Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gamers Promised Land, Gaia's Best Gaming and Pop Culture

Back to Guilds

Gaia's best guild for discussions and contests about Video Games, Pop Culture, general geek stuff, and any kind of discussion! 

Tags: Video Games, Pop culture, chatting, Internet, tournaments 

Reply Nintendo Gaming
Tatsunoko Versus Capcom: Ultimate All-Stars Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

nitnit
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:09 pm
Your Twin Irish Brother - Can you cite specifically which reviewers were calling TvC more balanced than SF4? Because they clearly haven't really played the game on a level that's very high since TvC has infinites, which are always very unbalanced - one of MvC2's biggest problems. (At least the Japanese version has them)  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 10:43 am
TvC has Giant robots that can rape the only thing that is balanced is that it's them or two characters, then again SvC series had a system like that.  

Kunx the Mighty
Crew

nitnit
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:56 pm
Yeah, MvC was by no means balanced, but when people are calling TvC more balanced than SF4, I wonder if the reviewer knows wtf they're talking about, or if there is such a review at all.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:45 pm
nitnit
Your Twin Irish Brother - Can you cite specifically which reviewers were calling TvC more balanced than SF4? Because they clearly haven't really played the game on a level that's very high since TvC has infinites, which are always very unbalanced - one of MvC2's biggest problems. (At least the Japanese version has them)

Why don't you read them and find out. Just look for the most popular review sites. Your sure to find a few PS360 fanboys who actually like this game better than SF4. Also. Tatsunoko Vs. Capcom: Ultimate All Stars fixed balancing issues and removed all the infinites from Cross Generation Of Heroes. And there are still no infinites yet.

Kunx the Mighty
TvC has Giant robots that can rape the only thing that is balanced is that it's them or two characters, then again SvC series had a system like that.

Giants are easy to beat with no matter how pro the player is that is using them. You just have to know the right teams or strategies to beat them. And gain ts are also considered to be the lowest tier and worst characters in UAS.  

Your Irish Twin Brother

Dangerous Lunatic

8,650 Points
  • Rebuilder 100
  • Junior Trader 100
  • First step to fame 200

nitnit
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:53 pm
Thanks for pointing me to the specific reviews. Oh wait.

The only unbalanced thing in SF4 is sagat, and SSF4 will probably fix this. Even Sagat isn't that great, Daigo and other top players dominate without him.

Also there are tons of youtube videos of TvC infinites and massive combos, either these are all not really infinites/giant combos, or you're uninformed.

Just to reiterate, the only point I'm making is that it is extremely unlikely that TvC is more balanced than SF4, and that most reviewers don't play fighting games on anything even relatively high level.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 3:38 pm
nitnit

The only unbalanced thing in SF4 is sagat, and SSF4 will probably fix this. Even Sagat isn't that great, Daigo and other top players dominate without him.

Also there are tons of youtube videos of TvC infinites and massive combos, either these are all not really infinites/giant combos, or you're uninformed.

Just to reiterate, the only point I'm making is that it is extremely unlikely that TvC is more balanced than SF4, and that most reviewers don't play fighting games on anything even relatively high level.

Those are videos of Cross Generation Of Heroes, the previous version available only to the Japanese and Importers.  

Your Irish Twin Brother

Dangerous Lunatic

8,650 Points
  • Rebuilder 100
  • Junior Trader 100
  • First step to fame 200

Kunx the Mighty
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 3:47 pm
Your Irish Twin Brother
nitnit

Those are videos of Cross Generation Of Heroes, the previous version available only to the Japanese and Importers.

You are still avoiding the review question though. SF4 is more balanced than TvC. Every Vs Series game is horrible unbalanced. Giant Robots used by pros can kill you faster than you can kill them.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 5:02 pm
I would find the three reviews if I had the time, but I have a guild to run right now.  

Your Irish Twin Brother

Dangerous Lunatic

8,650 Points
  • Rebuilder 100
  • Junior Trader 100
  • First step to fame 200

Kunx the Mighty
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 10:35 pm
Your Irish Twin Brother
I would find the three reviews if I had the time, but I have a human trafficking service to run right now.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 10:56 pm
Your Irish Twin Brother
I would find the three reviews if I had the time, but I have a guild to run right now.

Unless you're running a complex game style guild, or you're an overbearing nazi, running a guild on gaia isn't something that's very time consuming.  

nitnit
Captain

Jonnnn

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 7:59 am
nitnit
Your Irish Twin Brother

Unless you're running a complex game style guild, or you're an overbearing nazi, running a guild on gaia isn't something that's very time consuming.

Says you. I spend 19/24 hours working on guild stuff and I'm only crew.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:51 am
Nit, even if Ultimate All-Stars had infinites, there's the Mega Crash technique that instantly disrupts the opponent, even during a combo. Really, if you can pay for it, and you should always keep reserve hyper energy for it, you can't really be infinite'd unless you honestly suck at the game. If anything, at least rent it and give it an honest judging.  

Crimson Hagane

5,200 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Beta Explorer 0

Kunx the Mighty
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:57 am
Omega Knight X
Nit, even if Ultimate All-Stars had infinites, there's the Mega Crash technique that instantly disrupts the opponent, even during a combo. Really, if you can pay for it, and you should always keep reserve hyper energy for it, you can't really be infinite'd unless you honestly suck at the game. If anything, at least rent it and give it an honest judging.

That costs 2 bars and some life also all of your red life.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:17 am
Kunx the Mighty
Omega Knight X

Some life is better than losing half of your whole bar to a long combo, right?

And from my playing, only Baroque costs red life.  

Crimson Hagane

5,200 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Beta Explorer 0

Kunx the Mighty
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:31 pm
Omega Knight X
Kunx the Mighty
Omega Knight X

Some life is better than losing half of your whole bar to a long combo, right?

And from my playing, only Baroque costs red life.
Just do a combo baroque into the same combo then super chain.  
Nintendo Gaming

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff