Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Mr Savoy

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 9:21 pm
ArmasTermin
Band name ideas?
Buckshot. The Slugs. Black Powder. Ping!. Impingement. Tied Sears.

Just pretty much say anything gunny and it can be a band name.

Assault weapons.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 11:06 pm
Gunny sounds good.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  

Das Rabble Rouser

Invisible Phantom

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 2:38 am
Mr Savoy
ArmasTermin
Band name ideas?
Buckshot. The Slugs. Black Powder. Ping!. Impingement. Tied Sears.

Just pretty much say anything gunny and it can be a band name.

Assault weapons.
OPERATOR.

I like "Ping!" though.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 10:33 pm
Das Rabble Rouser
It's still better than throwing live grenades into the audience. Then again if we could get some cheap fake grenades we could throw those at them.

http://www.airsoftpost.com/product_info.php?products_id=30135  

Buki_Actual

9,050 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Generous 100
  • Signature Look 250

Das Rabble Rouser

Invisible Phantom

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 12:20 am
It says they're heavy. I don't want to injure them. I was thinking like a light weight plastic shell or bottle shaped like grenades.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 12:41 am
Sgt Buckner
Das Rabble Rouser
It's still better than throwing live grenades into the audience. Then again if we could get some cheap fake grenades we could throw those at them.

]http://www.airsoftpost.com/product_info.php?products_id=30135

I might have to buy one of those, just for the hell of it.

Bass should be here Tuesday. Can't wait. 4laugh  

ArmasTermin

Man of the Demoneye

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 4:43 am
I'm partial to Muzzlebrake myself.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 3:16 pm
*has a drum kit*  

Orkronos

Gracious Sex Symbol

6,575 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Ultimate Player 200

ArmasTermin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:44 pm
I got it! heart

I know I said there would be pics, but my good camera isn't saving pictures to the SD card for some reason, and my camera phone only takes good pictures outside in full sunlight. Still, here's a store's product demonstration of one, where you can get a good view of it and hear it. The model shown has skulls for the knobs where mine is plain, and is still featuring the thumb rest that I removed because it seemed to get in the way (thing above the strings when the bass is horizontal).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0UUCbIuZq74&playnext_from=TL&videos=PSqaNXOuan8

It's hard to play, but I was expecting that. Keeping enough pressure on the strings to eliminate buzzing while maintaining the one finger per fret rule is tough. And I tend to let notes sound overly long or buzz when transitioning, because I fumble muting the previously played one. There's also the fact that although the note system by fret is very linear, I still pretty much have to count down the notes on a string to get to the one I'm looking for. But I just have to keep reminding myself that I've been playing for less than one day... I really wish the teaching book/CD I ordered at the same time had come in today. The bass came with a short DVD lesson, but there's not a whole lot of material to go through. Once I master that stuff, it'll be fairly useless.

I'm still working on an almost complete, kind of decent rendition of the Metal Gear Solid theme from tabs. biggrin

Love this bass. Have named her Joan.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:10 pm

Das Rabble Rouser

Invisible Phantom

ArmasTermin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:40 am
I said I'd update on my progress, so I figured I'd post a quick thing.

Pretty much nailed the MGS theme. And besides an occasional buzz or unmuted string, I can play it pretty clean.

Working on some of the basslines in Come Together (Beatles), and the one in the Cowboy Bebop theme song, which is both tougher than it seems like and easier, but feels cool to play even though it's simple.

And another one, a track from the Mario RPG that has the feel of that music Quentin Tarrantino puts in his movies. Linkie: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJoGF1oLd0o

It's slow progress, but at the same time I feel like I'm really moving forward. And when I get down even a simple riff, it's so rewarding. You guys, if any of you are thinking of learning an instrument but aren't sure, ******** buy it. It's great. biggrin

Also, bought one of Maximum the Hormone's CDs a bit ago, and it's awesome. They did the second opening and ending themes for Death Note, and are a seriously crazy group. The drummer and bass player both do vocals in addition to the main vocalist, so they manage a lot of different, cool sounds with their music. Makes for good variety of catchy, screamy, and sing, uh, singy. lol Check 'em out.

EDIT: And hell yeah, Rommel, first name drop ever.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 2:17 am
If you do get the Bebop bassline we're going to need someone who can play saxophone. We can't just let it not work.  

Das Rabble Rouser

Invisible Phantom

ArmasTermin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:49 pm
Finally made my camera usable. You know what that means. Here is Joan, with snazzy lightning strap. heart

User Image
Don't be fooled by the flash, the pick guard is a flat black color and the body is a shiny, inky black. The flash just makes the pick guard look kind of white.

Also, win:

User Image
(Now you know one of the other reasons I picked that model...)

I also figure I'll end up getting en electric guitar in the near future. I mean, I can be a bass player and still screw around with a guitar. You just can't play everything on bass.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:31 pm
We need to figure a way to get people to be able to use 4 arms at once. You could play bass and regular guitar at the same time and imagine how amazing the drummer could be.  

Das Rabble Rouser

Invisible Phantom

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:07 am
Das Rabble Rouser
We need to figure a way to get people to be able to use 4 arms at once. You could play bass and regular guitar at the same time and imagine how amazing the drummer could be.

No, that's not fake. Yes, it was played in concert once. Then it was stolen, and half was never recovered.  
Chatterbox/Humor

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff