Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

crule?
  yes
View Results

Ilassa

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 10:22 am
you have only seen part of animal testing a lot of experiments are just making animals suffer to find out how every part of them works exactly  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 10:33 am
Ilassa
you have only seen part of animal testing a lot of experiments are just making animals suffer to find out how every part of them works exactly

And what part have I seen exactly? The happy cuddly side? There is no such thing as a happy cuddly side to science, but like I said before, the animals used in test labs are anatomically and genetically similar to humans therefore they are the only animals that can be tested, and the purpose of finding out how every part of an animal works is to find out how every part of a human works without actually subjecting a human being to testing.
AND what is the purpose of finding out how every part of an animal works when I explained before, they work in the same methods a Human does

Ascher

Scientists already know exactly how animals tick, and it is the exact same reasons humans live too. A beating heart. Lungs to take in oxygen, liver for blood cleaning, a digestive and waste system, kidneys, spine, CNS, DNA, RNA, Gabba, dopamine, various Neurotransmitters, are ALL present in animals as they are in a human.

This has been found out already, it is scientific fact.

I would much rather have a drug tested on a single rat to test its side effects than have that drug go directly to human testing without knowledge of how it would effect the biochemistry of the body/brain, and that is why animals are used, because of the genetic linkages, and so humans don't have to be  

Ascher

x..Deadly Whispers..x

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 11:39 am
omg, i never knew that they actually did this stuff on farms. I had watched this one video similar to this one but there were fur animals and they were being skinned alive, i believe that humans don't treat animals with respect, but i never knew that it was this bad. Thank you for opening my eyes.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 11:53 am
FrggysBabyGrl
omg, i never knew that they actually did this stuff on farms. I had watched this one video similar to this one but there were fur animals and they were being skinned alive, i believe that humans don't treat animals with respect, but i never knew that it was this bad. Thank you for opening my eyes.

You have to consider... it's a PETA video... They're only going to show the worst aspects. Although I have to admit what I saw in the video is grimly true, not ALL farms are like this

I was in Puerto Rico, living and working on a farm in the mountains, My great uncle treated all his animals with respect and love, brushing the cows daily, making sure the chickens didn't earn the darwin award by leaping off of the cliffs that were everywhere, giving them plenty of feed.
When he did kill any of his animals, it was to feed his family.  

Ascher

evilsnail

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 12:46 pm
Danthalas
Typically i tend to place more value on animals than humans...

3nodding as do I people are just stupied  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 12:55 pm
evilsnail
Danthalas

Yes yes, humanity is stupid, but you also have to consider the Lemming, which as a race, habitually leaps off of cliffs... Why they do it... no one knows...

But I still disagree with anyone who values an animal life over a human being's life  

Ascher

[ D i z z y ]

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 1:30 pm
I'm Vegetarian, have been since the summer. Since I owned a rabbit, I've turned all soft and realised how much crap there is between me and my food. I mean, I wouldn't mind eating meat so much if I knew where it came from. In today's world, everything in meat is crammed with hormones and anti-biotics. Cows and chickens are stuffed in tight cages, barely able to move. They get killed, chopped up, and then the meat gets handled by a dozen machines and people's hands before landing on my plate.

And you wonder why people are dying from cancer? I mean, vegetables are no better nowadays too, with all that pesticide. Heck, we can't even breathe without taking pollution into our lungs. stare If I at least knew that my chicken was coming from a local traditional family farm, I wouldn't feel so bad eating it.

And I find PETA to be extremists... I mean, save the animals, but don't wave around chicken-corpses in front of a building at a petition. That's not cool.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 2:44 pm
And that's why I eat organic as much as possible. In fact, I'm thinking of going vegetarian.

Dearest Darling`

BlairyFairy

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 6:51 pm
I'm guessing knowone listened, if you buy kosher meat you will know for a fact that the animals didn't suffer.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 7:53 pm
Ascher
evilsnail
Danthalas

Yes yes, humanity is stupid, but you also have to consider the Lemming, which as a race, habitually leaps off of cliffs... Why they do it... no one knows...

But I still disagree with anyone who values an animal life over a human being's life

Well then, i'd love to see you kick my cat sometime. Any bets on how far you'd make it? To me, cats are a religious thing... try telling a Khemetic you value human life over a cat. People are blockheaded and ignorant, they dont care how an animal feels and often believe that just because they dont say anything means they cant feel anything. The world isnt pretty folks, that much is true, but it doesnt mean we have to dehumanize animals. In the military i dehumanized people, but atleast i had a reason and i wasnt CRUEL about my methods, i just did my job. Personally i dont believe in killing in general, but i do know there are exceptions but dont get me started on that.  

Danthalas

Danthalas

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 7:54 pm
Pieces_of_my_heart
I'm guessing knowone listened, if you buy kosher meat you will know for a fact that the animals didn't suffer.

I heard you, and thanks for the tip.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 9:35 pm
Danthalas
Ascher
evilsnail
Danthalas

Well then, i'd love to see you kick my cat sometime. Any bets on how far you'd make it? To me, cats are a religious thing... try telling a Khemetic you value human life over a cat. People are blockheaded and ignorant, they dont care how an animal feels and often believe that just because they dont say anything means they cant feel anything. The world isnt pretty folks, that much is true, but it doesnt mean we have to dehumanize animals. In the military i dehumanized people, but atleast i had a reason and i wasnt CRUEL about my methods, i just did my job. Personally i dont believe in killing in general, but i do know there are exceptions but dont get me started on that.

... Kick your cat? Why would I want to go and do a thing like that? I love cats.
And please clarify for me what a Khemetic is, I honestly do not know, and would like to learn before I say anything further on the subject.
My point that I was trying to get across however is that in my opinion, which I am perfectly entitled to, is that when lives hang in the balance a human should hold preference. Again to clarify my own standpoint: regardless of what I say I still feel that animals are living breathing creatures, do not condone cruelty of animals, I have heard dogs whimper from abuse, I have seen first hand a man punching his pregant dog on the street. That I do NOT condone. If I do eat meat products I would prefer to hear that the animal that provided they died painlessly but thats not always the case as food labels can be so ambiguous these days. As per the use of the term dehumanize for an animal I feel is a bit strong. Dehumanize would generally mean reducing a human's morale to the point where they feel they are on the level of an animal, so what effect would dehumanizing an animal have on an animal?
Anyway I'm going to retire for the night... I just finished my final thesis for my Africana and Puerto Rican studies class and I am beat tired, I would like to continue on this further however in the near future, I bid you a good night.  

Ascher

winnter_spirals

Friendly Shapeshifter

12,550 Points
  • SpoOOokie Cookie Camp Trickster 100
  • SpoOOokie Cookie Camp Haunter 250
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 10:43 pm
Ascher
Ilassa
Ascher most animal testing isnt about medicines OR cosmetics its about sticking needles into animals just to see how they tick

Actually that is quite untrue
We already know how animals tick due to a process called dissection. Plus I'm in a psychology and a chemistry class, and its been found that rats are actually around 90% of genetic similarity to humans believe it or not, and of course apes and primates being 98% genetically similar. Thus When a medicine is being tested it is presumed to have the same effect on a test animal as it would on a human, and animals are used as a first measure that way should there be a problem with the drug, only a lab rat will be effected rather than a human. And you have to consider that medicinal testing comes in stages, right after a drug has been deemed safe for animal use the next stage is HUMAN testing. Need our scientists stick needles in humans to learn how they tick? no Because Da Vinci found that out for us when he began to perform illegal autopsies.

Scientists already know exactly how animals tick, and it is the exact same reasons humans live too. A beating heart. Lungs to take in oxygen, liver for blood cleaning, a digestive and waste system, kidneys, spine, CNS, DNA, RNA, Gabba, dopamine, various Neurotransmitters, are ALL present in animals as they are in a human.

*takes a bow* Thank you

animal crultey is still worng, i don't care if they are testing for the good of mankind. we can test things on ourselves! why not get a group of humans together and test them? i can assure you that the human group would (even though tested on) would be treated better than the rat group, or primate group.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 11:32 pm
overcastic
Ascher
Ilassa
Ascher most animal testing isnt about medicines OR cosmetics its about sticking needles into animals just to see how they tick

Actually that is quite untrue
We already know how animals tick due to a process called dissection. Plus I'm in a psychology and a chemistry class, and its been found that rats are actually around 90% of genetic similarity to humans believe it or not, and of course apes and primates being 98% genetically similar. Thus When a medicine is being tested it is presumed to have the same effect on a test animal as it would on a human, and animals are used as a first measure that way should there be a problem with the drug, only a lab rat will be effected rather than a human. And you have to consider that medicinal testing comes in stages, right after a drug has been deemed safe for animal use the next stage is HUMAN testing. Need our scientists stick needles in humans to learn how they tick? no Because Da Vinci found that out for us when he began to perform illegal autopsies.

*takes a bow* Thank you

animal crultey is still worng, i don't care if they are testing for the good of mankind. we can test things on ourselves! why not get a group of humans together and test them? i can assure you that the human group would (even though tested on) would be treated better than the rat group, or primate group.

I am going to pose you two questions before I return to my slumber...
1- From your point of view: Is cruelty to humans not as bad as cruelty to animals? Is a mass genocide in a small uknown country somewhere not as deplorable as killing one rat to save a human life?
and
2- You name for me one person who would willingly volunteer to test a drug that has never been tested before, where even the scientists who made it don't even know the side effects. Would you be willing to be one of those human first generation test subjects?

The whole point in testing on animals is for human safety.  

Ascher

BlairyFairy

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 8:54 am
Danthalas
Pieces_of_my_heart

I heard you, and thanks for the tip.
Thank you, at least someone payed attention.  
Multimedia

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff