Welcome to Gaia! ::

Crime & Investigation Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for those interested in crime, criminology and forensic science. 

Tags: murder, criminal, forensics, serial killers, crime 

Reply Real Crime And Justice Discussion
Discussion Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Evan_or_L
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 6:20 pm
What's your opinion Darkchevelarangel (actually is it okay if I call you Tilly?)  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 6:39 pm
I'm not tilly but I do have an opinion.
Here it goes: The death penalty... isn't a bad idea. I just think they spend too much money with it, like the electric chair that consumes probably as much electricity as my AC units all summer long for one dude. And the lethal injections... Why do they sterilize the needle? I think they should just line them up and shoot them. It's the most practical thing to do.  

Criminal Innocence
Crew

Evan_or_L
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 6:45 pm
They have lasers used for, through skin labotomies. I'm getting a new idea... wink  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 6:47 pm
Lol that seems somewhat inhumane. I like it.  

Criminal Innocence
Crew

DarkChevalierAngel
Vice Captain

Versatile Businesswoman

2,850 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 6:47 pm
Yes, you may call me Tilly. The big sentence...hmmmm.....I think it is a consumer of hate I suppose. I don't care for it. People see the chair and they get happy because they know someone bad is dying. (Hopefully I make sense?) I on a personal level, REALLY strongly dislike it.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 7:07 pm
To Criminal Innocence, I'd say, if it's humane enough for a patient it is a criminal.

To Tilly, I'd understand your point. In fact, it's too expensive, people are kept in agony for years in waiting, and they are left screaming to their doom. But let me ask this. Should a person who kills someone every day be allowed to kill in prison? In max confinement with isolation, all but one person has cracked under pressure of isolation (Even Jesus, Why hath you forsaken me?). In those scenerios it's more humane to kill the man than subject prisoners to them of make them insane by themselves. I say that only Mass murderers, serial killers, and mutated rapists (mutated means adapting to more violent measures) should die.  

Evan_or_L
Captain

DarkChevalierAngel
Vice Captain

Versatile Businesswoman

2,850 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 7:12 pm
I like that....well thought out Evan_Or_L. Yes, if he's suffering sendd him 'up'. It's what I'd do..
((I have school tomorrow, goodnight!))  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 3:42 pm
Right on. I suppose we have come up with a somewhat general consensus. What should the next topic be?  

Evan_or_L
Captain

DarkChevalierAngel
Vice Captain

Versatile Businesswoman

2,850 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:20 pm
Should everyone maybe express how they would deem someone insane? ((Yeah, I like this one....))  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:52 pm
trial for insanity and competancy to stand trial. I like that.  

Evan_or_L
Captain

DarkChevalierAngel
Vice Captain

Versatile Businesswoman

2,850 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:59 pm
Well, that will work, but I meant more like: What do you think makes someone insane? Why? Is it true for all insane humans? The Qualities of Insanity, if you will!!!  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:24 pm
I believe that insanity is defined by psychosis in which a person doesn't understand that actions are under the category of evil. Schizophrenics are insane. Borderline personality is not insane, but contributes to it. There are disorders but there has to be chemical changes in the brains that cause significant hallucinations and perceptional errors.  

Evan_or_L
Captain

DarkChevalierAngel
Vice Captain

Versatile Businesswoman

2,850 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:00 pm
Facts, yay! Now I'm gonna use my heart:
Insanity to me in a sentence, is a state of mind, a beleif.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:03 pm
Hmmmm.., I'm not quite sure what you mean by that? Can you elaborate?  

Evan_or_L
Captain

DarkChevalierAngel
Vice Captain

Versatile Businesswoman

2,850 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:16 pm
Well, in the rp, I talk about psycology and science being sister elements. If you have some one who is 'insane' you want to know why. It could be because they beieve that it is okay to do it, or to say those things. It's a state of mind, because it's your belief. You cannot be swayed. Psycology deals whith understandkng WHY, science deals with understanding HOW.  
Real Crime And Justice Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff