wambat182

noushuddup

Shameless Lunatic

10,375 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 10:37 am

It doesn't matter what race they are. It's still revolting. How could anyone teach children to dance like that? There is no excuse for that. Either this is a case of horrible parenting, or that teacher is getting slapped. Or maybe the parents need to be slapped for letting schools teach their kids that. Either way that's so not ok.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 6:58 am
(sorry for the long post)aight nymphoseed and dee the poet i undestand where u both are coming from but i think dee you didnt explain it enough and nympho you are a little confused. yes they are brown, dark brown or black just like african americans but that doesnt mean you should call them that because of what they look like. if you do then your just gonna confuse people, when i read what people where saying i thought i was gonna see black people(african americans) not dark hispanics(even though i couldnt watch the video cause it was banned) but you not being politically correct about it and thats what it mostly comes down to. im an african american and i live in an area where there are spanish people blacker then me but before i call them my brother cause he looks black or my n***a cause he looks black i look and listen to what he really is and say to myself he isnt a black person he is spanish person a really dark spanish person. what im saying is whether you want to or not be poltically corect before you use your theory to say what a person is because your going to a push the wrong button just like dee said before  

skyewalker

2,800 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200

Nymphoseed

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 5:18 pm
To be honest man I don't really pay much attention to whether or not they want to be considered black. Black isn't an ethnic or cultural name. It's a general term given to describe a certain race of people. Whether they be African American, North African, African Brazilian or African Cuban. Race is very real, but that doesn't mean it's a bad thing. Skin color isn't a deciding factor in this. Mike Bibby is considered part of the African American community even though he is about light as they come. There are certain facial features and physical traits that all races have in common. You can't tell me those people aren't at least partly black. Looking back on it however, I should have said both the black and Latino community at the start as this s**t is prevalent in both communities. But in this case, trust me, even in their own country they'd either be considered black Latino or mixed Latino. Not mestizo or white Mexican. Mexican or Cuban or Brazilian isn't a race.. It'd be like African Americans going, "I'm not black! I'm American!"  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 12:32 am
Nymphoseed
To be honest man I don't really pay much attention to whether or not they want to be considered black. Black isn't an ethnic or cultural name. It's a general term given to describe a certain race of people. Whether they be African American, North African, African Brazilian or African Cuban. Race is very real, but that doesn't mean it's a bad thing. Skin color isn't a deciding factor in this. Mike Bibby is considered part of the African American community even though he is about light as they come. There are certain facial features and physical traits that all races have in common. You can't tell me those people aren't at least partly black. Looking back on it however, I should have said both the black and Latino community at the start as this s**t is prevalent in both communities. But in this case, trust me, even in their own country they'd either be considered black Latino or mixed Latino. Not mestizo or white Mexican. Mexican or Cuban or Brazilian isn't a race.. It'd be like African Americans going, "I'm not black! I'm American!"

Okay. Both Dee and skyewalker said this. We get it. Lmfao.  

Hal Mob City

Nymphoseed

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 1:44 am
iHallucinate
Nymphoseed

Yeah, except no they didn't?  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 10:40 am
Nymphoseed
iHallucinate
Nymphoseed

Yeah, except no they didn't?

They did. I did. Its a very simple concept. All this stuff you're saying is tedious and unnecessary. It shouldn't take that much detail if you want to prove a point though.
It should be concise: Black is a race. It may be called "black" but its not based on skin color; it is based on origin. Where a person lives now does not influence such race and unless you have heard evidence to believe one is black, you have limited grounds to think so based on appearance. Certain facial features or traits may be held in common, but there are always abnormalities and you cannot be sure.

Happy?  

Hal Mob City

Nymphoseed

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 12:11 pm
No, they didn't. I wouldn't have wasted my time writing something so "tedious and unnecessary" twice if they had.

And to be honest I personally don't know why you or anyone would want to hold back on using any detail when proving a point but to each his own I guess. I'll try to make this a bit shorter for you.

For as simple as you claim my point it to be , you're missing what I and they are saying by a mile. They've both said that I'm wrong for calling them black because they speak Spanish, despite being dark, skin color is not the sole decider of race, they may be dark like blacks but they aren't blacks. And If some one was trying to say that, then I would totally agree with them.

But when you have guys like Anderson Silva or Sammy Sosa running around. I don't care if they are speaking Spanish or Swahili it's not hard to tell where at least part of their ancestry comes from. (Again, look at the Dominican republic.) And I don't know what facial features or abnormalities you're talking about but 8/10 times it's not hard to spot black ancestry in foreign mixed people or foreign blacks and even when there are abnormalities it's still not exactly hard.

User Image

All this political correctness is nice but it's getting about as tedious and unnecessary as you believe my posts to be.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 12:38 pm
Nymphoseed
No, they didn't. I wouldn't have wasted my time writing something so "tedious and unnecessary" twice if they had.

And to be honest I personally don't know why you or anyone would want to hold back on using any detail when proving a point but to each his own I guess. I'll try to make this a bit shorter for you.

For as simple as you claim my point it to be , you're missing what I and they are saying by a mile. They've both said that I'm wrong for calling them black because they speak Spanish, despite being dark, skin color is not the sole decider of race, they may be dark like blacks but they aren't blacks. And If some one was trying to say that, then I would totally agree with them.

But when you have guys like Anderson Silva or Sammy Sosa running around. I don't care if they are speaking Spanish or Swahili it's not hard to tell where at least part of their ancestry comes from. (Again, look at the Dominican republic.) And I don't know what facial features or abnormalities you're talking about but 8/10 times it's not hard to spot black ancestry in foreign mixed people or foreign blacks and even when there are abnormalities it's still not exactly hard.

User Image

All this political correctness is nice but it's getting about as tedious and unnecessary as you believe my posts to be.

Jeez. I don't bother to read it. Lmao. Anyways, why does it matter? You made a very rude post anyways. Lol.  

Hal Mob City

Gouki Zusaki
Crew

7,400 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Invisibility 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 12:46 pm
This whole topic is stupid, rude, and ignorant.

We are all humans, our features are based off of what your parents and relatives look like, not what race or ethnicity you are.

Calling Dominicans or Ricans black or any variation of the world is just retarded.

We Dominicans are Latins that have a mix of Native American AND African Descent, as well as some European.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 12:48 pm
Not surprising,bro . And it matters because while the video was available it showed kids around the age of 5-8 doing very very very lude sexual dances for party birthday party prizes while the family recorded it. s**t was pretty disgusting to watch it's also pretty common.

Also, gouki, where the hell do you think your parents got their features from? Of course they come from race. Any other answer is just disingenuous. I never called all Ricans Brazilians or even Dominicans for that matter black. Read back to what I said if you have to. But it's pretty obvious that the people in the vid I posted were black. And despite us all being people and all that good s**t, certain ethnic groups and have their own cultural problems. Like what I posted in this vid. Idk why people don't want to acknowledge that. That's what's REALLY stupid and ignorant about this topic.  

Nymphoseed

Gouki Zusaki
Crew

7,400 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Invisibility 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 1:11 pm
Nymphoseed
Not surprising,bro . And it matters because while the video was available it showed kids around the age of 5-8 doing very very very lude sexual dances for party birthday party prizes while the family recorded it. s**t was pretty disgusting to watch it's also pretty common.

Also, gouki, where the hell do you think your parents got their features from? Of course they come from race. Any other answer is just disingenuous. I never called all Ricans Brazilians or even Dominicans for that matter black. Read back to what I said if you have to. But it's pretty obvious that the people in the vid I posted were black. And despite us all being people and all that good s**t, certain ethnic groups and have their own cultural problems. Like what I posted in this vid. Idk why people don't want to acknowledge that. That's what's REALLY stupid and ignorant about this topic.
I stopped reading when you said you were sure my parents got their race.

Wow... just wow.. lol  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 1:17 pm
They are of african decent. So therefore they can be considered black or latino.
It doesn't matter. You would never know until they talk anyways.  

x-MangoIceeT

5,000 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Generous 100
General Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items