter of the book that Sirius may/would die, but one never could suspect that his death would be shrouded in such mystery (let's make it clear. Death by a curtain? That's just....ugh).

As for Dumbledore...well, I won't lie by saying that I never foresaw his death. It has been a known fact that the only wizard that Voldemort fears is Dumbledore, and if Dumbledore survived until the last book, there would be no face-down between Harry and Voldemort. So....no, I didn't feel exceptionally sad at Dumbledore's death, although his funeral was really touching with the reunion of all the past characters.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 12:58 pm
i was totally sad when sirius died. He was my favorite character of all time and he just died. i was crying like an idiot. I was a little sad that Dumbledore died, but only because we knew him as long as we knew Harry.

If any of you saw the fourth movie. did you think it was just sad with Cedrics father after Cedric died?  

Hakania

Targeted

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 1:45 am
I was really sad to see Sirius go. I almost cried it made me so sad crying . Im such a wimp. I guess I just liked Sirius's role. Harry's really only family left (well I count his factor of being his godfather part of his family. & I am not counting his aunt & uncle because if you had gardiens like that would you consider them family) and he seems just so damn nice. He is loyal, kind, loving, and trustworthy. Also a good friend to James and Remus obviously. crying Its going to be even sadder when I see the 5th movie crying  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 2:27 pm
I cried for both deaths.
I think Sirius' was worse for Harry. He'd just gotten someone like a father back, and then he's gone. It was hard enough that Harry couldn't tell anyone about him, being a "murderer" and all.
I'm deffinetly not saying that Dumbledore dying wasn't an impact. it was. The thing is, he wasn't so much fatherly as Sirius was. Sirius knew more of Harry's feelings than Dumbledore did.
Heck - it's even for me. crying  

~+is_Kaytee+~

Badger Mule

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 1:58 pm
I was more upset when Sirius died then when Dumbledore died. Sirius was more a part of Hary's life then Dumbledore had been, there were more details about Sirius in book five also.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 2:55 pm
Meg_Hertz
I was more upset when Sirius died then when Dumbledore died. Sirius was more a part of Hary's life then Dumbledore had been, there were more details about Sirius in book five also.

deffinetly. i completely agree.  

~+is_Kaytee+~

SerratedSprinkles

5,900 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 7:55 am
pucca_399
i cried and cried when dumbledore died..i couldn't believe it..i always thought that one day..in the 7th book he and harry will kill voldemort together..but NO! he dies...everytime i read the 6th book..i always cry when i read that bit

I did too. I loved that old man! But I was most sad when Sirius died...I loved him so much, he was my favorite character! I cried alot through out the last few books crying  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 7:31 pm
definitely dumbledore, he was like a pillar that was always there. then WHAM hes gone, and harry has to figure out a way to stop voldemort almost completely alone. (and no, i havent forgotten the order or hermione and ron, but really, how much help can they be? harry is the one that has to defeat voldemort in the end.) plus the way dumbledore died was so sad, its like the greatest wizard is defeated by someone he thought was his friend and almost completely without a fight.  

mscarrieb

camouflage_girl

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 7:36 pm
i was saddest to see both sirius and dumbledore die..but i chose dumbledore on the poll..but i just wanna say that i was sad that sirius died..dude WHY??? and cedric...poor cedric...he didn't deserve that..well..actually none of them did...

sirius...he died without even having his name cleared.... crying  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 7:37 pm
mscarrieb
definitely dumbledore, he was like a pillar that was always there. then WHAM hes gone, and harry has to figure out a way to stop voldemort almost completely alone. (and no, i havent forgotten the order or hermione and ron, but really, how much help can they be? harry is the one that has to defeat voldemort in the end.) plus the way dumbledore died was so sad, its like the greatest wizard is defeated by someone he thought was his friend and almost completely without a fight.

yeah, i agree with you.  

camouflage_girl

Southern Belles

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 6:34 pm
I loved Dumbledore. when he cried, I cried when he died i died. When fawkes was singing through the halls i burst out in surpressed tears and my pillow was soaking wet by the time i was ready to read again. Then when my future husband goes off with tonks(who i also like) i cried again. And the funeral wasn't a laughing matter either i was like "SNAPE! START CARING ABOUT OTHERS YOU b*****d!" and "nitwit, oddment, blubber and tweak...why dumbledore why?!!?!?" and of course " NO HARRY! STAY WITH GINNY UNLESS YOU"VE GOT SOMETHING WITH DRACO STAY!"
Anyways, ya, with Dumbledore gone he's going to have to figure out everything on his own, like where to find them, and such this will just bring back bad memories of dumbledore dying as i read the 7th book.  
The Order of the Phoenix: A Harry Potter Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff