Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Inn of Peace (and other rp)

Back to Guilds

A role playing guild from non to fully literate role plays. 

Tags: Role play, literate 

Reply Graveyard
OOC - Realm Wars (CLOSED) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

cutullus

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:03 pm
Ah, I'd forgotten about that setting. It's fixed now. I'll send you another paragraph for my profile.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:27 pm
Thanks cutullus, you're accepted.

Kagetsukiko, there's only one slot left, better hurry razz  

Tonash Drahow

Omnipresent Phantom

Zulma san
Captain

Generous Knight

9,000 Points
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Battle: KO 200
PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:30 pm
redface Thanks Ultima, I think that this is far too much praise for me...and sorry to destroy your myth but I have never played D&D in my life...  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:32 pm
*exaggerated gasp!* What! no! I was so close!  

Valentine Valtieri

Blessed Hunter

Zulma san
Captain

Generous Knight

9,000 Points
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:46 pm
I am sorry I disappointed you... crying  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:48 pm
My favorite part about D&D was being the Polish Mine Detector. Sigh. My ears are still ringing.  

cutullus

Valentine Valtieri

Blessed Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:50 pm
It's gaia that's dissapointing me. Most of you look almost exactly lke your profile said. Your a dark elf, he's got pale blue skin. Now all i can do is mope and be human. (What, no reptiles, you gotta be kidding me!)  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:03 pm
I'm so confused.

And I've updated my avatar to look like the real me... and yes, I actually own 6 swords in real life, not including the ones I use for fencing/swordfighting.  

Tonash Drahow

Omnipresent Phantom

Valentine Valtieri

Blessed Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:07 pm
cool, you fence too? I want to learn it while i'm young but my parents are worried about the cost.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:15 pm
Actually Ultima there is a reptile skin... in the Padmavati's lotus. biggrin  

Zulma san
Captain

Generous Knight

9,000 Points
  • Seasoned Warrior 250

HeadlessKoko

Invisible Regular

12,125 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Alchemy Level 2 100
PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:16 pm
I'm technically not supposed to be on right now, so I'm kind of completing my profile in spurts.
By the way, for drakes, I'm guessing they can only be shades of green or brown? cuz I really wanted black if I couldn't be albino.
Also, for the dragons. Are they sentient beings and what colors can they be? Just want to make sure.

You fence! Cool!! I'd probably... chop my own hand off if I fenced....

Also, doesn't the lotus cost a lot?  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:16 am
Fencing doesn't cost a huge amount, nor is it lethal or even really dangerous.

All blades are just a thin piece of metal with a rounded tip, no matter if you fence in Saber, Epeé or Foil.

The only hazardous to your health event in fencing is what occurs when a blade breaks (which happens about 3-5 months after using them regularly, costs about 20$ to replace it); when a blade breaks, the protective edge of the metal is no longer there, meaning that you are now holding a metal spike, depending on where the blade broke.

In saber, where you can slash and stab, its not so much of a problem for the competitors as it is the audience. I once saw a broken blade fling off to the side and nearly hit somebody. (Very rare event)

But almost always when a blade breaks it is harmless, because it happens so fast that you realize it before you carry through with an attack.

As for pricing, its been a while since I last fenced competitively, but these are the prices I remember.

For practice only:
60$ for 6 lessons. (Depends on the school)
The schools typically provide all the equipment, so you're basically just paying for the lessons.

For individual usage (non-competition):
100ish$ for your own weapon
40$ for a fencing jacket(armor)
80$ for a mask(helmet)

For competition:
100ish$ for your weapon
70ish$ for a lamé (electronic overcoat that registers scoring, foil and saber only)
120$ for an electronic mask (for registering scores)
20ish$ for cords (these connect to your lamé, mask and weapon to tell the machine when you hit and get hit)  

Tonash Drahow

Omnipresent Phantom

Angeles Valentine
Crew

7,150 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Hunter 50
  • Healer 50
PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:45 pm
Now your avatar looks like you? I already drew your chibi-chibi as the old wizard >.>  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 2:51 pm
Lol, that's cool too razz

Unfortunately Gaia doesn't have any red or blond haired beards or goatees that are practical. Here's an image of the real me.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Anyways, Realm Wars will not begin until Thursday afternoonish time. I need to fully devote the remaining hours until then to finishing my final project for my Advanced Drawing course.

Once it is finished and the exams are over, I'll be able to be on more for a good while.  

Tonash Drahow

Omnipresent Phantom

HeadlessKoko

Invisible Regular

12,125 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Alchemy Level 2 100
PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 2:57 pm
Just checking, there will be other Flight Keepers at Starfall correct? I need to know whether or not other Keepers will be there so my character can properly react.  
Graveyard

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff