Crew

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:16 am
azn_knight367
Akatsuki Vash
Swat Team Leader
Akatsuki Vash
Melusinia
LOTS OF WRITING!
Hmongland is the best name so far, in my opinion.. Although it does sound like a theme park. o_o''

I've always imagined what our own country would be like.. =)
The climate should be a lot like China's. I know the elders prefer the warmth of Thailand and Laos.. But I'll miss the snow!! D'8
There should be mountains here and there, too. *_*

The government should be democratic.. Our first president? Mee Moua. LOL.

Our main writing system: The Roman letters
I just don't like the one based on Thai and Chinese letters (what's it called?). The Roman letters are easier to read and understand. Well, at least that's what I've experienced. Many of our elders have adjusted to the roman system anyway..

Since many Hmong, including myself, can barely write our own language.. (C'mon, if I told you to write a full letter to your grandfather or something, IN HMONG, would you be able to do it?) I think our schooling should be similar to Japan's. Right down to the cram studying schools. Japan makes sure 99% of its population is literate. If 99% of Hmong could speak their own language, maybe other people will take us more seriously.

Of course, the official language should be Hmong! It's not the most complex language, and it doesn't even have a word for 'Science' (does it?) but I still believe it is important for the language to be preserved and for our top officials to speak it fluently.

The television shows aired in Hmongland(o.O) should also have a lot of hmong subtitles for children and students to read. I notice that on the Naruto opening and ending scenes, there's always a roman version of the Japanese language, as well as the traditional kanji.

The arts and literature are very important as well. =) Support Hmong writers and artists!

..Having a country isn't easy though. How will we be independent? What will we survive on? How will we keep our economy going? Deforestation and farming shouldn't be the only answer.

I think there's a lot of things I want in a country--Not just a Hmong country, but any country I live in. I want justice, intelligence, culture, and stability. Most of all, I want the people living there to be united. I mean, yeah, there will be issues that we won't agree on. It's understandable because we're all human. But.. I guess what I mean is 'Hmong have to love Hmong.' We don't love each other, and frankly, we haven't learned to love ourselves. Some of us carry too much pride and become ignorant people and bigots, some look at the Hmong community and say 'I'm fine with the way my community is. There's no need to change.', and some don't even acknowledge being Hmong.

There are so many internal problems.. And not enough solutions.

The main questions are.. Are we ready for a Hmong country?

and..

Do we need one?

Told you guys that HmongLand was a good name
But I personally think we don't need a country and we aren't ready for one either
My hmong history sucks btw~
But what would we do with a country so weak?
You can't just make a country out of nowhere
You need alot of things to make one
And who is going to give up land for a race of people that not many people know of?

I don't think we need a powerful nation and a lot of land, look at Vatican City, it's the smallest country in the world, it's only 2 miles wide, so i think the Lao ppl will at least give us some land in the mountains, and i think we should use the same method as Japan does with the school system, and one more thing, who will be king????

Psh
Screw kings
What we need is a Queen!
Kings are guys and guys let all the power go to their head

There are no kings/queens in a democratic system XP

Democratic Monarchy
its what Britian is  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:25 am
Akatsuki Vash
azn_knight367
Akatsuki Vash
Swat Team Leader
Akatsuki Vash
Melusinia
LOTS OF WRITING!
Hmongland is the best name so far, in my opinion.. Although it does sound like a theme park. o_o''

I've always imagined what our own country would be like.. =)
The climate should be a lot like China's. I know the elders prefer the warmth of Thailand and Laos.. But I'll miss the snow!! D'8
There should be mountains here and there, too. *_*

The government should be democratic.. Our first president? Mee Moua. LOL.

Our main writing system: The Roman letters
I just don't like the one based on Thai and Chinese letters (what's it called?). The Roman letters are easier to read and understand. Well, at least that's what I've experienced. Many of our elders have adjusted to the roman system anyway..

Since many Hmong, including myself, can barely write our own language.. (C'mon, if I told you to write a full letter to your grandfather or something, IN HMONG, would you be able to do it?) I think our schooling should be similar to Japan's. Right down to the cram studying schools. Japan makes sure 99% of its population is literate. If 99% of Hmong could speak their own language, maybe other people will take us more seriously.

Of course, the official language should be Hmong! It's not the most complex language, and it doesn't even have a word for 'Science' (does it?) but I still believe it is important for the language to be preserved and for our top officials to speak it fluently.

The television shows aired in Hmongland(o.O) should also have a lot of hmong subtitles for children and students to read. I notice that on the Naruto opening and ending scenes, there's always a roman version of the Japanese language, as well as the traditional kanji.

The arts and literature are very important as well. =) Support Hmong writers and artists!

..Having a country isn't easy though. How will we be independent? What will we survive on? How will we keep our economy going? Deforestation and farming shouldn't be the only answer.

I think there's a lot of things I want in a country--Not just a Hmong country, but any country I live in. I want justice, intelligence, culture, and stability. Most of all, I want the people living there to be united. I mean, yeah, there will be issues that we won't agree on. It's understandable because we're all human. But.. I guess what I mean is 'Hmong have to love Hmong.' We don't love each other, and frankly, we haven't learned to love ourselves. Some of us carry too much pride and become ignorant people and bigots, some look at the Hmong community and say 'I'm fine with the way my community is. There's no need to change.', and some don't even acknowledge being Hmong.

There are so many internal problems.. And not enough solutions.

The main questions are.. Are we ready for a Hmong country?

and..

Do we need one?

Told you guys that HmongLand was a good name
But I personally think we don't need a country and we aren't ready for one either
My hmong history sucks btw~
But what would we do with a country so weak?
You can't just make a country out of nowhere
You need alot of things to make one
And who is going to give up land for a race of people that not many people know of?

I don't think we need a powerful nation and a lot of land, look at Vatican City, it's the smallest country in the world, it's only 2 miles wide, so i think the Lao ppl will at least give us some land in the mountains, and i think we should use the same method as Japan does with the school system, and one more thing, who will be king????

Psh
Screw kings
What we need is a Queen!

Democratic Monarchy
its what Britian is

True that, Britain is Democratic Monarchy, we should do the same thing.  

Swat Team Leader

Lonely Lover

9,100 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100

Rintoo_97

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:42 am
Swat Team Leader
Akatsuki Vash
azn_knight367
Akatsuki Vash
Swat Team Leader

Psh
Screw kings
What we need is a Queen!

Democratic Monarchy
its what Britian is

I call being King!
....errrr...
....Queen!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:22 pm
Rintoo_97
Swat Team Leader
Akatsuki Vash
azn_knight367
Akatsuki Vash
Swat Team Leader

Psh
Screw kings
What we need is a Queen!

Democratic Monarchy
its what Britian is

I call being King!
....errrr...
....Queen!

Nah, forget about kings, we need a queen, the men will just abuse their power.  

Swat Team Leader

Lonely Lover

9,100 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100

Akatsuki Vash
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 3:09 pm
Psh
Is everything i say being copied? I should copy right these stuff...lol  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 3:47 pm
Sheesh.
You guys are getting so Serious.
Why so serious?
Hehe.

Besides. I drew Hmongland with mini Mongmongs already.
Now if only my scanner would work...
D:  

AutumnsRain
Crew

7,400 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50

Swat Team Leader

Lonely Lover

9,100 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 4:21 pm
Akatsuki Vash
Psh
Is everything i say being copied? I should copy right these stuff...lol

Lol, well your idea is awesome, everyone knows men abuse their power and make us work to death like America is doing to us right now, that's why United Kingdom has a queen.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 4:37 pm
That's why the United Kingdom is falling apart... Hundreds or maybe Thousands of people are rioting and going on strike because they are losing jobs and becoming poorer with each week. Although the United States is not as worse as them... We are still falling apart... =.=  

Akari Kyuto

Swat Team Leader

Lonely Lover

9,100 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 4:47 pm
I got an idea, lets be like France, France is a good nation and no riots, and the chicks there are hot, and they have good food, French fries are awesome, oh yeah, the French king got his head cut off(i wonder why).  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 4:55 pm
Nah. We should be more like the Asians... There alot more richer than us and are smarter.  

Akari Kyuto

Swat Team Leader

Lonely Lover

9,100 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 4:58 pm
Akari Kyuto
Nah. We should be more like the Asians... There alot more richer than us and are smarter.

Not all asians are smart, look at me, i have D's in all my classes, i am just lazy but i know a lot, and i don't even bother to go to collage, I'm just going to join the military to pay for everything(i think imma die before i get paid).  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:23 pm
Haha
Why don't we create an island in the middle of nowhere
And be like hawaii?
Have alot of tourism to make money  

Akatsuki Vash
Crew

Swat Team Leader

Lonely Lover

9,100 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:25 pm
Akatsuki Vash
Haha
And be like hawaii?

Lol, think of something else, you know there is over 5 million(or more) Hmong ppl in the world, we need a big island to do so.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:06 pm
Swat Team Leader
Akatsuki Vash
Haha
And be like hawaii?

Lol, think of something else, you know there is over 5 million(or more) Hmong ppl in the world, we need a big island to do so.

Well they don't all have to know about it....  

Akatsuki Vash
Crew

Swat Team Leader

Lonely Lover

9,100 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 3:59 am
Akatsuki Vash
Swat Team Leader
Akatsuki Vash
Haha
And be like hawaii?

Well they don't all have to know about it....

Lol, but what should the island be called?  
Nyob zoo! Hmong People Unite! Have fun! ^_^

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff