Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anime Conventions: The Global Connection

Back to Guilds

A guild dedicated to sharing/discussing conventions, cosplay, anime, and manga from across the world 

Tags: Convention, Cosplay, Anime, Crossplay, Manga 

Reply -------- Cosplayers
American animation cosplay? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ii_Ikuto_Tsukiyomi

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 3:41 am
i say do what ever u want cause im still stuck on who to cosplay im between tobi or renji abarai or ichigo  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:16 pm
I say yes!!! :3 I saw a Johnny Bravo cosplayer one year! It was awesome. I wanna see Chowder next >3>  

OhNoesItsMiho

Unbeatable Lover

9,150 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Citizen 200

Amburr Bryte

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:22 pm
I consider it Cosplaying. Its all Dress Up.

Im stuck on soo many cosplay for this summer.
@ u @

Right now I wanna dress up as Princess Bubblegum
rom Adventure Time on Cartoon Network.
c:

It would be pretty awesome to see more
American Cartoon Cosplays at Cons.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 10:39 am
I consider it Cosplay!

I was Toph from Avatar: The Last Airbender one year. o w o  

Cariella

Questionable Shopper

OhNoesItsMiho

Unbeatable Lover

9,150 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 6:02 pm
Cariella
I consider it Cosplay!

I was Toph from Avatar: The Last Airbender one year. o w o

TOPH IS AWESOME! O_O

I've seen a Johnny Bravo, Flapjack, Lydia, and a Beetlejuice.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 4:02 am
I consider it cosplay.
I've actually been cosplaying non-Japanese characters lately for some reason. I cosplayed Ozai from Avatar: The Last Airbender last month.. And Phobos from the Italian comic W.I.T.C.H(which I don't really like, but the first saga of it was good! :3~) before that~  

ssumeragi

Skippy520

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 8:21 am
Epicly late response to this post but I was skimming the web and found it so here it is. I believe that certain characters should be allowed to compete because you cant tell me that those western character lovers didnt put time and effort in their costumes just like their asian loving counterparts. That and I was the Waldo at NYAF 2009....just throwing that out there.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:18 pm
About 99 percent of my cosplays are /co/ related. They seem to have chiller fanbases for the most part.
So, yeah, /co/ related costumes are cosplay in my opinion.

Myopsida

Demonic Dabbler

9,475 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Overstocked 200

Extreme Cuddler
Crew

Sparkly Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:01 pm
So far the only western cosplay I have done was an unfinished Generator Rex during ALA I was just missing the jacket. Had the BFS. But for AX I will have it all done and will probably take the Slam Cannon.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:40 pm
Glacirus
it's cosplay...but doesn't mean it's always gonna fit in.

Example: NYAF 2009: Guy in a chicken suit running around with a boombox blaring random songs with a spiderman running around behind him. it's specifically an ANIME convention. Spiderman is not an anime in my book (yet...could happen and if it does I will retract that part of this statement) and there's no way in HELL a random yellow chicken with a boombox is anime, and if you can prove me wrong, please do so! *sage nod*

Thank goodness I'm not the only person who feels that way. It's an ANIME convention! Dress up as an anime character ONLY! Many conventions make it about Japanese culture, and the only non-anime characters that should be cosplayed are video game characters from video games that originated in Japan.

At Otakon 2008, I saw a lot of cosplayers who dressed as the Joker from The Dark Knight. I wonder if they did that in honor of Heath Ledger.  

TigerLilyChick

Devoted Lovergirl

20,475 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200

OhNoesItsMiho

Unbeatable Lover

9,150 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 2:17 pm
*shrug* I actually like seeing people cosplay a character from a western cartoon. Heck, I'm even hoping to go to A&Gcon as Chowder. lol  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:10 pm
I've never cosplayed as something from American animation, but I know a person who is trying to cosplay as the ponies from the new My Little Pony cartoon. I'm interested in how that's going to turn out.  

Tsuki Nushi

9,550 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Autobiographer 200

Baret Rapsba

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 6:34 am
Glacirus
it's cosplay...but doesn't mean it's always gonna fit in.

Example: NYAF 2009: Guy in a chicken suit running around with a boombox blaring random songs with a spiderman running around behind him. it's specifically an ANIME convention. Spiderman is not an anime in my book (yet...could happen and if it does I will retract that part of this statement) and there's no way in HELL a random yellow chicken with a boombox is anime, and if you can prove me wrong, please do so! *sage nod*

I know this has been a year, >.< but the subject was brought back up. Actually there was a Spiderman from Japan. Link to Japanese Spiderman.

Back on the subject. >.<
Though you are at an anime convention, I don't see anything wrong in cosplaying something else. I mean with so much going to Japan, and coming to America a lot can be related to Japan. I mean so much is taken for interpretation these days. I mean two characters who are friends/enemies.... are not exactly lovers. I mean if we have to be correct in what we wear based on the convention, shouldn't those people be correct with what they choose to base their subjects around? I don't care either way. I think everyone is at a convention to have fun.

Sidenote: The girls that dress up like sleezy pickachus. They only want to look "sexy". I mean that is more disrespectful (to me) than wearing something nonanime related ^.^  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 11:45 am
Hoba The Destroyer

Sidenote: The girls that dress up like sleezy pickachus. They only want to look "sexy". I mean that is more disrespectful (to me) than wearing something nonanime related ^.^

You are my hero. XD  

OhNoesItsMiho

Unbeatable Lover

9,150 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Citizen 200

Baret Rapsba

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 11:50 am
OhNoesItsMiho
Hoba The Destroyer

You are my hero. XD

>.<
I just cant help myself.
The girls that dress up to get questionable attention scare me >.>
Once I saw a sailor moon girl, who was questionable.
I mean the outfit was great.
However, the skirt was way too short for my own personal comfort.
Somehow she "dropped" something behind a table, and she bent over the table to get it.
I mean I have never seen so many flashes go off.
I think a few people get shoved over by the lurking men.
Her group had their own fan crew following them.
I wouldn't want my tush all over the internet. >.<  
-------- Cosplayers

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces