Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Recent Translated Manga Discussion - For those who have read the newest translations!
Gaara minus Shuukaku Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

. : GOLD : .
  Thank you, Kage! I shall now surrender my soul to your surpreme awesomeness! *Glomp*
  Yeah, thanks, but you still suck. *Flips Kage off*
  I am the whore to your poll. *Whores the poll*
View Results

HopeToDie

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 5:28 pm
Gaara will be able to be Kazekage and use sand. Just not the extravagant way he used to. Probably the desert coffin.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 8:58 am
Gaara is still able to control sand isn't he not? He may seem a little more peaceful and a little less bags under his eyes but Gaara is still the same old child abused Gaara. biggrin  

Miwaslover

Fill.in.teh.Blank

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 3:32 pm
I thought the whole system worked like this: Gaara = Sand control
Shuukaku = Healing, massive chakra, and ability to release
His muzah = Absolute defense

So by loosing Shuukaku, he's only really lacking those things. He probably won't be as strong anymore, but he'll still be our Gaara. ^_^

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 11:13 pm
But you guys know what? A weird thing bout the Akatasuki people...when they kidnapped Gaara to take the Shukaku from him, they said they they already had 2 Jinchuuriki's with them....so there are 9 tailed Demons...we know about 2, Gaara and Naruto, and the other 2 who got captured by the Akatsuki is unknown. So that means there are 5 Jinchuuriki's still out there unknown to us all. Now that they have 2, cause of the Shukaku, they're going to aim to capture NAruto next since he's the only known one for now. 3 Jinchuuriki's captured, 1 sealed in each Akatsuki memeber. One is suspectedly in Kisame since when Team Gai was fighting him he had ENORMOUS chakra. the other, we don't know of. The Shukaku might be sealed with somebody strong...though the most powerful Jinchuuriki, Kyuubi, will go to the Akatsuki Leader.

wow... sweatdrop what a long run-on sentence... xd  

Morning Delight

Classic Black Sheep

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 4:48 am
tantei_shinobi
But you guys know what? A weird thing bout the Akatasuki people...when they kidnapped Gaara to take the Shukaku from him, they said they they already had 2 Jinchuuriki's with them....so there are 9 tailed Demons...we know about 2, Gaara and Naruto, and the other 2 who got captured by the Akatsuki is unknown. So that means there are 5 Jinchuuriki's still out there unknown to us all. Now that they have 2, cause of the Shukaku, they're going to aim to capture NAruto next since he's the only known one for now. 3 Jinchuuriki's captured, 1 sealed in each Akatsuki memeber. One is suspectedly in Kisame since when Team Gai was fighting him he had ENORMOUS chakra. the other, we don't know of. The Shukaku might be sealed with somebody strong...though the most powerful Jinchuuriki, Kyuubi, will go to the Akatsuki Leader.

You can’t be certain that Akatsuki seal the demons within themselves just yet. It’s a good chance that they do as it looks like Kisame has, but it hasn't been confirmed. Akatsuki did say that they extracted demons prior to extracting Shuukaku --I’m not sure of the number-- but the numbers don’t add up. Before Orochimaru left the organization there were 10 members of Akatsuki and nine know demons. If they were putting the demons within themselves that would mean someone would be without a demon. I speculate that when they get all the demons they will unlock some dooms day device, technique, or maybe a tenth demon.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 12:00 pm
We haven't seen Gaara FIGHT since so no one really knows whether or not he can still control sand.
I was given the impression that Shukaku gave Gaara the ability; or else his siblings would be able to do so as well.  

Syndactyly

Classic Black Sheep

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 6:31 am
I think he can still control sand. The former Kazekage could control "iron sand" as a puppet. I think controling sand is more of a jutsu than a bloodline limit or a special demon jutsu but I don't know for sure.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 4:02 pm
Neo Flybynight
The reason Gaara can control the sand is becaues of the fact that the sould of him motehr resides in the gourd on his back ... not because of Shuukaku ... One thing taht he WILL lose is a LOT of Chakra .... and he will gain the ability to SLEEP safely.
ya but that means he'll fall behind on the files and boring duties of being a kage. razz no sleep is sometimes a good thing  

Fangorn23

QuiXilver

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 12:56 pm
i think gaara can still control sand. he knows a lot of sand techniques and he's a skilled shinobi. i think folks have put too much emphasis on the demon inside of him but if anything, the demon just took over when he slept and that was the only time when the demon would come out. otherwise, i think gaara's skilled on his own. he should still be able to continue as a kazekage, that would suck if he (technically) died protecting a village and then they demote him.

i don't know if akatsuki members are sealing the demons inside of them. i was always under the impression that they're trying to summon a superdemon by offering sacrifices. i could be wrong but i was going by this...

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

i guess i'd have to re-read chapter 254-256 or something.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 2:51 pm
he will be able to control sand still, but the fight wont be as long. without the ichibi (one tail beast) he wont have nearly as much chakra. he will still be able to use the sand jutsu reason: read the part where shikamaru and naruto confront him in the hospital. he explained how he was trained, by the kazekage, to use forbidden jutsu of the sand (aka, his mad skillz)  

sk8intree

sk8intree

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 2:53 pm
tantei_shinobi

there is naruto, gaara, the cloud girl, and the three tails that tobi beat  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 8:33 am
Gaara was the one controlling the sand, the demon was just equvilant to hooking gaara up with some rocket fuel.  

liz_bliz_inc

Captain Verd

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 7:59 pm
liz_bliz
Gaara was the one controlling the sand, the demon was just equvilant to hooking gaara up with some rocket fuel.
I'm pretty sure they said the power to control sand was because of the Tanuki.

But to Shikalee, we know he can control sand, because when Naruto went to touch him, a tiny sand block came up.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 4:38 am
I believe he does still control sand. You'll notice near the end of that whole chapter where they bring him back to life, Gaara reaches out to shake Naruto's hand. Naruto is hesitant, so Gaara uses his sand to sort of coax him along. See here:

Wildebeest

Pekora

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 6:06 am
Wildebeest
I believe he does still control sand. You'll notive near the end of that whole chapter where they bring him back to life, Gaara reaches out to shake Naruto's hand. Naruto is hesitant, so Gaara uses his sand to sort of coax him along. See here:

aww =3

Actually I tought that too, but I got the impression that he's weaker than before  
Recent Translated Manga Discussion - For those who have read the newest translations!

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games