Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sims Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for all things Sims created by Maxis/EA. 

Tags: simulation, god games, story telling, custom, Sims 

Reply The Sims 3
[Official] Sims 3 Ambitions Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Menaceman

Tricky Hoarder

11,450 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Rebuilder 100
PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 11:42 am
More info in the latest blog: http://www.thesims3.com/ambitionsblog2

This little part caught my attention: "...the type of emergency - it can be a small fire, gnome invasion, massive inferno, earthquake, or an experiment gone catastrophically wrong..."  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:19 pm
I hope to get it, this expansion may as well will be the first expansion I own for The Sims 3. I hope no careers were rushed in designing stage because of this hurry shipping day. I've heard France is not as nice as Egypt & China  

Kecitich

Supportive Cutesmasher

13,950 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Waffles! 25
  • Gaian 50

Menaceman

Tricky Hoarder

11,450 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Rebuilder 100
PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 8:38 am
Sounds like players won't actually have to buy the game to get the tattoo system or the new neighbourhood features.
It's like what they did with basements from WA.
http://uk.pc.ign.com/articles/108/1088155p1.html  
PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 11:53 am
I'll be getting ambitions but I love the free game updates that actually include new cool stuff.  

elevator

Friendly Friend

Menaceman

Tricky Hoarder

11,450 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Rebuilder 100
PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 1:38 pm
Yet more info at Gamespot.

Servos are certainly making a return although they seem to be referred to simply as 'robots' now.

EDIT: And I can see why. Take a look at this new video.
What have they done to our beloved Servo!? I prefer him with just the one eye.  
PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 2:24 pm
And yet MORE info http://www.gamepro.com/article/previews/215160/the-sims-3-ambitions-preview/

Guess what? They are adding laundry to the game! It is also completely optional as the functions are tied to the related objects so if you don't want laundry, don't use the objects.

I wonder if that means there will actually be a reason to plan three seperate outfits for your Sims now...?  

Menaceman

Tricky Hoarder

11,450 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Rebuilder 100

Grandma Snoodle

1,550 Points
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 5:44 pm
http://simlishsims.missingstudios.com/?p=23

this site has a list of most the new stuff to come.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 8:31 am
I'm really not excited about it... =/ Just seems like there's new careers to unlock, and I don't really enjoy the career side as much as I do with actually playing aspects.

Ugh, maybe I'm just bummed because they're waiting FOREVER to get the Pets one. I miss my pets in my game SO Badly. =/

Darth Kosher

Chef Tine

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 7:27 pm
Well I just got done playing it... YAY! This is the best one yet!

The robots are lifetime rewards.. so anyone can get him.

Laundry is pretty neat add on... the maid will do it most of the time.

Tattoos are okay.. need more designs in my opinion but they covered the basics.

I haven't really gotten to the ghosts or any other professions yet.. this EP makes the game ALOT more interesting then before.

Oh yea... tons of new hair styles... only a few outfits designed for careers/professions.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 10:14 pm
I can't believe there's laundry! That's one thing that I thought they would never add!  

Spooky Wasabi Princess

Proxy Risk-Taker

14,850 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Magical Girl 50

Menaceman

Tricky Hoarder

11,450 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Rebuilder 100
PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 5:37 pm
Whoo! I finally bought a copy today! (well, yesterday going by the fact it's past midnight now)
I went for the Commemorative Edition which comes with a book about the history of the Sims, a poster, some game artwork, a little cut out and make plumbob and a code for some exclusive game items. Unfortunately I can't get the web address to work to redeem them. sad I'm gonna keep trying though.
It didn't cost me any extra either.

Now I'm just waiting for AwesomeMod to get updated...  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 8:46 pm
I got it day of, and boy, I love this expansion.

I had one sim in the Investigator career and got her up to the Private Eye level! Today...a meteor hit my LOT. Of all places...my sim family's HOME LOT. It sure freaked out the teenager inside. There's a dent in my front yard now...and my door looks effed up.

I lost my picnic table, grill and topiary...the poor dragon topiary never even had a day! crying  

imacashew

Unknown-Figure1

Aged Gaian

1,450 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 7:50 am
I plan on buying the expansion pack today. I have one question regarding the meteor strike: Are the meteors collectible after they crash into your lot?  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 7:39 pm
So... I change my mind...

I actually started reading some of the reviews, and then some of your replies to the expansion pack, and have decided that I'm going to go buy the expansion pack tomorrow. =)

I only have the Sims 3 installed. World Adventures got really old with me, and just took up space. The only thing I liked about that game was that the necter bottles looked like wine bottles.

I think Ambitions will provide more of my style. I like the edgy stuff, and I can't stand downloading custom content since 90% of that stuff doesn't work or benefit my game. I mean, seeing all of the things that you gain in that expansion, it seems worth it. =) So, I'm going for it. I'll let you all know what I think about it once I start playing it tomorrow.

Darth Kosher

imacashew

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 5:40 am
Unknown-Figure1
I plan on buying the expansion pack today. I have one question regarding the meteor strike: Are the meteors collectible after they crash into your lot?

Yeah, you can collect them, then there's some scrap metal (for scuptures) if you had some stuff where it hit (not cars).  
The Sims 3

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff