49%  [ 57 ]
Total Votes : 115

zz1000zz
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 11:01 am
SuperDanni
zz1000zz
SuperDanni
Emo is basically...emotional. it started out that way anyway.
It has now developed into a trend.
Tight pants/shirts with band logos, black rimmed glasses and dyed balck hair..with of course, long eye covering bangs. Pins, messanger bags and converse. that is what emo has become.
However..I consider most of those people 'scene.' Considering..they are only doing it to 'fit in.'
I've dyed my hair black numerous time..and i have black glasses...but I have never had a foot in a pair of converse nor do i play guitar or hang out at coffee shops. Emo is so broadly defined and steretypical now. that is really is hard to define what is and what isn't emo.
I consider myself emo because yes, I do write poetry, I am HIGHLY emotional and I do follow some of yhe trends. The crappy catch to it is that I was like this...before this craze has come out (within the alst two years I have found)
The other thing...is that I'm more caught in between emo and punk. There aren't many emo kids who were New Rocks and spiks..or listen to death metal. So i'm not quite sure where to place myself.
All in all though...emo is basically jsut an emotional person. The media has taken emo to a whole new level though..of fashion and music.

I've known quite a few people who were "emo," and most of them acted that way long before it was a trend. I guess the problem is that people thought they were cool, copied them, and wrecked it for the original ones. Sure that happens with all trends, but it's important to realize trends stem from people being original.

I agree 100%

I'm always glad to have nice people agree with me.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 11:22 am
I do not like the typical/sterotypical emo kid, all the ones I have met were all depressed and the such and not because they actually were but because they wanted to have that image, they did it all for attention, those are the ones I hate.
and i dont like the kind of music that is all about love and how it hurts someone and many other things that songs of the emo culture are about. not only that but from an asthetic viewpoint I dont like the music. do i go around bashing the culture, not really I make a lot of jokes about it but i do that with everything even things I like. the people that go around saying i hate emo because they are so emotional about everything are exactly the same way, so i get annoyed at them as well. I also have a lot of problems understanding all these things because I dont suffer from emotions like the majority of the human race. and I find it distasteful when people constantly complain about their problems, just deal with them dont go around telling them to every person you see.  

The Flightless Dragon

Spooky Wasabi Princess

Proxy Risk-Taker

14,850 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 11:32 am
I have emo friends.

I heart emos. I heart them good.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 9:48 am
dude three things

one: my chemical romanceis NOT emo!!! yet not goth either they are a pleasent mix bands like brand new or bright eyes is emo!!!!!

two: there is absolutely nothing wrong with emo kids! like they just have sad lonely hearts like most goths only minus the whole "creepy" *glares at word* ness

three: people shouldnt hate each other espically someone theyve never met  

nanagirl

_Built_to_Offend_666

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 10:10 pm
i dont hate emo, but emo does annoy me. i know a whole hell of alot of emo/preps too. and i do have to admit, even though im freinds with them, alot of them are idiots. wat i think annoys me about emo is its culture to be 'rebellous' but without any reason behind it. and emo/preps themselves say you dont need reason. to me, it seems its encouraging stupidity and ignorance.

PS: as a side note i have to add, despite that no one cares, that i find emo music very annoying  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 4:49 am
I got hit by a ******** Emo last night! I kid you not. I was at Mr.Smalls Theater last night at a show and me and a few friends were moving across the floor to get drinks. Next thing I know this kid maybe 13-15, hell if I know he starts the kicking dance just right there, you have seen this dance, they look like they belong in the beginning part of fight club just fighting with themselves. But any way, he hits me, his foot goes into my face and my nose is bleeding.

My friend John braves it, goes in, and grabs the kid. Starts screaming at the kid, what the hell is your problem this and that, giving him the 3ed degree. Kid starts screaming back about it was my falt because I'm goth and I was wearing way to much black "She was bringing me down" an he starts crying. By this time it was official, this was not a punk or a goth, he was Emo, and on something. My friend Amanda stops helping me with my nosebleed and grabs this kid by the shirt. "YOU ARE NOT A ******** EMO YOUR A GOD DAMN IDIOT, I AM EMO AND I DON'T ******** GO AROUND KICKING RANDOM PEOPLE IN THE ******** FACE"

By this time the kids in a very big panic, an is scared shitless. I get up an I am covered in blood an probably look really scary. I ask the kid, Why the hell did you do this, you could have really hurt some one a lot worse them me. Kid didn't say a thing, hes shivering like a leaf, an the poor thing probably thinks that were going to kick his a**. An John is a big time punk so he looks even worse covered in all studs. I look at him an ask him "Did you honestly mean to do this?"

He looks at me an just shakes his head. So I just calmly talked to him, told him not to bash like that unless its in the pit, where there they have a better survival rate. An if I saw him doing this crap in a walking space again I would get him kicked out and if he hurts the wrong person hes going to get his a** jumped, not by me mind you. Then I pointed behind me an told him to go have a good time and stop acting like an a*****e.

I just thought I would share this story. Maybe some one can shed some light on it. I have Emo friends, they don't do this crap. Why do some do this ? Just in the middle of nowhere start that riot dance of theres kicking and punching and not caring if they hurt some one. What the hell does that help ? Hell by the end of it all I didn't know if I wanted to kick the kids a** or give him a hug.  

darkXmoon

~Deaths Daugter~

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 7:55 pm
It kind of bothers me. I don't hate people unless they give me a reason to, and I don't see why most people these days will hate people before they even really get to know them. evil  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 8:52 am
darkXmoon
I got hit by a ******** Emo last night! I kid you not. I was at Mr.Smalls Theater last night at a show and me and a few friends were moving across the floor to get drinks. Next thing I know this kid maybe 13-15, hell if I know he starts the kicking dance just right there, you have seen this dance, they look like they belong in the beginning part of fight club just fighting with themselves. But any way, he hits me, his foot goes into my face and my nose is bleeding.

My friend John braves it, goes in, and grabs the kid. Starts screaming at the kid, what the hell is your problem this and that, giving him the 3ed degree. Kid starts screaming back about it was my falt because I'm goth and I was wearing way to much black "She was bringing me down" an he starts crying. By this time it was official, this was not a punk or a goth, he was Emo, and on something. My friend Amanda stops helping me with my nosebleed and grabs this kid by the shirt. "YOU ARE NOT A ******** EMO YOUR A GOD DAMN IDIOT, I AM EMO AND I DON'T ******** GO AROUND KICKING RANDOM PEOPLE IN THE ******** FACE"

By this time the kids in a very big panic, an is scared shitless. I get up an I am covered in blood an probably look really scary. I ask the kid, Why the hell did you do this, you could have really hurt some one a lot worse them me. Kid didn't say a thing, hes shivering like a leaf, an the poor thing probably thinks that were going to kick his a**. An John is a big time punk so he looks even worse covered in all studs. I look at him an ask him "Did you honestly mean to do this?"

He looks at me an just shakes his head. So I just calmly talked to him, told him not to bash like that unless its in the pit, where there they have a better survival rate. An if I saw him doing this crap in a walking space again I would get him kicked out and if he hurts the wrong person hes going to get his a** jumped, not by me mind you. Then I pointed behind me an told him to go have a good time and stop acting like an a*****e.

I just thought I would share this story. Maybe some one can shed some light on it. I have Emo friends, they don't do this crap. Why do some do this ? Just in the middle of nowhere start that riot dance of theres kicking and punching and not caring if they hurt some one. What the hell does that help ? Hell by the end of it all I didn't know if I wanted to kick the kids a** or give him a hug.
Wow...That's screwd up...

I think I'd have hit the kid...Especially after a comment like that...

Good call on not hitting him, though ninja  

Self-Reference

Eloquent Lunatic

x__deadsoul

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 9:48 am
Wow. I'm getting a lot of different images of what emo is. I've been called emo, but I didn't really know what the basic idea of it was until now sweatdrop But anyhow, it kind of seems to me that a whole bunch of stereotypes about it and stuff is clouding what the real image is...though I for one really do not truly know what it is. Also seems like people [copycats and whatnot] are ruining the image as well. Well anyhow, I'd better shut up before I confuse myself sweatdrop

For one thing though, I do know that I don't hate emo, and I completely agree that people shouldn't just go around randomly hating people without getting to know them first.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 1:47 pm
it would bothers me.. though i don't know anyone who hates emos  

Dupe malo

Oterys

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 2:14 pm
_Built_to_Offend_666
i dont hate emo, but emo does annoy me. i know a whole hell of alot of emo/preps too. and i do have to admit, even though im freinds with them, alot of them are idiots. wat i think annoys me about emo is its culture to be 'rebellous' but without any reason behind it. and emo/preps themselves say you dont need reason. to me, it seems its encouraging stupidity and ignorance.

PS: as a side note i have to add, despite that no one cares, that i find emo music very annoying

I agree with you entirely...however, I accept anyone as a friend until they give me a reason not too.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 6:39 pm
x__deadsoul
Wow. I'm getting a lot of different images of what emo is. I've been called emo, but I didn't really know what the basic idea of it was until now sweatdrop But anyhow, it kind of seems to me that a whole bunch of stereotypes about it and stuff is clouding what the real image is...though I for one really do not truly know what it is. Also seems like people [copycats and whatnot] are ruining the image as well. Well anyhow, I'd better shut up before I confuse myself sweatdrop

For one thing though, I do know that I don't hate emo, and I completely agree that people shouldn't just go around randomly hating people without getting to know them first.

I don't hate any of them really. True some of them are a lil odd.. Like when Mandie starts crying over some music. She just gets really emotional because music brings back memories and.. then.. I wonder why she license to it in the first place. I'm sure I do things that make her think I'm odd too. Thats life.

I just wish they had sub cultures like the goth community dose. They just have two mean emo who like to kick and punch and nice emo who get mushy over music. As far as I know..thats as far as it goes.  

darkXmoon

DR490N

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 7:21 am
my own hatred of emo kids comes from both the music and the fact that the majority of my town is emo, plus the fact that my ex is an emo kid.

basically i have a few pet peeves...
whining incessantly about how your life sucks(its as simple as getting off your a** and doing something about it)
suicide(permanent solution to temporary problems)
disassociation with reality(the majority of emo kids i've come into contact with seem to do so, and start believing everyone hates them because they hate themselves)  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 9:12 am
It bothers me to come across anybody who claims to "hate" (as in actively dislike, not just passively find them annoying) any large group of people...
I've been called an "emo kid"... It was a case of "meh, if you say so.." I don't dye my hair, it's already dark enough; I don't wear dark glasses, cuz they cost too much to get them on prescription; I don't listen to any of the bands listed here cuz I'm in the UK and haven't heard of most of them; but yeah, I get classed as emo.

I'm going to protest about this :
Quote:
whining incessantly about how your life sucks(its as simple as getting off your a** and doing something about it)

I don't "whine incessantly" - my journal yes, that is where I rant and rave and cry and hate/love the world - and you know, for people who have to deal with mental illnesses, really serious childhood trauma, or other forms of serious life suckage, it's not just a case of "getting up and doing something about it". So while there are SOME people eho do whine incessantly about nothing, I'd appreciate it if you'd be a little more considerate - some people do have real problems, and a hard time getting out of them. Thank you.

And ermm.. ditto with dissociation with reality... It's geerally not a conscious thing, and can stem from serious self-esteem issues / abusive upbringing/ any number of things.

I always liked to think of emo kids as the messed up ones among society who aren't afraid to admit they're messed up.. hehehe xd  

Jasta

zz1000zz
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 9:16 am
Jasta
It bothers me to come across anybody who claims to "hate" (as in actively dislike, not just passively find them annoying) any large group of people...

I hate humans. Is that a bad sign?  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces