Shirtless Werewolf

5,900 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 8:59 pm
=.= <----- has not seen avatar....  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 10:18 pm
Wheter they are or not, it doesn't stop the otherkin to belive they are the reincarnation of a Na'vi.

Yes. Some belive such thing. I have seen it myself, and I facepalmed with passion at that.

[-Erik-]

Durem Citizen

7,700 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Generous 100
  • First step to fame 200

Atlaas

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 11:11 pm
Garek Maxwell
Atlaas
Is there a name for that? Like furries, but instead of animals, you like aliens?

Raƫlians! biggrin

Or Trekkies, I suppose.
Yeahhh... Not quite.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 4:45 am
Selene Aries
Since I do not personally call anthropomorphic characters "furries" and retain that term for the member of the Furry fandom, I would not call the Na'vi furries. However, they are indeed an fantasy creatures that resemble humanoid felines and could be considered anthropomorphic. In that regard they fit well with what this fandom centers around.

Going by how others use the term "furry," as a reference to any anthropomorphic animal, I could see them called that as well.

*gnaws on one of Selene's shoes* I concur and also this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0D8IRIYBSnk  

tikiu1221

tikiu1221

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 4:47 am
Atlaas
Garek Maxwell
Atlaas
Is there a name for that? Like furries, but instead of animals, you like aliens?

Raƫlians! biggrin

Or Trekkies, I suppose.
Yeahhh... Not quite.

SUCK SPOCK TREKKIE SCUM! jk lol the nerd war is at a truce at the moment..we are allies against the same horrific creatures...twilight fans!  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 10:03 am
[-Erik-]
Wheter they are or not, it doesn't stop the otherkin to belive they are the reincarnation of a Na'vi.

Yes. Some belive such thing. I have seen it myself, and I facepalmed with passion at that.

Did you facepalm so passionately you knocked yourself out?

Also, Na'vi sex rituals (SFW... kinda):
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/524391  

Psycho Lee

Shameless Lunatic

7,000 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Nudist Colony 200

[-Erik-]

Durem Citizen

7,700 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Generous 100
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 10:57 am
Psycho Lee
[-Erik-]

Did you facepalm so passionately you knocked yourself out?

Also, Na'vi sex rituals (SFW... kinda):
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/524391

HEY, I'VE SEEN THAT.

Yes, I also knocked myself down

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 11:03 am
AHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA
*falls over laughing*
thats a LOT of spunk jake *grins*  

stickfanatic

Fashionable Streaker

5,600 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

CyrusVillalobo

Shirtless Werewolf

5,900 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 2:35 pm
jajajajaja omg jajajajajaja epic lol  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 4:24 pm
Well, there's quite a bit of controversy over this movie.

I've heard it called liberal propaganda by conservatives, but I think conservatives just want to b***h about everything and make themselves look better by comparison.

I've heard it being called racist for having the Na'vi as colored people being rescued by a white person (Sully), as if the only way colored people can save themselves is if a white person is in charge.
http://remingtons.wordpress.com/2009/12/17/avatar-totally-racist-dude/
http://io9.com/5422666/when-will-white-people-stop-making-movies-like-avatar?skyline=true&s=x
http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/2578437/avatar_racist_charges_get_louder.html?cat=9

And now I've heard it compared to Pocahontas and Dances With Wolves.

Pocahontas Trailer to Avatar Audio

User Image

The liberal propaganda one stumps me the most. Why is it that anything that seems environmentalist, tree hugging, or shows trigger happy mercenaries or evil corporations liberal?

Is it just the conservatives want to b***h about something? Or is it that the movie hit close to home, and they're feeling guilty for their racist, imperialistic, and money hungry beliefs? Hmm, feeling guilty neocons? Avatar remind you of someone you know, eh?  

Psycho Lee

Shameless Lunatic

7,000 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Nudist Colony 200

Thorn apple

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 6:57 pm
Anything as popular as "Avatar" has been is going to create ripples in the culture.

People pick apart anything they get their hands on (I remember Xtians protesting "Toy Story" for alleged homosexual undertones...wtf...).

Cameron did put in some plot elements that mirror certain present and past realities...and he did it quite blatantly.

Why? Eh. But if it gets people saying that they're upset because it reminds them about, say, The Trail of Tears, then one has to wonder...

See...if people forget about things like that, it makes it so much easier for them to happen again.

Personally, I'll be glad to see the dialogue if people can pull their heads out of their behinds.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:05 pm
Selene Aries
Actually, the terrans were the aliens in this movie.

Damn Sky People.  

Gundamu

Assimilated Wolf

CyrusVillalobo

Shirtless Werewolf

5,900 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:14 pm
still i dont think there furs ><  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:29 pm
Promitheus Zek
still i dont think there furs ><
No offense meant, young sir, but I believe the very definition of a "fur" is an anthropomorphic animal, which the na'vi most certaintly are.

They are "animals" by the accepted definition of the word, and they are "anthropomorphic" without any room for doubt.

Now, if you choose to assert different definitions for these words then you are welcome to do so but until they are accepted "Avatar" will remain as the highest budget "furry" film of all time.  

Thorn apple

Atlaas

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:33 pm
I still don't know if having an alien persona makes me a furry or not.

AND I still don't care about this movie.
Plot > Graphics.
This isn't an interesting, or new movie in any way.
It's just a pretty one.

Adult Furries Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces