Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ArmasTermin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:22 am
Fresnel
Horrified Survivor
Fresnel
Das Rabble Rouser
I could see how this would be a problem if the verses were printed on the lens in such a way that it obscured vision, but if it's on the housing or something get the ******** over it. Cover it with whiteout or a sharpie or something.
It's not even the actual verse, it's the book name and line/verse numbers.

I can kind of sympathize with them in one way. They're fighting a holy war here. If they have evidence that we are too, no matter how thin, then they'll become all that more persuasive in their PR campaigns. This war isn't just about the soldiers, it's about the civilians, too. It's best we keep them civilians; we don't need to be recruiting for the other side.
At some point, you've got to make a stand. And that point hasn't been raised at all, apparently. It's just about atheist militants Freaking out that the government is spending money on something vaguely religious. It's by the same people who want to take "In God we trust" off of our money. Not a strategic move.
Oh yeah, like the cost changes any if you take six engraved characters of the side of a five-hundred-dollar ACOG. The Taliban is already trying to convince the world that we're fighting a holy war. This is just giving them ammunition.

What's the difference if we're fighting a holy war? Last time I checked they were killing us because we don't worship Allah, and we're killing them right back, in spades I might add.

War of politics, religion, money, power, who cares? All I say is we ought to either win or pull out. And if the serial numbers of ACOG sights give out warriors anything from divine protection to even the must subtle psychological boost, then that's awesome.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:06 am
Das Rabble Rouser
And when he had opened the second seal, I heard the second beast say, Come and see. And there went out another horse that was red: and power was given to him that sat thereon to take peace from the earth, and that they should kill one another: and there was given unto him a great sword.
Yep.  

Requiem ex Inferni

Eloquent Streaker

Das Rabble Rouser

Invisible Phantom

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:55 am
Requiem in Mortis
Das Rabble Rouser
And when he had opened the second seal, I heard the second beast say, Come and see. And there went out another horse that was red: and power was given to him that sat thereon to take peace from the earth, and that they should kill one another: and there was given unto him a great sword.
Yep.
Yeah I keep one in a drawer of my desk.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:29 pm
ArmasTermin
Fresnel
Horrified Survivor
Fresnel
Das Rabble Rouser
I could see how this would be a problem if the verses were printed on the lens in such a way that it obscured vision, but if it's on the housing or something get the ******** over it. Cover it with whiteout or a sharpie or something.

I can kind of sympathize with them in one way. They're fighting a holy war here. If they have evidence that we are too, no matter how thin, then they'll become all that more persuasive in their PR campaigns. This war isn't just about the soldiers, it's about the civilians, too. It's best we keep them civilians; we don't need to be recruiting for the other side.
At some point, you've got to make a stand. And that point hasn't been raised at all, apparently. It's just about atheist militants Freaking out that the government is spending money on something vaguely religious. It's by the same people who want to take "In God we trust" off of our money. Not a strategic move.
Oh yeah, like the cost changes any if you take six engraved characters of the side of a five-hundred-dollar ACOG. The Taliban is already trying to convince the world that we're fighting a holy war. This is just giving them ammunition.

What's the difference if we're fighting a holy war? Last time I checked they were killing us because we don't worship Allah, and we're killing them right back, in spades I might add.

War of politics, religion, money, power, who cares? All I say is we ought to either win or pull out. And if the serial numbers of ACOG sights give out warriors anything from divine protection to even the must subtle psychological boost, then that's awesome.
If they can 'prove' we're fighting a holy war, it'll be easier to recruit new jihadis. That's the problem. To paraphrase Bush, this isn't a war of people, it's a war of hearts and minds.  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

uryu ishida

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 8:04 pm
MILITARY ITSELF pissed. Possibly violated some regulations. They caved, of course, because that 67MIL contract was worth it.

Ironically, IT WASN'T A MILITANT ATHIEST WHO CAUSED THE PROBLEM. It was a lawyer who has never named his religion (but I have a sneaking sense that it is "whatever the ******** gets me more money at the point I'm asked"-ism.), and happened to scroll across the information on some forum or google search, and decided he might cause a stink (AKA IRL Trolling).

The trolling of Athiests piss me off more than the Athiests. I also know more militant Christians than Athiests, Agnostics, or even Satanists (no, Mr. Boomingvoice, I'm not going to hell, nor am I cursed, nor does your god trump mine. Shut the ******** up and leave the rest of us alone--if we want to be Christians, we'll come to you.). The Athiests only speak up when Mr. Boomingvoice pops his head in ranting about us going to hell, the Agnostics never speak up, and the Satanists are some of the nicest people I've met. Leveyan Satanism, I should clarify, which doesn't really believe in Satan. It's actually an Atheistic belief, that uses "Satan" as a symbol standing for basic human nature.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 8:24 pm
uryu ishida
MILITARY ITSELF pissed. Possibly violated some regulations. They caved, of course, because that 67MIL contract was worth it.

Ironically, IT WASN'T A MILITANT ATHIEST WHO CAUSED THE PROBLEM. It was a lawyer who has never named his religion (but I have a sneaking sense that it is "whatever the ******** gets me more money at the point I'm asked"-ism.), and happened to scroll across the information on some forum or google search, and decided he might cause a stink (AKA IRL Trolling).

The trolling of Athiests piss me off more than the Athiests. I also know more militant Christians than Athiests, Agnostics, or even Satanists (no, Mr. Boomingvoice, I'm not going to hell, nor am I cursed, nor does your god trump mine. Shut the ******** up and leave the rest of us alone--if we want to be Christians, we'll come to you.). The Athiests only speak up when Mr. Boomingvoice pops his head in ranting about us going to hell, the Agnostics never speak up, and the Satanists are some of the nicest people I've met. Leveyan Satanism, I should clarify, which doesn't really believe in Satan. It's actually an Atheistic belief, that uses "Satan" as a symbol standing for basic human nature.
I knew an atheist who owned a Satanist's Bible. Not Leveyan, but the whole "slaughter goats and paint pentagrams" satanism... he counter-trolled street preachers.  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

uryu ishida

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:54 pm
Fresnel
uryu ishida

I knew an atheist who owned a Satanist's Bible. Not Leveyan, but the whole "slaughter goats and paint pentagrams" satanism... he counter-trolled street preachers.
A LeVeyan-to-straight-Athiesm convert friend of my trolled Jehova's Witnesses who came to his house. It involved a ketchup pentagram on a table, the puppies in the back room barking at just the right time, and his Book of Satan (He could have pulled a troll with just about any religion--he's read damn near every religious text front to back and owns copies of most of them.).  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 12:44 am
Apparently Trijicon pussied out and is sending "100 removal kits" to take off the inscriptions. I'm guessing "removal kit" means "sandpaper" or something like it. stare

All of a sudden I want one of these ACOGS.

But first I need the gun to put it on.  

ArmasTermin

uryu ishida

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 10:49 am
ArmasTermin
Apparently Trijicon pussied out and is sending "100 removal kits" to take off the inscriptions. I'm guessing "removal kit" means "sandpaper" or something like it. stare

All of a sudden I want one of these ACOGS.

But first I need the gun to put it on.
They're a business. There's nothing p***y about changing your product to meet your largest consumer's demand, especially when you're under contract and that 67 million USD really helps to keep your business rich, since the largest percentage of the average gunconsumers don't need/can't afford your product.

They can stand behind their tradition. And lose their contract. Which will substantially lower yearly profits, stock prices, and maybe even set them on the edge of going under.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 5:29 pm
"Kids, I just had a conversation with General LeClerc.
He told me he was first into Paris, and by God, he wanted to be first into Berchtesgaden.
I told him I understood his point.
Now you fire up Second Battalion and outflank that French son of a b*tch!"
-Col. Sink, Band of Brothers

So, they're mad because they put letters on it that could possibly mean ANYTHING? Have they confirmed that it is ACTUALLY THE REFERENCE TO THE BIBLE? It could just be specs...

User ImageUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Total Value: 553,757 Gold

Item List:
Celebrity Snare Hulk Impact Crater
Jacked Up Cape
Shiny Black Short Shorts
Cheerleader Shoes (Green & Silver)
Green Gaia Feet Stockings
Voracious Fog
Nano-C
Celebrity Snare Snoop Dogg's Hoodie
Elegant Lord's Mask (Emerald Studs)
Wingding (phase one)

Kuuhaku-shou

Benevolent Prophet

8,800 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Accounting Whiz 500
  • Millionaire 200

Variola Major

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 5:55 pm
Chivalric Knight
"Kids, I just had a conversation with General LeClerc.
He told me he was first into Paris, and by God, he wanted to be first into Berchtesgaden.
I told him I understood his point.
Now you fire up Second Battalion and outflank that French son of a b*tch!"
-Col. Sink, Band of Brothers

So, they're mad because they put letters on it that could possibly mean ANYTHING? Have they confirmed that it is ACTUALLY THE REFERENCE TO THE BIBLE? It could just be specs...

User ImageUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Total Value: 553,757 Gold

Item List:
Celebrity Snare Hulk Impact Crater
Jacked Up Cape
Shiny Black Short Shorts
Cheerleader Shoes (Green & Silver)
Green Gaia Feet Stockings
Voracious Fog
Nano-C
Celebrity Snare Snoop Dogg's Hoodie
Elegant Lord's Mask (Emerald Studs)
Wingding (phase one)

The owner of the company himself confirmed that yes, they are Bible references.

I agree with Fresnel here. We do not need to be giving the Taliban ammunition in this manner.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:39 pm
Fresnel
Horrified Survivor
Fresnel
Das Rabble Rouser

@Requiem: Why am I thinking "THOU SHALT NOT KILL"?

ETA: Nope, that's Genesis. Would still be hilarious though.

I wish.

Armas: Want to drop $1173 plus the rifle?

Seriously, the scope costs more than the rifle!  

Buki_Actual

9,050 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Generous 100
  • Signature Look 250

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:49 pm
Sgt Buckner
Fresnel
Horrified Survivor
Fresnel
Das Rabble Rouser

I wish.

I figured the military gets a bulk discount.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:07 pm
Fresnel
Sgt Buckner
Fresnel
Horrified Survivor
Fresnel
Das Rabble Rouser

I wish.

>government
>bulk discount
>saving money

lol  

OberFeldwebel

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 5:59 am
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel
Sgt Buckner
Fresnel
Horrified Survivor

I wish.

>government
>bulk discount
>saving money

lol
They used to way back in the day. An M3 Submachine Gun cost $6/unit from GM.  
Gaia Gun Enthusiasts

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff