They added the effects to bring something new to the old show which was stupid as the whole reason they decided to re-broadcast the old show was because it made the most money out of all the series shown in the U.S. They've been losing viewers ever since Saban lost the rights and so the dcided to gow back to the beginning and try to rack in cash using the most popular one. Plus they figured by using MMPR they would get more viewers since those of us who grew up watching it have kids of our own now ( thank god I ain't in that group yet ) would be interested in our kids getting to see the stuff that not only started it all but what we saw growing up. By adding the effects they screwed up big time since it has undoubtly alienated some of those viewers.

Also interesting thing about JDF's tattoos is that I never realised it he had them during Dino Thunder until I saw that pick and thinking back in those eps you never see him wearing a shirt that has his arms exposed past the mid lower arm level. Guess Disney didn't think it would send a good message having a Ranger showing ink.

Also G I don't thinka ya gotta worry about them givin Beetleborgs the " Batman " treatment since just like VR Troopers neither were as lucrative financially as MMPR to even merit the attention of Disney. Masked Rider coulda been worse too....just hard to find a way but it has to be there somewhere.