Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gamers Promised Land, Gaia's Best Gaming and Pop Culture

Back to Guilds

Gaia's best guild for discussions and contests about Video Games, Pop Culture, general geek stuff, and any kind of discussion! 

Tags: Video Games, Pop culture, chatting, Internet, tournaments 

Reply Main Forum
Halo Reach multiplayer beta Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What did you love most?
  armor abilities
  revamped guns
  playlists
  Maps
  I didn't play the beta
View Results

Tron714
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 2:55 pm
Elites should have it pretty easier than spartans... at least with kills from the grave. I too have noticed that Elites running is slower than spartans using sprint, but they are indeed faster walking than a Spartan.

If they had better weapon load outs I think that should even it out a little. As for right now an Elite equipped with a shotgun + evade ability = shotty carnage xD

The last thing to come out of beta, possibly the end of this week, is the game type Generator. A 3v3 Spartan vs Elite game mode. Where the Spartans try to defend against the Elites who are to destroy the generators. With each generator being destroyed more loadouts become available.  
PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 4:01 pm
Well, Spartans were considered some of the fiercest fighter in all of history, so they wouldn't back down from the challenge of some alien scum even if it were Wolf O'Donnell. Tell me now, is there a man among you here, is there no one who will stand up and try to fight?  

Terry Batman McGinnis

nitnit
Captain

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 10:46 pm
Jesus christ.  
PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 10:12 am
One of the things that bother me is that hardly anybody I play with goes for the objective on grab bag (giggity). What they see is a group full of people. He has a shotgun and he tries to go for an overkill, killtacular etc. Although I actually got lucky with my one game of invasion with me being the elites. I won and I'm the one who got the win for the team which makes me happy. But even though I try to remember to myself that the beta is only maybe half of the reason for gamers to have fun but mostly the part of having Bungie fix all the problems wrong with it, which is why I'm wanting the beta to stay at least another week. For me my greatest pet peeve is the overpowered grenades, they piss me off a lot and they spam it like crazy. stare  

Lt Gigglebottom

Tron714
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 1:26 pm
I actually like the grenades in Reach compared to past titles. With a wider radius and higher damage ratio the better. Besides, you have armor abilities to help you avoid grenades... if used properly.  
PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 1:28 pm
Part of the reason why nobody wants to do the objectives is because they want their profile to show a high positive kill/death ratio. CoD MW2 team gametypes suffer similarly.  

nitnit
Captain

Lt Gigglebottom

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 3:49 pm
The radius of the grenades is the only thing I like about the grenades. But for me when i'm walking around in powerhouse and see one grenade I see like three more come with it which can be very frustrating at times. And yeah Nit, MW2 suffers a lot, Halo Reach is just a beta and only last two weeks and yet people are still not going for the objective even if it's KDR is not going to count when the game comes out in september. people need to start thinking more. Same thing with piling up your credits and not actually spending them.  
PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 12:46 am
Tron714
Elites should have it pretty easier than spartans... at least with kills from the grave. I too have noticed that Elites running is slower than spartans using sprint, but they are indeed faster walking than a Spartan.

If they had better weapon load outs I think that should even it out a little. As for right now an Elite equipped with a shotgun + evade ability = shotty carnage xD

The last thing to come out of beta, possibly the end of this week, is the game type Generator. A 3v3 Spartan vs Elite game mode. Where the Spartans try to defend against the Elites who are to destroy the generators. With each generator being destroyed more loadouts become available.

I'm not talking about elites having a disadvantage in terms of killing. I'm talking about how it's pretty tough for the elites to get the power thing to the extraction point within the time limit, especially if the spartans use any intelligent defense tactics.  

nitnit
Captain

Niaxus

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 10:26 am
Elites vs Spartans in my meaningless point of view

Looks- Elites suddenly have drawn out flattened hamburger faces that look like some sort of deflated football...other then that they are ok ^^;
Spartans have new (well...old technically) armor that gives more of a "bad a** super soldier" kind of look where as the old one made me think robocop x_x and as far as i can see the elites cant change armor but the Spartans can (for now anyway)

Gameplay- e vs s

Elites- When a game starts in invasion you will have the choice of warrior or Zealot (or is that only invasion versus?..cant remember) the zealot has what appears to be a shitty carbine mixed with a needler that being said if your opponent decides to completely ignore your shots and not get behind cover in some vane attempt to show how bad a** they are you just might get a kill...The warrior load out comes with a handy plasma repeater and a plasma pistol so basically your the average elite from the halo series and you will 'wurgwurgwurga' and barrel role your way into the battle field and more often then not after your first kill be flattened by a warthog but is that the objective? To kill everything? in invasion slayer yes... good luck flat face ^^ ...But hey the elites have something on there side that the Spartans have to! Your a big blue dinosaur! well..the Spartans don't have that exactly but you see my point >>... The feeling of being a big nasty pissed off alien rushing at a bunch of cowering humans gives a feeling of empowerment, like your the bad mofo thats going to lead your gang of purple freaks to victory! And that always helps when your getting your slimy butt kicked...

Spartans- Coming in with a assault rifle and a fear of death at the hands of your dinosaur enemy your soon to realize that the only difference between the two is the elites have stronger THWACK power and run a tiny bit faster... and with your new found knowledge you dominate the field...for a good five seconds before purple lines from the sky pile on you and you explode! But hey thats what re-spawning is for so get back in there ya pansy! There is also the marksman load-out from which you get your hands on the mini sniper from hell! I (and most people) will dominate all that is with this amazing little contraption! some sort of perverse mix between a battle rifle and a sniper this little bundle of brutality out and now its in your hands!
Along with having the more interesting armor ability's after capturing a few points and killing enough dinosaurs in versus...
The Spartans also have a nice feel to them... i mean the elites sure there is a whole race of them but they are well trained yes? But being a Spartan gives you a sort of egotistic view on the fight thus improving your confidence and ( if your like me) enjoyment of the game, because when you have the choice to be the dime a dozen flat faced aliens or the billion dollar death machine spartan who would you choose? thats just my opinion anyway...

PLEASE READ- This is only my opinion on invasion slayer not normal invasion because that would take fooorrrreeevvvvar  
PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 2:33 pm
Invasion is more important than invasion slayer for reach's overall success in my opinion.  

nitnit
Captain

Lt Gigglebottom

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 12:39 am
Well my fellow gamers the beta is now over and within the first week with 157 million kills, 14 million games, and a total of 29.67 years of game time I'd say reach is going to be huge when it comes out on september 1st. So for all the guys who played the beta, post your favorite moments, achievements in-game, and what you loved most about the multiplayer in general!  
PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 4:13 pm
I find that some people are idiots in the game on Swordbase. I sometimes decide to camp on the 5th floor on the left side with a shotgun and sword beside the lift and people just keep coming through. It was a team slayer match and i got 28 kills and 2 deaths. The closest score next to mine was 8 . rofl  

Tron714
Vice Captain

Lt Gigglebottom

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 9:12 am
Lol that makes me laugh all the time whenever the games over and i look at the score. I don't camp though i usually take the stalker load out and the shotgun and go on a banana tear most of the time. My greatest score doing that was 35-6 i think.  
Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff