View Results

Pandoran-Ducky

Tipsy Strategist

13,965 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 9:38 am
The names is pretty enough but I would not name my child that. It is a mouthful to say and imagine trying to learn spell that.

That being said the names from Twilight I would consider naming a child are most of the guys names such Carlisle and Jasper or Alice and Heidi, both of which I liked before Twilight.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 8:53 pm
the name is retarded. I personally think Bella should've named her Carlie.  

Aqua Anjel

Rachel Berry

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 4:01 am
I will now pray for that one child who's name is Re.... won't even bother looking up to spell out the name.

I can imagine fans have a god awful number of kids just to name all their children after Twilight characters. Then the brother and sister 'Edward' and 'Bella' stumble upon Twilight, look at each other, and either have a incest relationship with their younger brother Jacob in the mix or they scream at their parents for the names.

But honestly, I would not name my child Renes--- still can't get it. I'm up for meaningful names (inspirational people in my life, biblical, family, very close friends) to naming my child, not the Loch Ness Monster.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 11:47 am
.Bucket.of.Joy.
Renesmee is one if the ugliest names ever. I would never name my child Renesmee.

I agree!!!  

.Lady Rosewater.

Invisible Sophomore

11,650 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Aradia Helevorn

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:39 am
See, i understand with having a complicated name but only reason i'd ever use any of the names from Twilight would be either Alice or James cause they already run in my family. (one of my middle names is Alice) or perhaps Jasper just because i've always liked it since i like the stone. I'm also more for meaning in a name. I've crossed Lilith (means of the night) with a ancient celtic city (known for magic and mystery) to get Lilaith (lily for short). but just hacking up names and throwing the peices together sounds odd to me if there's no reason behind it.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:43 am
Glitterbean
The name "Renesmee" now has its own page on babynames.com and everything.

http://www.babynames.com/Names/name_display.php?id=9995

There's even a picture in the picture section, so it looks like at least one person has actually named their kid Renesmee. Somehow I'm not surprised. I kind of thought this would happen; I wouldn't be surprised if we see a lot more girls being named Renesmee within the next few years.

What are your thoughts? Would you name YOUR daughter Renesmee?

wow, that means more than one has. My name isn't even on there...  

Aradia Helevorn

Queen-of-the-Rogue

Merry Muse

16,700 Points
  • Wintersday Bard 50
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Advent Attendee 50
PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:12 am
I feel sorry for those girls. They got named after a character in a book and the LochNess Monster by default the name isn't even all that pretty to me. If I have a son I would name him something like Aiden as I'm very fond of that name. As for Alice that would be a possibility for a little girl because Alice runs in my mom's side of the family. One of her grandmother's was named Mary Alice and she made me promise to never name my daughter that. My grandmother's name is also Alice. I also have a middle name that's apparently been passed down so something like Rosalie Carol, or Rensemee Carol just look stupid to me. Not that I would name my little girl that. I would love to name her after a character in a book but it's also the name of my character and I just think the name is very pretty.

For a boy my favorite name is Aiden for a girl it's Lessa.

What about you? I'm interested to see what names other people like since it's almost unanimous that we wouldn't name our kids after a Twilight character unless we already liked the name.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:09 am
Queen-of-the-Rogue
I feel sorry for those girls. They got named after a character in a book and the LochNess Monster by default the name isn't even all that pretty to me. If I have a son I would name him something like Aiden as I'm very fond of that name. As for Alice that would be a possibility for a little girl because Alice runs in my mom's side of the family. One of her grandmother's was named Mary Alice and she made me promise to never name my daughter that. My grandmother's name is also Alice. I also have a middle name that's apparently been passed down so something like Rosalie Carol, or Rensemee Carol just look stupid to me. Not that I would name my little girl that. I would love to name her after a character in a book but it's also the name of my character and I just think the name is very pretty.

For a boy my favorite name is Aiden for a girl it's Lessa.

What about you? I'm interested to see what names other people like since it's almost unanimous that we wouldn't name our kids after a Twilight character unless we already liked the name.

Well, as i'm engaged i actually have chosen with my fiance on what we'd name a boy and girl. I'm native american (56%) and he's german (75%) so for middle names we're giving one's of our heratage.

Girl: Lilaith Tala (roughly translates to Magic of the night, Wolf (native))
Boy: Kael Ulrich (warrior (celtic), power of the Wolf (german))

I also like Aiden as you've listed above. in one of my books i have character named Aiden which means 'Firey' if i remember correctly.  

Aradia Helevorn

Queen-of-the-Rogue

Merry Muse

16,700 Points
  • Wintersday Bard 50
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Advent Attendee 50
PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:41 am
In the series I'm writing with a friend there will be a character named Aiden in the third story. This character usually makes his way into whatever story we're working on one way or another. His role and age are always different depending on what AU we're in. My mom also likes the name Aiden which is good as she would fight me tooth and nail if I gave my child a name she wasn't crazy over. I'm sure the name Lessa will probably never happen as I wouldn't want to do that to my little girl on the off chance my friend and I ever decide to try and publish the series. So for a boy I pretty much have a permanent name picked out but not for a little girl. I can only hope when I fall in love and get engaged my fiancee likes the name Aiden.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 8:28 pm
Aradia Helevorn

Well, as i'm engaged i actually have chosen with my fiance on what we'd name a boy and girl. I'm native american (56%) and he's german (75%) so for middle names we're giving one's of our heratage.

I also like Aiden as you've listed above. in one of my books i have character named Aiden which means 'Firey' if i remember correctly.

Those are cool names. Which Native American tribe are you from?

And you're writing a book? That's really cool. Are you going to publish it?

As for names I like, let's see...

Girls
-Elizabeth, Cynthia, Heidi, Celeste, Rosalie, Alice, Esme, Victoria, Nadia, Grace, Sophie, Annika, Phoebe, Celine (I know a lot of those are Twilight names, but I genuinely like the names, and wouldn't be naming my daughter after those characters.
-I like Isabella, but would never name my daughter that now, for obvious reasons.
-I like Dagny, after Dagny Taggart from Ayn Rand's Atlas Shrugged. I don't think it's an actual name, though. I think either Ayn Rand made it up or it's really obscure. So I'm not sure that I would actually name my daughter that, although it's really tempting.
-I like Coraline, not because I'm obsessed with the movie, but because I think it's a cute name. I don't think I would actually name my daughter this, though.
-I would love to name my daughter after my mom, but she despises her name and thinks it's ugly and old-fashioned. When I told her I'd like to name my daughter after her, she (seriously) told me that she would disown me if I did. *sigh* So I guess that's out.

Boys
-Richard, James, Jasper, Carlisle (OK, in this case, it would be a mixture of genuinely liking the name and naming him after the character. But I really, really like the name by itself, even though I hadn't heard of it before Twilight), Dagan, Derek, Alexander, Victor, and Nolan.

Lol, it's a good thing I have a long time before I'll actually have to choose a name! If I had to pick my absolute favorite names right now, I think it would be a four-way tie between Rosalie, Sophie, Dagny, and Celeste for a girl. For a boy, Carlisle is the winner, with Victor coming in a distant second.  

Glitterbean

Glitterbean

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 8:33 pm
Here's something a bit weird. I checked the page for Renesmee on babynames.com again, and there are two more pictures than when I last saw it. What's weird is, one of those girls looks too old to have been born before BD came out. Either it's a false post, the girl's mom idependently came up with the name (I highly doubt this), or the girl's parents changed her name after BD came out (I really hope this wasn't the case).

What do you guys think?  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 9:44 pm
I wouldn't be surprised if the mother changed the name. That's sad but I don't think anyone would come up with Renesmee independently because that just doesn't strike me as a combo that many people would think about.

Lessa and Aiden are my favorite names but I also love the name Kai but I know that's because Kai is the name of Lessa's best friend in the story I'm writing with my friend. We'd like to get the stories published one day so I wouldn't make my children suffer by naming them after the main characters even if I adore the name Lessa. I always have since I first read Dragon Rider's of Pern. It's just so pretty!  

Queen-of-the-Rogue

Merry Muse

16,700 Points
  • Wintersday Bard 50
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Advent Attendee 50

Aradia Helevorn

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 3:34 pm
Glitterbean
Aradia Helevorn

Those are cool names. Which Native American tribe are you from?

And you're writing a book? That's really cool. Are you going to publish it?

I'm from two different bands of Algonquin. One from Mass (twuksbury) and another from vermont (that came down from ontario) I have it on both my mom's and dad's side. Can't spell them off the top of my head for the life of me. lol

And yes, i'm working on at least five now that i think of it and i'm hoping someday i can publish. I was told, with such origional ideas and unique writing style I should have a good chance. ^ ^  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 3:40 pm
I know how that goes. I have relatives on my dad's side and I can never remember how to spell the country's name half the time. They're from Yugoslavia. Half the time I forget that.  

Queen-of-the-Rogue

Merry Muse

16,700 Points
  • Wintersday Bard 50
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Advent Attendee 50

Twilight Scribe

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 4:56 pm
Queen-of-the-Rogue
I know how that goes. I have relatives on my dad's side and I can never remember how to spell the country's name half the time. They're from Yugoslavia. Half the time I forget that.
Yugoslavia doesn't exist anymore.

Twilight - The Book, by Stephenie Meyer

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces