Welcome to Gaia! ::

Japanese Academy

Back to Guilds

A virtual classroom where beginners can learn to read and write Japanese. New students welcome! 

Tags: Japanese, Academy, Japan, Learn, School 

Reply Japanese Vocabulary and Grammar Lessons
JAPANESE Lesson Five - Professions Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rihanna Bae

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 12:11 pm
Hajimemashite. Wastashi no namae wa Sarah desu. Ni jyuu ichi sai desu. Gakusei desu. Daigaku ichi nen sei desu. Watashi no kazoku wa haha to chichi to ani to imouto to otouto to watashi desu. Chichi wa enjinia desu. Douzo yoroshiku ^_^

moms a socialworker, but i couldnt type that ...  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:15 am
Hajimemashite. Watashi no namae wa Possessed Food desu. Douzo yoroshiku. Watashi wa jyuu go. Seito desu.

so desu means "i am" but how can you say "i have" as in not to possess, but to coexist (like a sibling) or as in number of siblings.
I have # older brother(s)
can you make two sentences to explain please???  

Not Over

6,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

KassyRawr

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:32 pm
Hajimemashite! Watashi wa Kassyrawr desu. Jyuu san sai desu. Seito desu. Chuugoku ni nen sei desu. Watashi no kazoku wa haha to chichi to otouto to imouto to watashi desu. Haha wa kaishain desu. Chichi wa kaishain desu.Douzo yoroshiku!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 9:27 pm

Hajimemashite! Watashi no onomae wa smilingsin272 desu. Jyuu go sei desu. Koukou ichi nen sei desu. Watashi no kazoku wa haha to chichi to ane to imouto to wastashi o motte desu. Watashi no haha wa sensei desu. Kyoudai wa gakusei desu. Douzo yoroshiku!

pixseouls

9,350 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Invisibility 100

blasted by bubbles

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 3:04 pm
はじめまして。わたしはルルです。にじゅうさいです。いまだいがくせいさんえんせいです。わたしのおかあさんとおとうさんはかいしゃいんです。どうぞよろしく。

Hajimemashite. Watashi wa Ruru (Lulu) desu. Nijuu sai desu. Ima daigakusei sannensei desu. Watashi no okaasan to otousan wa daishain desu. Douzo yoroshiku.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 8:28 pm
Oh my, thats quite a bit to remember @.@, i do like how u have taken everything from previous lessons and applied it here, it is really helpful, thx!  

RosukeDesu

RosukeDesu

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 8:08 am
Hajimemashite! Watashi no namae wa Rosuke desu. Ni jyuu sai desu. Gakusei desu. Daigaku ichi nen sei desu. Watashi no kazoku wa haha to chichi to ani to otouto to otouto to watashi desu. Chichi wa enjinia desu. Douzo yorushiku.
ninja  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:48 am
Hajimemashite! Boku no namae wa Ripple_of_water desu. Jyuu hachi sai desu. Seito desu. Koukou san nen sei desu. Watashi no kazoku wa haha to chichi to imouto to watashi desu. Douzo yoroshiku.  

Ripple_of_water

cooking_sage

8,475 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:17 am
Hajimemashite! Watashi no namae Cooking_Sage desu. Nin jyuu ni sai desu. Seito desu. Watashi no kazoku wa haha to chichi to ane to imouto to sobo. Haha wa isha desu. Chichi wa enjinia desu. Douzo yoroshiku! My dad works for the milltary but I just add engineer for the lesson.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:23 pm
Hajimemashite! Watashi no namae wa Emiko desu. seito desu. watashi no kazoku wa mama to papa...desu Watashi no chichi wa kagaku-sha. Watashi no haha wa gengo chōkaku-shidesu. Watashi no ani ga daigakusei o sotsugyō.
i understand it thanks for the break down lessons and had to research it too. to make sure i m doing it correctly.  

Nana Shinu Ai

7,200 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Signature Look 250

Starry Starry Fright
Captain

Quotable Lunatic

8,100 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:49 pm
Phoniex of Darkness
Hajimemashite! Watashi no namae wa Emiko desu. seito desu. Watashi wa mama to papa to issho ni kurasuto ani o motte imasu. Watashi no namae wa joisudesu.Watashi no namae wa Kameron desu. Watashi no name wa Matthew desu. Watashi no chichi wa kagaku-sha. Watashi no haha wa gengo chōkaku-shidesu. Watashi no ani ga daigakusei o sotsugyō.
i understand it thanks for the break down lessons and had to research it too. to make sure i m doing it correctly.

Okay, just a few things...

First off, "kurasuto" means "crust", so I'm not entirely sure what you're trying to say there... together you have a crusty big brother? Not entirely sure what "issho ni" is doing in there either, but you're one of the only people I've ever seen spell it correctly on the first try.

Now... the way you've listed your family... It's good to see you experimenting with a new verb form (I haven't even taught you the TE-IRU form yet); I can assume you're trying to say "I have a mother and father...etc". Unfortunately, the verb isn't exactly the same as it is in English. This is a possessive verb (mochimasu), and can be translated to "to have" or "to own" or "to hold". You do not own your family. I know that you can use "have" to describe your family in English, but it's just not quite the same in Japanese. Grammatically, you're using the verb form correctly, it's just... not right for the situation.

"watashi no kazoku wa mama to papa...desu" is how it is said. "Kazoku" is an extremely important word, and it's one you will hear a lot.

Okay... I'm little confused about the repeated "Watashi no namae wa ... desu". Your name is Kameron? Matthew? I'm confused.

Alright, the only other issue is your last sentence. I think you're trying to tell me that your brother is a graduate student, correct? The word for graduate student is "daigakuinsei".

I can see how you're making the mistakes that you are; it's natural to have difficulties when you're trying to learn a language with a grammatical structure entirely different from your own. Just be very careful about looking up words and piecing them together the way you would in English.

Great to see you attempting to use new words and grammar, though. Keep practicing. biggrin  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:15 am
hai. i will be careful sensei.  

Nana Shinu Ai

7,200 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Signature Look 250

AriaAnachronism

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 7:18 pm
わたしわ学生です。
watashi wa gakusei desu.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 2:55 pm
Only part i don't understand:
How you said the family part if Stary didn't say HOW! we should say it!!  

xXZanza

Lonely Bunny

13,850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Pet Lover 100

Nana Shinu Ai

7,200 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 5:47 pm
Hajimemashite! Watashi wa no namae wa Emiko desu. "watashi no kazoku wa mama to papa...desu.  
Japanese Vocabulary and Grammar Lessons

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff