how do you feel about ff7? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

how do you feel about ff7?
  lame
  could have been better
  i love,love,love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
View Results

piper_lovegood

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 6:37 am
I think one of my favorate things from FF7 is the mini games and sidequests. Seriously you get to breed Chocobos and ride them all most anywhere. then they have the arcade. So there's lots to do after you beat the game. but the fanbase is nuts.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 2:26 pm
T3h Jinji

During the scene when Cloud is jumping into the sky to attack Bahamut, she turned to me and said, "He looks like a sperm jumping into an egg."

YES! I'm not the only one who thought that. C:

Anyway, on my two cents on the whole thing.

The original FFVII: Is the best in the compilation. Which doesn't say much, but one thirteen-year old prepubescent twit said that Crisis Core was better than FFVII. I don't think I'd ever been more driven to kill in my whole life.

I love the game, but it isn't my absolute favorite in the whole freaking universe. The story is executed very nicely, and I think its themes paint a picture of what we could become in the future, and how to avoid that.

Advent Children: A worthy follow-up to the original game. The story left a little to be desired, but it was a decent start. Mostly, I think it was a demonstration of Square's technical capabilities, and adds a little more to the nature of Jenova and her presence in the World. While the whole Geostigma thing wasn't in the original, I liked it anyway.

Dirge of Cerberus: Fanservice. I consider it semi-canon, because from the outset, it works. It did muddy things up a little bit, and for a while I didn't like the whole Deepground thing because I couldn't make heads or tails of its purpose. After reading a few ultimania articles, it looked like the writing team had an idea of what they wanted, but exectured it poorly.

I don't like how it focused soley on Vincent the whole time. I wanted to get the perspective of everybody's trials fighting off Deepground. The best part about it was the adding of detail to the whole Hojo-Lucrecia-Vincent thing. I wanted to learn more about Lucrecia's character, and it gave it to me. Though, it all started to get soapy after the thirteenth "I'm so sorry!". Sad at first, the annoying.

Also, the whole Omega WEAPON thing was like a wonderful joke to me. It was cool to play, but unnecessary story-wise. :

Overall, it was a lovely dose of fanservice, but considering the storyline itself, kind of messed things up. yes.

Crisis Core: Actually good. It doesn't hold a candle to FFVII itself, and it attracted a zoo of Zack fanboys to an already fantard-inflamed story. I liked the storyline and the degeneration concept though. It was a good spinoff, because most of the new characters to Crisis Core didn't have any impact on the original game and rip open plot holes for FFVII. At least, in my opinion. The remakes of a few scenes were, again, my favorite aspects in it. It was a decent prequel, I think, and the Genesis thing (hated his character. >_>) leaves some stuff open for a real end to the Compilation.

Before Crisis: Again, fanservice. e_e;; To me, that tore the biggest holes in the original. It was cool at first, but then I was like "How does that even work?" with the whole Materia-Zirconaide fiasco. And why were there so many Turks? That surely would have been addressed in the original, if they had intended that. But it wasn't. It all seemed to far-fetched to actually take seriously. Cissnei in Crisis Core could have been believeable, but eight other Turks? Doesn't work with me. And besides, where did they all go? Did they die before FFVII? Meh.

About the whole compilation in general, I like it and all, but I've been so turned of my my fellow fans that I've moved my main obsession elsewhere. Don't get me wrong, I love FFVII and its compilation (In spite of the spinoffs' problems), but I've been waiting for the fandom to mature or take their stupidity somewhere else that isn't in my line of sight/hearing.

Princess Augustine

Beloved Phantom

11,700 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Guildmember 100
  • Married 100

I Gohan I

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 7:47 am
well it was my frist ff game to play when after my brother played it and beaten the game : D  
Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff