Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

mew Aeris
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 5:21 pm
Small Plushie Riku
Ah I need helps too. My chosen options are- Rufus ShinRa (For Metrocon and Megacon if you must know) Squall/Leon(I have shoulder length brown hair and I'm getting it cut soon so I can get the style if I choose him, so I don't need a wig :3 so this seems the most appealing now. not to mention he's my favorite) and Cloudie!

What would you need help with?
3nodding  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 6:01 pm
For ShinRa, the wig, the wheelchair because I doubt my parents'll let me be cripple for a day without a good explanation

Leon, the sword, the everything, the clothes....TT^TT But I got the hair, the eyes, and the look, and I can easily do the scar pretty realistically. I'd also need to be taller. TT^TT

Cloud- the wig, the sword, the pants and the sash. I have a shirt from a friend's former cosplay, so I think he's a possibility. And I may want to do a real version of Zack's death because I can act great, and know the words because I watched the scene a lot of times though it made me cry.

But I definitely want to be impressive, not a stupid one that's made fun of. I want to be someone people gasp at the greatness of, because Jenn and Kelley, me IDOLS are going. . .  

HoIograph

Questionable Browser

Shinra Bump

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:59 pm
Small Plushie Riku
For ShinRa, the wig, the wheelchair because I doubt my parents'll let me be cripple for a day without a good explanation

Leon, the sword, the everything, the clothes....TT^TT But I got the hair, the eyes, and the look, and I can easily do the scar pretty realistically. I'd also need to be taller. TT^TT

Cloud- the wig, the sword, the pants and the sash. I have a shirt from a friend's former cosplay, so I think he's a possibility. And I may want to do a real version of Zack's death because I can act great, and know the words because I watched the scene a lot of times though it made me cry.

But I definitely want to be impressive, not a stupid one that's made fun of. I want to be someone people gasp at the greatness of, because Jenn and Kelley, me IDOLS are going. . .

Alright, as for the wigs, I can't help you too much. I would suggest looking up Coswox. I just ordered some wigs from them yesterday. I don't want to suggest anything though, unless I've tried it. However, Pretty much everyone on cosplay.com swears by them, and they have good prices. Once my wigs come in, I'll tell you about them! 3nodding

Shinra-As for the wheel chair, you can usually rent or borrow one from either the convention center or the hotel you're staying at. Call ahead of time and explain what you want to do to see if they'll let you, and if it'll cost you anything.

For Leon, (oh boy) you'll have to go pattern hunting. Do you know how to sew? It'll be easier if you do. If not, take someone who does sew, hopefully the person who'll make you your costume, with you to get their opinion on which patterns will and will not work. The pattern doesn’t have to be perfect, but it should have the ability to be easily modified to add the details and shape you want.

You can also attempt to go thrift-store it, but Leon will be pretty difficult to put together. sad

The sword... I honestly have no clue where to start... MDF wood maybe? You'll have to look up a tutorial for it.

Cloud- The wig, Like I said, I can't help you too much with. Mine's is a punky from coswox that Zacky Stardust bought and styled. It was out of pure luck and Zacky's amazing skills that it worked, we honestly had no clue what we were doing! I suggest commissioning someone for this.

There's a really good tutorial for the sword, but I can't find it right now. I'll get back to you on that.

The sash is simply a piece of fabric sewn onto a belt. I have to remake one actually before June-July, so I might post some pictures that will help you out.

The pants are cargo pants bought at a thrift store. If you want to be fancy, you can make your own pockets and such to attach to make them perfect.

As for the death scene... You know it's cloud wearing a first-class SOLDIER outfit, not AC Cloud, right? I mean, go on with it if you want to, but if you really want to make people cry, you'll have to be accurate and make a First-class (Zack) outfit too.

As for being impressive: Just do your best. Look at yourself critically, and think: "Will other people think I look good?" Take lots of pictures from multiple angles, and ask people to criticize it. And don't get angry if they say something you don't like. They may find something you missed! On the other hand, don’t take anything anyone says mean to heart, though. There are haters out there. If you're proud of your costume, and you spent hard work on it, you will look good. Don't half-a** anything! Little details make a costume come to life!

You said you're pretty good at acting, so take it one step further: study cutscenes with your character. Copy phrases, tone of voice, and even body movements. (That pouty/slouchy thing Zack does? The way Cloud sighs and shakes his head? How Sephiorth stands as if he’s the king of the world?)The costume is only half the battle, acting is the next!

(And always wear wigs! Squeenix characters are famous for their impossible hair!!!))  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 5:41 am
Ok, I do know about the outfits for Zack and Cloud. I have watched it like five times, though it made me cry. My co-partner Zack hasn't quite finished the game yet sadly, though she's near it and will have tissues on hand, then we can just re-play the vid or YT.

Wigs- Well, I guess I could get one. Though my hair in itself is pretty close, all I would need is a little styling because I got it cut to look like his. . .and it's naturally brown. Sadly, I guess I may suck it up and buy, though I'm on tight budget, trying to go to three cons in the next few months TT^TT

Yeah, I know how to sew. Thank GOD.

I think I may have taken ShinRa out of the running sadly. I just don't think I could pull him off. Even if I got the wheelchair, I don't think I could explain to my parents why . . .a kind of awkward situation. And my partner in crime says that she won't carry me. I've decided that I'll do Cloud for Megacon, and Squall for Metro. I thnk I know a few craft stores that specialize in fabric and that kind of thing, thankfully for that too. And I hate to half-a**. That looks suckish and noobish, and the costume loses it's feel.

Death scene I can do, but my friend'll cry so hard......I do pity her. It never loses it's feel, even after the fifthith time. Thanks.  

HoIograph

Questionable Browser

Black Caped Man

Striking Striker

8,275 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 12:00 pm
It's probably largely irrelevant, but I live on a Marine Corps base, so I'd be able to get ahold of all sorts of neat military gear otherwise not accessable. just PM me for examples, questions, or any orders you may want to place.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 1:12 pm
Black Caped Man
It's probably largely irrelevant, but I live on a Marine Corps base, so I'd be able to get ahold of all sorts of neat military gear otherwise not accessable. just PM me for examples, questions, or any orders you may want to place.

I may have found a new best friend!  

mew Aeris
Vice Captain

Magsnetic_Huxling

6,850 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 2:24 pm
@mew aeris
Well I may have to go with a wig because my hair is about as long as Yazoo's. I've found a good wig, I just need to convince my parents to let me buy it. My hair is kind of a dark blondish color and I thought maybe it would work if I did buy the silver hair color, but now I'm leaning towards getting the wig. Otherwise I would be Sephiroth with a haircut. LOL

@Riku
I tried to be KH1 Leon actually. It took forever to find patterns. But he has the Rinoa wing design on the back that are red along with the Lion symbol on his left shoulder. I was lucky to find a template of the wings on google somewhere but forgot how. I'm pretty sure I typed in Rinoa's wings to look for the template.
I couldn't find a good enough one for Leon's Lion symbol on the shoulder so I took the best one I could find and traced it. Basic sewing will help a bit here.

@Shinra Bump
LOL I'm going to go all-out Sephiroth acting here though. My phone can play music (really loud I might add) I'm going to get One Winged Angel playing on it and make an entrance that way. ^^ I'm a pretty good actor as well (4 years of theatre arts)
I'm positive that a Cloud will be at this so...I think it would be funny to try to recreate any scenes and such or at least poke him with Masamune. LOL. And one of my friends will cosplay as Sora so...I can go KH with that one.

@Black Caped Man
Nice! Sounds like you have the best sources than anyone here.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 2:38 pm
Buster Sword Tutorial  

mew Aeris
Vice Captain

HoIograph

Questionable Browser

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:34 pm
I am forever in your debt.....  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 7:08 pm
Haha, it's cool. Just make sure it's scaled to your size, you don't want too big of a Buster!  

mew Aeris
Vice Captain

Cosplays! (Tips, pictures, WIPs)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas