Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anime Conventions: The Global Connection

Back to Guilds

A guild dedicated to sharing/discussing conventions, cosplay, anime, and manga from across the world 

Tags: Convention, Cosplay, Anime, Crossplay, Manga 

Reply Convention Experiences & Running Panels/Conventions Info
Awkward Con Questions Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

RyanJakobi

Aged Humorist

23,925 Points
  • NPCon Attendee 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 11:12 am
I think there was a petition going about Otakon one year about freeing the captive bunny women. That was kind of awkward.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:26 pm
Last year I was cosplaying Satoshi (DN Angel) and while I was waiting for my friends to come back from lunch (which they never did), I was wandering through the vendors and every late 20s+ guy asked me if I either wanted to role play or come back when they closed shop (so past midnight). For a single/alone girl, that was creepy.  

HinataShadow17

SakuraRico

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:48 pm
Awkward question a girl asked me in my first con: You're a virgin, are you?  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 3:47 pm
The most awkward question I was ever asked at a con was at Anime Boston 2009. I was cosplaying Vocaloid Kaito, and a bunch of friends and I had just crammed into an elevator with some other people who were also going down. It was first thing in the morning, so I wasn't awake yet.

Suddenly, someone I don't know whispers into my ear, "Want some candy, little boy?" It was pretty terrifying at first. It turned oout that it was someone I'd met the night before, but it was super creepy.  

Wielder of Mighty Pencil!

OhNoesItsMiho

Unbeatable Lover

9,150 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 7:56 pm
Back in 09 I was at A&Gcon and some random girl was following me around and I didn't mind. She randomly asked me, "Do you have some snacks?"  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 11:22 am
My friends and I were walking back to our hotel at Otakon this year, when a family asked us if we were getting ready to preform a show.  

Veretix

8,750 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Clambake 200
  • Gender Swap 100

Extreme Cuddler
Crew

Sparkly Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 6:49 pm
My story is during Ax08 in a elevator in the hotel I was staying at, these 16 year old girls asked if I wanted to go to theyre room with them, and uhh *cough *cough with them while the curtain windows were open <.< so that ppl on elevators can see us *coughing. >.> of course I said no, even though they were both cute. (I was 18 at the time)  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:37 pm
And every time you ask him for another vanishing act,
he half smiles as if to say...

Otakon 2010: I was cosplaying Jacuzzi Splot and at the Baccano! photoshoot the Czes that was there asked me if I would marry her. She said she had just always wanted to propose to Jacuzzi. XD

Otakon 2011: Slenderman came up behind me and asked if I knew who he was. When I said yes he got all excited and gave me a hug. It was cute. :3

Genericon 2012: Two things happened.

First, Saturday morning at Dunkin' Donuts my brother and I got asked if we were in a play. We said no and explained going to the convention, then a coworker filled her in on it.

Second, a friend and a friend-of-a-friend were talking about one of their pairings and were describing gay sex and oral and my brother (13) who was quite innocent asked, "Wait, is that two boys they're talking about?" ....I don't think he quite heard everything they were saying, thankfully.

..."Whatever you want,
whatever you want,
whatever you want is fine by me."

Stegsie

Tiny Friend

12,500 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Timid 100

Solar Ritalin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 10:29 am
Last year at AX, some of my friends and I were playing a game with some other cosplayers, and a random Link cosplayer started to sing to us.. He wasnt all that bad. :3  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 6:21 pm
I don't know if this is considered awkward but I found it interesting:

At a con last year I was Cosplaying Syaoran (Tsubasa Chronicles) and I was in character. I came across a Princess Serenity Cosplayer (Sailor Moon) and asked her in character if she saw Princess Sakura. She responded in character that my princess was in another kingdom. I was crushed crying .

Oh, I like the proposing reply's. I was at Star Trek Cons in the past where people proposed to each other.  

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200

Son Goshi-kun

Distinct Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 11:28 am
Currently, the most awkward question I've ever heard asked at a con was directed towards Travis Willingham. The question was as follows:

"Did you happen to see the stuffed coyote that this girl's been carrying around today?"

The reason why this was so awkward was:
1) It really was a stuffed (i.e. taxidermy) coyote that was floppy
(and I had nearly been locked in a room with it. :shivers: Staffing can have it's downsides)

2) Travis' reaction to the picture of said coyote

3) Taxidermy animals are absolutely frightening  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 10:23 pm
Last year's Nisei Week, someone asked a Rangiku Matsumoto cosplayer if they were real  

The Lone Wolf Jedi

3,500 Points
  • Member 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250

Etherial Silky

Romantic Bookworm

23,000 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Bookworm 100
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 8:41 am
smithers456
I don't know if this is considered awkward but I found it interesting:

At a con last year I was Cosplaying Syaoran (Tsubasa Chronicles) and I was in character. I came across a Princess Serenity Cosplayer (Sailor Moon) and asked her in character if she saw Princess Sakura. She responded in character that my princess was in another kingdom. I was crushed crying .

Oh, I like the proposing reply's. I was at Star Trek Cons in the past where people proposed to each other.

I think that's amusing...could be partially because I'm a Princess Sakura cosplayer myself and I can never find Syaoran. The cons I go to need a larger Tsubasa fan-base, it's quite sad actually.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:44 pm
A friend and myself were trapped in an elevator with someone who was quickly getting into a full Red XIII suit. When he finally realized we were in there he looked around and then asked if we could help him get dressed. He needed the mask/head and the back to be fit on properly but it was still weird xD

My friend was slightly terrified since it was her first con and she had never heard of anything even remotely related to most of the things there.  

jetex5311

Dapper Prophet

6,100 Points
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Convention Experiences & Running Panels/Conventions Info

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers