Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Net Slum [a guild for .hack fans]

Back to Guilds

A guild for fans of the anime/game series, dot hack. 

Tags: dot hack, .hack//sign, .hack//G.U., .hack, skeeeeeeeeiiiiiiiittthhh 

Reply Game Assistance and Talk
The World MMO is real! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Keime

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 12:33 pm
I'm behind on finding out about this... but I really don't expect to see anything that can come close to the 'real' The World for at least another decade. For me, the PS2 games are the best substitute right now. They don't involve interaction with real people, but they're still loads of fun.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:49 pm
dont bother the 3-d version is down and wont come back but the 2-d version i am assisting with making u can join this but u have to pm me with the name this was i can keep the fourm attached the game wont be flooded with people who wont post  

deathwalker 9000

RikusDusk

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:16 am
i dont seee a link to download it -_-  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 4:27 pm
Ah that's pretty cool. I was actually going to buy .Hack//Fragment because it was pretty much 'The World' MMO. But the game only came out in Japan and I'd 1. Need a internet connection for my PS2, and 2. I would have to buy one of those things that would make it so I CAN play Japanese games on my PS2 XD but this may work too.  

Kyoki DirzettE

6,750 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Person of Interest 200

Balmvng

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 12:36 am
Kyoki DirzettE
Ah that's pretty cool. I was actually going to buy .Hack//Fragment because it was pretty much 'The World' MMO. But the game only came out in Japan and I'd 1. Need a internet connection for my PS2, and 2. I would have to buy one of those things that would make it so I CAN play Japanese games on my PS2 XD but this may work too.

That and the Fragment servers closed a while ago.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 7:39 pm
Lord Balmung of Azure Sky
Kyoki DirzettE

Oh... well FML D: that's depressing. God, wish I had known about the game way sooner. crying  

Kyoki DirzettE

6,750 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Person of Interest 200

Balmvng

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 9:02 pm
Kyoki DirzettE
Kyoki DirzettE

Oh... well FML D: that's depressing. God, wish I had known about the game way sooner. crying

Bandai and CC2 are greedy that way.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 4:50 am
Kyoki DirzettE
Kyoki DirzettE

Why do you think the 3D version went down.  

Darkly_Doomed

Dapper Lunatic

10,850 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Explorer 100

Kyoki DirzettE

6,750 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 8:16 am
Kyoki DirzettE
Kyoki DirzettE

Yeah. Well it doesn't help the game is several years old hahah. Eventually I'm sure people would have stopped playing it.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 7:11 pm
Darkly_Doomed

3D version?
If you're talking about the online servers for Fragment, they were closed down; they were only limited time. In fact, they kept them open a little longer, a month or two if I remember correctly, because of the popularity of the online servers.  

Balmvng

Darkly_Doomed

Dapper Lunatic

10,850 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 8:05 am
Darkly_Doomed

3D version?
If you're talking about the online servers for Fragment, they were closed down; they were only limited time. In fact, they kept them open a little longer, a month or two if I remember correctly, because of the popularity of the online servers.

No no, the unofficial 3D The World online RPG, that this topic was first made about.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 11:01 am
Wait, so they're both closed? gonk gonk  

Kyoki DirzettE

6,750 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Person of Interest 200

Balmvng

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 5:52 pm
Darkly_Doomed
Darkly_Doomed

3D version?

No no, the unofficial 3D The World online RPG, that this topic was first made about.

I don't know enough about it, but I'll assume that it's because it was unofficial, and Bandai had something against it.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 7:31 pm
Darkly_Doomed
Darkly_Doomed

3D version?

I don't know enough about it, but I'll assume that it's because it was unofficial, and Bandai had something against it.

Yeah. And the greed thing too, probably.  

Darkly_Doomed

Dapper Lunatic

10,850 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Explorer 100

Kyoki DirzettE

6,750 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 4:37 pm
So, I'm wondering, even though the servers and such have been closed down for //Fragment, is it still worth getting? Like is there stuff you can still do in the game even though there are no servers?  
Game Assistance and Talk

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff