Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)
The role of the Mind in magic Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Brass Bell Doll

3,750 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:53 pm
Sashaajnin
the mind plays a huge part in magic, after all, if someone does not believe in magic, it is often harder for them to see anything that can not be explained, then someone who does believe. In alot of cases, the mind sees what the mind wants to see.

Would you feel that the inability to see magick for what it is would change it's nature?  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 7:00 pm
well,to me i have always felt that if you do not think something will happen,then its not going to. even if you hope.

like when you draw energy. if you do not believe you are really drawing energy,then you think the energy will either just not be there,or it will not be directed in the way you want it to be.

Bad Quality Serena

Brass Bell Doll

3,750 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 10:36 am
Xx_Serena-Hime_xX
well,to me i have always felt that if you do not think something will happen,then its not going to. even if you hope.

like when you draw energy. if you do not believe you are really drawing energy,then you think the energy will either just not be there,or it will not be directed in the way you want it to be.

Hmmm... This seems to contradict my personal experiences in that many things I do not think will happen do on a regular basis. Most notably unfortunate things occur that could have been prevented.

When drawing energy, I have gotten unexpected results, which would suggest that even there, what I am thinking of is not the issue as much as what I am doing is.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 2:03 pm
Brass Bell Doll
Sashaajnin
the mind plays a huge part in magic, after all, if someone does not believe in magic, it is often harder for them to see anything that can not be explained, then someone who does believe. In alot of cases, the mind sees what the mind wants to see.

Would you feel that the inability to see magick for what it is would change it's nature?

Absolutely. It's like rain. When it rains, some see it as the sky crying, a sad thing, and some see it as refreshing, a good thing. Your point of view changes the nature of something for you, whether or not it changes it for other people.  

Sashaajnin

Ritual at Dusk

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 7:07 pm
It plays a large role. The mind is an incredibly powerful tool that most people take for granted and without it we would be helpless. It is incredibly important it an array of ways that I cannot even begin to explain before my hand cramps up.  
*~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games