Every program you need on one disk, but what programs? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

war_junky 91

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 3:22 pm
Requiem in Mortis
Oh God, Norton was horrible. EVERYTHING you did had to be cleared through it, it slowed the computer down to a crawl, and you couldn't do jack s**t until it started up, which took a good five to ten minutes. Norton isn't antivirus, it IS a virus.

It also didn't stop the virus that was Limewire from taking a s**t on my computer.

My dad had Norton on his old computer. It is a virus. I tried for three days to remove that damn thing from the computer. Could. NOT. Do it. I would have reformatted the computer if it recognized the external hard drive we have. But it doesn't which makes things difficult. So i just ******** it because he has his laptop and uses the desktop like once a month now.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 3:40 pm
war_junky 91
Requiem in Mortis
Oh God, Norton was horrible. EVERYTHING you did had to be cleared through it, it slowed the computer down to a crawl, and you couldn't do jack s**t until it started up, which took a good five to ten minutes. Norton isn't antivirus, it IS a virus.

It also didn't stop the virus that was Limewire from taking a s**t on my computer.

My dad had Norton on his old computer. It is a virus. I tried for three days to remove that damn thing from the computer. Could. NOT. Do it. I would have reformatted the computer if it recognized the external hard drive we have. But it doesn't which makes things difficult. So i just ******** it because he has his laptop and uses the desktop like once a month now.
The only way I can think of removing it is going in and deleting all of the files for Norton on the computer, but I guarantee that they're hidden deep within the bowels of the hard drive so that they're impossible to access.  

Requiem ex Inferni

Eloquent Streaker

war_junky 91

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 4:11 pm
Requiem in Mortis
war_junky 91
Requiem in Mortis

The only way I can think of removing it is going in and deleting all of the files for Norton on the computer, but I guarantee that they're hidden deep within the bowels of the hard drive so that they're impossible to access.

It wouldn't suprise me if it had a self preservation system build in that eliminates your administrative properties kind of like Spore did, making it impossible to remove.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 7:26 pm
Requiem in Mortis

I used Norton once and it worked fine, but in general I hear it sucks. I wonder why it's a top brand.  

Das Rabble Rouser

Invisible Phantom

Das Rabble Rouser

Invisible Phantom

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 7:29 pm
war_junky 91
Requiem in Mortis
war_junky 91
Requiem in Mortis

It wouldn't suprise me if it had a self preservation system build in that eliminates your administrative properties kind of like Spore did, making it impossible to remove.
Spore? As in the game that lets you make monsters? I didn't realize it was so much like a parasite. xd Seriously this is all sounding like some kind of surgery or something.

Well we can't get rid of the Norton parasite. It's lodged itself right in the left ventricle.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 8:24 pm
Requiem in Mortis

Oh man, you think that's bad? Norton released new software every couple years for the Mac... same program, new GUI. Nothing inside ever changed. It worked, in practice, until OSX hit. OSX changed the directory and file handling, but Norton didn't change to match. So Norton Speed Disk, while "defragmenting", was actually scrambling your drive like a goddamn egg.  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 8:25 pm
war_junky 91
Requiem in Mortis
war_junky 91
Requiem in Mortis

Worse... I hear it SELF-REPLICATES. If you don't get it ALL, it grows back.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 8:30 pm
war_junky 91
Requiem in Mortis
war_junky 91
Requiem in Mortis

Wait, Spore makes it impossible to remove the program? Well, s**t.  

Requiem ex Inferni

Eloquent Streaker

Das Rabble Rouser

Invisible Phantom

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 8:33 pm
Fresnel
Requiem in Mortis

Oh man, you think that's bad? Norton released new software every couple years for the Mac... same program, new GUI. Nothing inside ever changed. It worked, in practice, until OSX hit. OSX changed the directory and file handling, but Norton didn't change to match. So Norton Speed Disk, while "defragmenting", was actually scrambling your drive like a goddamn egg.
Thanks Fres. I needed a good laugh.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 8:33 pm
Fresnel
war_junky 91
Requiem in Mortis
war_junky 91
Requiem in Mortis

Worse... I hear it SELF-REPLICATES. If you don't get it ALL, it grows back.
Now it just sounds like a tumor.  

Das Rabble Rouser

Invisible Phantom

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 12:14 am
Das Rabble Rouser
Fresnel
Requiem in Mortis

They had a good thing going though... they wrote the program to defeat every single virus written for Mac, and afterwards, NOBODY WROTE NEW VIRUSES, so changing nothing WORKED.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 12:28 am
Fresnel
Das Rabble Rouser
Fresnel
Requiem in Mortis

They had a good thing going though... they wrote the program to defeat every single virus written for Mac, and afterwards, NOBODY WROTE NEW VIRUSES, so changing nothing WORKED.
Still it was funny smile  

Das Rabble Rouser

Invisible Phantom

OberFeldwebel

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 7:40 am
Das Rabble Rouser
war_junky 91
Requiem in Mortis
war_junky 91
Requiem in Mortis

Spore? As in the game that lets you make monsters? I didn't realize it was so much like a parasite. xd Seriously this is all sounding like some kind of surgery or something.

Well we can't get rid of the Norton parasite. It's lodged itself right in the left ventricle.

You'll have to go into the registry and delete all references to Norton.
I'm sure there's a list of registry entries of Norton somewhere, but I don't feel like searching for that.

About games that don't let your uninstall;
There's quite a few games that don't have an 'uninstall' feature.
Can't remember all of them but America's Army and the new Grand Theft Auto doesn't.  
Chatterbox/Humor

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff