Welcome to Gaia! ::

Twilight - The Book, by Stephenie Meyer

Back to Guilds

Reply Twilight - The Book, by Stephenie Meyer
What are some of your thoughts about the "Eclipse" trailer? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Kraken

Dapper Dabbler

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 7:58 pm
Queen-of-the-Rogue
Glitterbean
Queen-of-the-Rogue
True but neither of them do very well in public. Not to mention we actually see Bella get hyped up over Nessie and I don't think Kristin can pull that off. Even her worried voice is rather monotone and she just stares. She shouldn't have been Bella. I can see Rob slightly but I still say neither of them should have been cast.

I agree with you there. I'm so tired of seeing them win awards like "most stylish" and "best dressed" and "most good-looking" and all that. Please. Kristen usually goes out in junky shoes and clothes, and Rob also almost always looks sloppy and unkempt. The people giving these awards never would have even considered them if it weren't for Twilight, and they definitely don't deserve them.

Kristen can't pull off emotion, period. I agree, she always speaks in monotone and mostly just stares. Occasionally she'll shift her eyes around or do a lot of blinking, but that's about it. She never should have been cast.

Rob, I'm more up in the air about. Sometimes his acting looks a little forced/fake, imo, but it's hard to picture how anyone could do it differently and still have it work. Out of curiosity, do you have any actors in mind that you would like to replace Rob?

My mom says that if they had known how big Twilight was going to be Kristin probably wouldn't have gotten the role. She also says that people love Taylor so much is because he's a people person and does well in the limelight while Kristin and Rob can't. I agree they shouldn't get awards like that. My mom thinks they might have to get a new Jessica because our current one got an Oscar. I pointed out about Dakota but she said Dakota doesn't count because she had really wanted to be in New Moon and was lobbying for the role of Jane.
Anna Kendrick was only nominated this year, she didn't win~  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 8:01 pm
Good point. I think my mom forgot that and I wouldn't be surprised if she had stayed on any way because she'll get some publicity with Twilight.  

Queen-of-the-Rogue

Merry Muse

16,700 Points
  • Wintersday Bard 50
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Advent Attendee 50

The Kraken

Dapper Dabbler

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 8:13 pm
She'll probably stay with the franchise because it likely pays well for such a small part in the movie.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 8:17 pm
I'm sure it does. My walmart is giving away gifts to the first 100 people at the New Moon release party and my mom says it's going to be the mother's that get there early and they'll be shoving the teenagers out of the way while they fight over the Prizes especially if it's something to do with Taylor.  

Queen-of-the-Rogue

Merry Muse

16,700 Points
  • Wintersday Bard 50
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Advent Attendee 50

Twilight Scribe

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:33 pm
Queen-of-the-Rogue
I'm sure it does. My walmart is giving away gifts to the first 100 people at the New Moon release party and my mom says it's going to be the mother's that get there early and they'll be shoving the teenagers out of the way while they fight over the Prizes especially if it's something to do with Taylor.
There is far, far, FAR too much wrong with that mental picture...

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 2:59 pm
I really wish there was more action. Even in the movies that have already come out there is too much focus on just the love triangle or love interests. I mean i know it's a big part but they make it out like thats the ONLY point of the series. so many details gone to waste... makes me sad. And it gives people a rather incorrect idea of the book series.

and QUEEN OF THE ROGUE... you're SO right! I work at a school bus company where just about everyone is at least 10 years older than me (i'm 21) and they're obsessive, everything from key chains to t-shirts and posters. and it's almost always Taylor. even though I do find it funny that my gay room mate has a poster of taylor on his wall. lol.

And also I take a personal annoyance because people at work started saying I needed to make up my mind about what race's side I'm on... because, well I'm pale ((accented by black/ brown hair which only got a little lighter when diagnosed)) and have amber eyes (due to a pigment defficiancy) but I'm over half native american. It's really annoying. I mean I'm at work with 30yr olds! and I really hated jr. high... didn't plan on going back to it.  

Aradia Helevorn

Twilight - The Book, by Stephenie Meyer

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces