Welcome to Gaia! ::

Random Gaian Charity: Hiatus =(

Back to Guilds

A really awesome chairty that helps people questing. 

Tags: Charity 

Reply Recycle Bin
Easter Event Planning Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sakura_Madison
Crew

Blessed Nerd

22,225 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Romantic Fortune Seeker 100
PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:07 pm
Lise Illumincroix
XP Has never heard of SAI until Aerobe and immy mentioned it.

About the hiding eggs with prizes in the posts, one of the other guilds I'm in did something like that for presents.

Basically, when the threads for the event got longer, one of the mods put small gift images in random posts. The difference btween the Sakura's scavenger hunt and this is that if you are the first to find the gift, you get a prize. The gift image is clickable and will open up a link which will tell you what prize you got.

In order to get the gift, you must be the first to post the link to the post and the prize listed in the "Claim gift" thread, and it can't be repeated by someone else.

But, I do not have the time to create one for each day. Plus, you have to give out a mini prize instead of a bigger prize.

For me, it is easy to do it the way I have it.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:19 pm
Sakura_Madison
Immortal Nobody
I have a cracked version. >.>;;

It is not really expensive to buy. Probably the cheapest program you can buy for 50 bucks.
I know. But I have no money. So until I do I must rely on cracked programs.  

Immortal Nobody
Vice Captain

Aerobe
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:41 pm
MissMissie
Or maybe something.. like hide a word using white color posts.

As a word-hunt?

Like...

Rules:
1-rule one.
2-rule two.
etc.

wahmbulance egg<<<---example

About contest:
blah..instructions...

Links and such:
so-n-so

all centered.. yet say on the left/right top bottom or middle you say in white "egg" so they'd have to highlight and READ it all to try ^^

Or, furthermore say for the secret word.. has to be posted a certain way when found IN he instruction..they had to read.

Like, bold, but hotpink color. Or what have you.

retken
u should posy hidden eggs on pages 1s with specific gold prices...and could i have any gold plzz im trying to get an sdplus blind box.....i need 300k

NaomieKeiko
Edible Egg Art: Make use of those too numerous colored eggs! Easter themed pictures of what you've done with your Easter Eggs- be they plastic, boiled, or scrambled.

Hanchi-Chan
This idea is kinda like the scavanger hunt, but not. Post the picture of a certain egg all over the event forum (or even in the other forums) and people have to try and collect as many as possible (pm one of the mods with the post-link for each one?) within the time of the event. No clues. Whoever finds the most eggs wins...

And oh ********, I just realised that was actually a real gaia event a few years back. Fail. =w=

Hanchi-Chan
How about an actual fashion-competition with who can do the best easter-theme with their own avi? Kinda like the tektek competition, but people would have to be more imaginitive by using only what they have?

---------------------------------------

Alright.

Although MissMissie has a good idea, we can't do it. If we tell people the word and which thread they are in all they have to do is hit ctrl and f. It would take them 2 seconds to find the word. It's just too easy. We would have to fill every thread with a bunch of 'hidden' words to the point that it would either be noticeable or we would have trouble editing posts around the words.

I like retken's idea with the different prized eggs.
We could make miniature eggs/bunnies and post them everyywhere. Each color could be a different prize.

NaomieKeiko's idea is cute.
We could put up a show off your easter stuff thread. No prizes awarded though.

Hanchi-Chan's idea was similar to reken's but I like it too. So we could either use eggs/bunnies (whichever we didn't use for the other one) and post them. We could even put them on our profiles, signatures, regular posts, whatever.
With the avatar thing we could make a separate thread for that. I think we tried this once but it just failed. We would need to be a little strict on this one. Aka, no tektek's what so ever.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 1:20 pm
With retken/hanchi's idea: When I saw it I thought of having people have to match up same color bunnies with their egg(s)? Like each bunny has 3 eggs, first person to match 1 egg/bunny gets a prize and after that the two eggs left are money? It sounds a little confusing, so maybe just their original ideas would be best xD

@ Hanchi's tektek idea: I usually like these sorts of things, but I'm not entirely sure they would work in our type of guild simply because of the variety of people here. I mean some of these people don't have any CS items/EI's or haven't been here long, which limits them more than say if an oldbie or hoarder were to participate. Usually this would mean tektek's of our inv, but that can lead to srs cheating or what have you, basically it wouldn't work.  

Nainai Kagoyuchi
Crew

Shy Regular

14,650 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Overstocked 200
  • Timid 100

Immortal Nobody
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 4:15 pm
For retken's idea I think we should do the bunnies. They're the ones hiding the eggs so it would make sense they hand out the prizes.

I like Hanchi's idea of an Easter Egg hunt. No hints, just find as many eggs as you can before the end of the event. We'll hide them everywhere, in our profiles, threads around the guild, anywhere we can get away with it, and the first person to PM the game hosts gets it (like in real life, each egg can only be gotten once). The three with the most eggs (first second and third) get prizes.
...I volunteer to be the host of that one if I can get off the tektek. xd
And I bet I can find a way to code the eggs in a way that clicking them will lead you to a PM to the game hosts with a specific title in the subject bar...

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 3:47 pm
xd You guys are good.

Immy, do you really mean anywhere? O_o; Oooo, lol. Me likes...

Lise Illumincroix

Immortal Nobody
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:01 pm
Yup. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:26 pm
This is the 3rd time I'm typing this. LETS HOPE TO ******** GOD GAIA LETS THIS ONE GO THROUGH. scream

How about we do this.
We have Sakuras scavenger hunt with BIG pretty eggs and clues.

Then a egg hunt. Where there will be tons of 1 colored small eggs all over the guild and our profile. Participants can screen shot the profile eggs and send us the picture. The post ones they can get the direct link to the post and send it to us.

Noow the bunny/basket thing. (Baskets instead of eggs. xD) We'll put baskets all over the guild. The baskets will be used to 'purchase' items. The baskets will be used to get a bunny. Now there will be a few different colored bunnies. Each bunny will 'contain' a item worth something. Like the gold bunny can have a item worth 30k whereas the red bunny will have something worth 10k. The participant can choose to their save their baskets for the gold bunny or the red bunny (or any other color bunny.) The prizes for these will be random but they will know what they could possibly be getting. Like, we can say 'these items are found in the gold bunny.' Then list the items. We'll roll random generators or I'll just randomly choose what each contestant gets. That way, if they go for say 2 gold bunnies they wont get 2 of the same item.

Aerobe
Captain

Immortal Nobody
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:54 pm
Sounds good.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 4:59 am
Aerobe
This is the 3rd time I'm typing this. LETS HOPE TO ******** GOD GAIA LETS THIS ONE GO THROUGH. scream

How about we do this.
We have Sakuras scavenger hunt with BIG pretty eggs and clues.

Then a egg hunt. Where there will be tons of 1 colored small eggs all over the guild and our profile. Participants can screen shot the profile eggs and send us the picture. The post ones they can get the direct link to the post and send it to us.

Noow the bunny/basket thing. (Baskets instead of eggs. xD) We'll put baskets all over the guild. The baskets will be used to 'purchase' items. The baskets will be used to get a bunny. Now there will be a few different colored bunnies. Each bunny will 'contain' a item worth something. Like the gold bunny can have a item worth 30k whereas the red bunny will have something worth 10k. The participant can choose to their save their baskets for the gold bunny or the red bunny (or any other color bunny.) The prizes for these will be random but they will know what they could possibly be getting. Like, we can say 'these items are found in the gold bunny.' Then list the items. We'll roll random generators or I'll just randomly choose what each contestant gets. That way, if they go for say 2 gold bunnies they wont get 2 of the same item.

On the eggs, do you want me to design one egg? to find for the scavenger hunt?

Sakura_Madison
Crew

Blessed Nerd

22,225 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100

Aerobe
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 1:34 pm
If you want, you can make a pretty egg for your scavenger hunt.

I was going to just make a simple egg for the egg hunt.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 5:45 am
Aerobe
If you want, you can make a pretty egg for your scavenger hunt.

I was going to just make a simple egg for the egg hunt.

Yes, I would like to create one. biggrin

Of course, I like to use my art skills on creating.

The size will be the same, like the ones I did before.

Sakura_Madison
Crew

Blessed Nerd

22,225 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100

Aerobe
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 3:14 am
Alright Sakura.
Your threads title is going to be Find The Bunnies Eggs you can add to it if you want.
If you could set it up today that would be great. =)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 4:20 am
Some of the threads are in here because they aren't finished.
They'll be put out in a day or two.
There are also no prizes listed as I forgot to come up with some. Those too will be put out in a day or two.

Also, I've made you guys hosts of things.
I think it's basically the same at last time. Idk.

Anywho, Im off to bed.

Aerobe
Captain

Sakura_Madison
Crew

Blessed Nerd

22,225 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 3:47 pm
Aerobe
Alright Sakura.
Your threads title is going to be Find The Bunnies Eggs you can add to it if you want.
If you could set it up today that would be great. =)

No problem. I will set up as soon as possible.

I was busy yesterday helping out a friend.

Recycle Bin

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff