Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Muslim Guild Of Gaia

Back to Guilds

The Muslim Guild Of Gaia for everyone who wanto learn about Islam! Or for those muslims who wanto meet muslims. Or if u wanna have fun!!!! 

Tags: Muslim, Islam, Religion, Islamic, United 

Reply Guild Forum
Are You KIDDING ?! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Bharatiyaa_ larki
Crew

850 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 12:45 pm
well as you know that today is the christian holiday called christmas.. and so alot of my christian friends called me and said "merry christmas" they know that I'm muslim.. and they know that I don't celebrate it... so why did they call me to say this to me? I just got really annoyed so I just told them happy holidays because I didn't want to sound rude.. did I do the right thing?  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 4:29 pm
Bharatiyaa_ larki
well as you know that today is the christian holiday called christmas.. and so alot of my christian friends called me and said "merry christmas" they know that I'm muslim.. and they know that I don't celebrate it... so why did they call me to say this to me? I just got really annoyed so I just told them happy holidays because I didn't want to sound rude.. did I do the right thing?

I actually thing what u did was perfect since ur being polite and not committing to anything blaugh  

Fish of Steel
Vice Captain

Fish of Steel
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 4:31 pm
The_Pathan
Quote:

besides no one non muslim says happy new year for us on our new year why should we

Because we are muslims, and we are friendly people 3nodding

Well, our new year. Why is it short? I been wondering? smile I take 1st January as new year for whole world, not as christian.

the hole world is Christian well the major countries any way confused  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 5:40 pm
Fish of Steel
The_Pathan
Quote:

besides no one non muslim says happy new year for us on our new year why should we

Well, our new year. Why is it short? I been wondering? smile I take 1st January as new year for whole world, not as christian.

I know.. like Americas, Canada, and Europe..  

Bharatiyaa_ larki
Crew

850 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Bharatiyaa_ larki
Crew

850 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 5:41 pm
Fish of Steel
Bharatiyaa_ larki

I actually thing what u did was perfect since ur being polite and not committing to anything blaugh

yeah, thats what I thought, but I just wanted to make sure  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 4:58 am
Happy holidays sounds abit odd lol I would say merry christmas, and happy new year lol  

The_Pathan
Captain

Fish of Steel
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 6:27 am
well yeah id does sound weird I actually love christmas the fact that its so important to every one is so nice I wish my country was like that on eid sad

but I really don't celebrate it or new year its just my principal biggrin  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 6:30 am
Bharatiyaa_ larki
Fish of Steel
The_Pathan
Quote:

I know.. like Americas, Canada, and Europe..

Im glad some one agree's with me loool 4laugh  

Fish of Steel
Vice Captain

The_Pathan
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 12:25 pm
Well, it happends that everyone has alot of fireworks, everywhere is fireworks, so it's really nice and beautiful biggrin So my family meet in my grandmom's house, and clebrate it there biggrin It's a excuse to meet, and to look at fireworks 3nodding But in muslim countries they don't do it, so it's pointless celebrating it there wink

But x-mas is christian, so i don't celebrate razz

Just because people in a christian country does it, it dossen't mean it's haram. Cuz it has nothing to do with religion.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 12:33 pm
The_Pathan
Well, it happends that everyone has alot of fireworks, everywhere is fireworks, so it's really nice and beautiful biggrin So my family meet in my grandmom's house, and clebrate it there biggrin It's a excuse to meet, and to look at fireworks 3nodding But in muslim countries they don't do it, so it's pointless celebrating it there wink

Just because people in a christian country does it, it dossen't mean it's haram. Cuz it has nothing to do with religion.

True, but I know some Muslims who do celebrate it.. well they only celebrate it for one year..  

Bharatiyaa_ larki
Crew

850 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

The_Pathan
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 3:57 am
celebratng xmas is haram, they shouldent celebrate it.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 8:40 am
Salam, I'm really new here but I can't help but join in xp

Quote:

Lots of people wish me a merry christmas, and i just wish them back, because I believe we should respect other people's religion. If they are nice to us, we should be nice to them back, no? But I don't celebrate it, that would be haram. So I think what you did was really great biggrin

Regarding the new years, I don't see any problem in celebrating it as long as you adhere to Islamic principles. Even if we celebrate Maal Hijrah with haram things, it would be haram, right?

I, for one, don't actually celebrate new years. But that's just me 4laugh  

whitemagesarah

Geek Zombie

6,300 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 2:55 pm
Its haram because Muslim new year starts with Muharam, and you should not laugh and party and be all happy and celebrate stuff.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 3:47 pm
The_Pathan
celebratng xmas is haram, they shouldent celebrate it.

I know... but they did it anyway..
There is so much that American Muslims do that is haram.. like some time you walk down the street and you see a girl in a black abaya with a belt accenting her waist.. it makes you think why wear the abaya if you're going to still show off your curves  

Bharatiyaa_ larki
Crew

850 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Bharatiyaa_ larki
Crew

850 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 3:50 pm
Bharatiyaa_ larki
The_Pathan

True, but I know some Muslims who do celebrate it.. well they only celebrate it for one year..

I don't really see a point in why people celebrate it... but I guess you can say that I celebrate. I guess... like I said before all I do is bake..lol  
Guild Forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff