Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Muslim Guild Of Gaia

Back to Guilds

The Muslim Guild Of Gaia for everyone who wanto learn about Islam! Or for those muslims who wanto meet muslims. Or if u wanna have fun!!!! 

Tags: Muslim, Islam, Religion, Islamic, United 

Reply ☪)Islamic Discussion(☪
Is listening to songs are not allowed in Islam? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The_Pathan
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 1:43 am
i'm also unsure, i mean. Music!!!! Everyone litsens to it and sing it...  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 5:31 am
Of course you can here music, but it must be a good music like...it's about Allah and Islam.You also can hear other music, but as long that music is good for muslim to hear it.  

0o-Tomstone-o0

Mewling Wolf

9,550 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Ultimate Player 200

TaKeSeY

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 7:42 am
thx all  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 11:28 pm
I would like to answer the question about the songs.. ^^
Well,, back in the Rasulullah years, it is not haram to listen to songs as the songs are only being played in grand occasions like the Eids, weddings, births, aqiqat, and the return of travelers as the songs are used as entertainment..

But,, for the time being.. the world has change..
Nowadays,, singing is in many cases associated with drinking parties and night club.. thus, many scholars declared it to be haram as it constitutes that kind of idle talk..

"And among the people is the one who buys idle talk( at the expense of his soul) in order to lead (people) astray from the path of Allah without knowledge, holding it in mockery; for such there will be humiliating punishment. (31 : 6)"
That's what written in the Quran in surah Al-Luqman.

however,,

The Messager of Allah(peace be on him) said, 'Deeds will be judged according to intentions, and everyone will get what he intended.'
Reported by al-Bukhari and Muslim.

Thus, accordingly, the one who listens to singing with the intention of using it in support of a sin is a sinner, while one who listens to singing in the intention of refreshing his soul in order to gain strength to do his duty toward Allah Ta'ala and to do good deeds, is a good and obedient servant of Allah, and his actions is of the truth.

However,, still the subject matter of songs (lyrics) should not be against the teachings of Islam for example, praising wine, invites people to drink it, singing or listening to it will be haram.

the manner of singing should also not be against islam's teaching. example, the singing were accompanied by suggestive sexual movement.

also, if singing is done with conjunction with haram activities; at drinking party, or if it is mixed with obscenity and sin; it is haram.

that's all i know i guess.. i found most of it in a book of 'the haram and halal in islam'.
i can't remember who is the writer. i'll try to look for it back and post the writer name later.
hope i'm helping. ^^  

Furah

TaKeSeY

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 2:49 am
thanks alot furah that helped me alot smile  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 9:53 pm
no problem! it helped me a lot too.
well, i've been wandering about that as well..
then, i suddenly found that book and read it.
thus, that's why i share the info here.
glad to be of help! ^^  

Furah

Fish of Steel
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 7:28 am
Dashin_Sentient
TaKeSeY
first thank you all for replying

Dashin_Sentient
i just listen to them while im doing something i dont get bored but i still pray and worship Allah, is that ok?

As long the music is not affecting you... But Allah know the best for you...
In my opinion, rather than listening to music. It's better to listen to the recitation of Al_Quran.
Such as this one...
Beautiful Quran recitation in Mosque , Kuwait.
]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g5hjVy90HAM

you should not listen to Quran while doing ANYTHING else, when you listen or read Quran you must ALWAYS give it your full attention ALWAAAAAYYYYYS!!!!!!!
its a sin not to!!!!  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 7:29 am
Bharatiyaa_ larki
I don't think that it is haram.
If it is then why are there many Muslim artist creating music??
The music is still about Allah so I don't see anything wrong with listening to music.
I have heard this, but I'm not sure if it is true.

Christians gamble and do other things they should not its the same idea most arab artist are sinner its just that some are worse than others.  

Fish of Steel
Vice Captain

Fish of Steel
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 7:38 am
Furah
no problem! it helped me a lot too.
well, i've been wandering about that as well..
then, i suddenly found that book and read it.
thus, that's why i share the info here.
glad to be of help! ^^

sweety you should not belive every book you read, alot of them out there are far from the truth (Im not saying urs is since I didnt read it) but Islam is not just one way of thinking you know how in Christianity there are Catholics and other kinds (I can only remember that one sorry sweatdrop )
in islam there is over 72, and all of them go to hell except one "the ones who follow the Quran and my teachings", the prophet said so himself.
so maybe the one you read might not be the corect one or maybe it is but its only wrong about that little part not sure sweatdrop

but not all music is haram maybe the book was referring to the only type of music that is not haram I wont know till I read the book smile  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 7:58 am
The_Pathan
Bharatiyaa_ larki
I don't think that it is haram.
If it is then why are there many Muslim artist creating music??
The music is still about Allah so I don't see anything wrong with listening to music.
I have heard this, but I'm not sure if it is true.
Music about Allah = not haram.

Other music = haram.

NOT TRUE

1-"anasheed" are not even considered music since there is no instruments playing, and anasheed can be on maaaaanyyyyy topic not just Islam.

2-NOT all music is haram all INSTRUMENTS are haram, except the drum or in arab cultures its called "al daff", as long as ur only using the daff no guitar or piano or anything its not haram at all.

3-the subject of the song is not an issue it does not have to be about Islam or god, if its a wedding it can be a love song a party can have happy fun songs.

"AL DEENO YOSR" = "religion is lenient"
every one keeps forgetting that cry  

Fish of Steel
Vice Captain

The_Pathan
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 8:08 am
A wedding song with only drum and voice? Only Afghani music, i would say lol

So what if the music is computermade, and not by instruments? What if it's some techno song?  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 8:11 am
not just Afghan music arabic music is the same biggrin

techno is haram then cuz its not daff  

Fish of Steel
Vice Captain

The_Pathan
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 12:41 pm
Ohh okay =D

Cool xd Why only duff? :O  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 4:40 pm
Im not really sure I'll have to check but that is what the prophet says and thats enough for me if I dont know now some day I will 3nodding  

Fish of Steel
Vice Captain

☪)Islamic Discussion(☪

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas