Submit

Do looks matter?
  Absolutely.
  Not in the slightest.
  Somewhat.
View Results

MortSanglant

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 2:38 pm
I'll admit that a person's personality can really help improve how I perceive them physically.

But for the most part that person still must have redeeming physical qualities.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 9:04 pm
You have to have some looks, but looks to one person could be no looks to another person.

For me there has to be intrigue, I'll admit a lot of times looks are the first thing that catch me. Clothes will get me for a sec; then its eyes, smile, and ability to hold a conversation.

But like I said: one person's looks are another person's no looks. I know for a fact that what I like in guys is totally different then what my best friend likes lol.  

kykana

Invisible Informer

8,925 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Generous 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

ieatyourtclol

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 10:44 pm
I'm all about looks  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:10 am
mkdir
I'm all about looks

I know you are, love.  

MortSanglant

Angel of the End

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 4:43 pm
Snuff Pixel
Lol /: It has to matter.
You have to have more than a
mental attraction towards the person.
Then again, I guess they wouldn't matter
if you found a good sturdy paper bag.

I feel in love with my partner because they loved me... I see them, and I see their love for me: that is why I see him as beautiful. If he never loved me, if he never showed compassion or a heart, he would be no more than yet another mask in a sea of masquarade to me. He loves me, and that is why when I see him he is beautiful. Everything about him is beautiful to me.
(This coming from someone who is naturally asexual and very, very into looks and artistic value... when we first got together, I found no attraction to him in any way, it wasn't until later on when our roots, like two trees close together, grew so tightly together that I feel to love him in every way. A parent can love a child who is not pretty or handsome... lovers can do so as well, for looks can be so easily changed, it is like how God loves us. "For man looks on the outward appearence, but the Lord looks at the heart.")

Parents love their children, friends love their friends who are scarred or horribly disfigured from war, the most beautiful people I've met in my life had no bodily figure or look about them to make someone who hadn't seen their kindness think of them as "attractive", in todays society... I choose my friends and close ones by their hearts, not appearences, music tastes, or anything else so mundane, senseless, and ultimately worthless when it comes to the value of a human being.

Just saying... my full-hearted honest to death truth on the matter.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:45 pm
Angel of the End

Parents love their children, friends love their friends who are scarred or horribly disfigured from war, the most beautiful people I've met in my life had no bodily figure or look about them to make someone who hadn't seen their kindness think of them as "attractive", in todays society... I choose my friends and close ones by their hearts, not appearences, music tastes, or anything else so mundane, senseless, and ultimately worthless when it comes to the value of a human being.

As beautiful as those words are, they don't fit what I'm asking.

The love of a parent to his/her child is not the same as the love between lovers.

As you seem to be one of Godly persuasion you may know that there are four types of love as seen in the Greek:

1. Eros: romantic love; the love of attraction and sexuality [the love I am referring to in this topic]

2. Storge: the love shared between a parent and child; siblings; etc...

3. Phileo: 'brotherly love'; the love of friends

4. Agape: Godly love; unconditional love; to love without want in return; to love regardless of whether or not the other deserves it

You have hinted on all four in your post, but I am referring to one type of love. That is eros.

MortSanglant

L Ron Jeremy

Aged Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 7:01 am
Everyone who has said that looks don't matter so far is a damn liar.
Just sayin'.

This message is brought to you in part by the Give Razors to Emos Foundation
Eradicating at least 24 idiots a day.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 12:44 pm
L Ron Jeremy
Just sayin'.

Hence the reason I made this topic. xD  

MortSanglant

Necrodancer Ghost

Feral Vampire

15,750 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Team Moira 200
PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 2:52 pm
MortSanglant
L Ron Jeremy
Just sayin'.

And we all love you for it. XD

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 4:27 pm
The Spirit of Vengeance
MortSanglant
L Ron Jeremy
Just sayin'.

And we all love you for it. XD

I think I taste sarcasm?  

MortSanglant

L Ron Jeremy

Aged Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 4:49 pm
No, no. That time it wasn't sarcasm. More of a general observation of most of the guild's attitude toward you. But for future reference, I normally don't use emoticons in sarcastic posts.
ninja

And I've got to remember to stop switching accounts in the same thread.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:00 am
MortSanglant
Angel of the End

As beautiful as those words are, they don't fit what I'm asking.

The love of a parent to his/her child is not the same as the love between lovers.

As you seem to be one of Godly persuasion you may know that there are four types of love as seen in the Greek:

1. Eros: romantic love; the love of attraction and sexuality [the love I am referring to in this topic]

2. Storge: the love shared between a parent and child; siblings; etc...

3. Phileo: 'brotherly love'; the love of friends

4. Agape: Godly love; unconditional love; to love without want in return; to love regardless of whether or not the other deserves it

You have hinted on all four in your post, but I am referring to one type of love. That is eros.

There are several kinds of music as well, but music is still music. -shrugs- Sexuality is something very different than love, it is a strong emotion and something my personal beliefs state was ment for life-long lovers as a way of bonding physically, emotionally, and spiritually. In today's society, it is just raging hormones, sexed-up teens, with a hint of technology to assist it on it's way.... you are right about eros. ((However, agape can take on the form of eros as a way of expression, as well as taking on any of the other three.))  

Angel of the End

MortSanglant

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:32 am
@ L Ron/Vengeance :

The guild loves me? =O
I don't believe.

@ Angel:

I am not saying that the different types of love cannot overlap. What I'm saying is this topic was meant for the initial-most attractions [those that are most commonly involved with eros] in that do looks matter?

Personally upon initial meeting of someone I hardly entertain thoughts of being with that person if I am not physically attracted in some way.

That does not, however, mean that I completely give up on getting to know the person better.

Looks aren't everything, and they only get you so far. But they are definitely important.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:20 am
Well yes, in todays world, I certainly think you are correct on that, atleast for a rather vast majority... especially in "civilized" nations.  

Angel of the End

Scarlette Begonias

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:10 pm
hmm...looks are important in a relationship till a certain point because seriously what you think is beautiful today in like 30 yrs will not be so hot.  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff