Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Common Room~* (chatterbox, life, socializing)
damn mum Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Unexpected Angel

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 12:51 am
Quote:

Well in the US the average age that kids are having sex now is 12 or 11. I can't remember, but how effed up is that?! Just goes to show how our country is goin down hill fast.

wow that is effed up, the normal age people have sex is like 15-16, shows how much australia has gone down hill a bit  
PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 9:00 am
rmcdra
Aakosir

Well in the US the average age that kids are having sex now is 12 or 11. I can't remember, but how effed up is that?! Just goes to show how our country is goin down hill fast.
Why is that a sign of the US going down hill fast?

Because that was a few years ago. I believe 2 years ago. And I lost mine when I was 15. I thought that was young! So I'm basically assuming that the age will keep decreasing, meaning younger kids will be sexual active when they are not ready for it. I know my first sex ed class was in 5th grade, so I was 9. Imagine our 9 year olds being sexually active!  

Aakosir

Dangerous Businesswoman

7,600 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

rmcdra

Loved Seeker

11,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 9:26 am
Aakosir
Because that was a few years ago. I believe 2 years ago.
And?

Quote:
And I lost mine when I was 15. I thought that was young!
Because of your age, maturity level, power difference of the person you were with? Why did you feel that was young?

Quote:
So I'm basically assuming that the age will keep decreasing, meaning younger kids will be sexual active when they are not ready for it.
And what determines readiness?

Quote:
I know my first sex ed class was in 5th grade, so I was 9. Imagine our 9 year olds being sexually active!
Kids as young as 5-7 are masturbating and quite a few doctors view this as healthy. Do you feel that this is wrong?  
PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 9:42 am
rmcdra
Aakosir
Because that was a few years ago. I believe 2 years ago.
And?

Quote:
And I lost mine when I was 15. I thought that was young!
Because of your age, maturity level, power difference of the person you were with? Why did you feel that was young?

Quote:
So I'm basically assuming that the age will keep decreasing, meaning younger kids will be sexual active when they are not ready for it.
And what determines readiness?

Quote:
I know my first sex ed class was in 5th grade, so I was 9. Imagine our 9 year olds being sexually active!
Kids as young as 5-7 are masturbating and quite a few doctors view this as healthy. Do you feel that this is wrong?

Just pick me apart why don't cha. razz

If it was 11 and 12 two years ago what ages are they now? Possibly 9 and 10
I was mature, but I was stupid. I really regret that whole situation. Being used for sex is one thing that is hard to get over.
Rediness is determined by responsibility. I highly doubt 9 year olds are responsible enough.
Masturbation is a little different than having sex. But I think I would freak out if I found my 5 years old masturbating.

Aakosir

Dangerous Businesswoman

7,600 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

rmcdra

Loved Seeker

11,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 10:31 pm
Aakosir
I know I'm such an a** razz . It just makes it easier to read and examine objectively. I'm a sucker when it comes to appeal to emotions because believe it or not I'm a very emotional person.

Quote:
And? This really isn't making much sense to me. It seems to be a slippery slope fallacy.
Quote:
I was mature, but I was stupid. I really regret that whole situation. Being used for sex is one thing that is hard to get over.
The thing is though is that there is a difference between being used by someone and two people being curious and experimenting. Unless one of the kids has a significant power over the other (in which case it would classify as rape) I don't see how we can equate the two situations.

Quote:
Rediness is determined by responsibility. I highly doubt 9 year olds are responsible enough.
Neither do I but I doubt that a 9 year old can be sexually attracted to someone. I don't think that sexual attraction can occur until puberty.
Quote:
Masturbation is a little different than having sex. But I think I would freak out if I found my 5 years old masturbating.
It's along the same vein. Would you freak out if you found them playing "doctor"?

Oh can I get some statistics about kids having sex younger and younger? Compared to the 50's I'd say yeah but looking back further down the timeline I don't think that the ages and commonality of the ages are getting all that younger.  
PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 8:22 am
rmcdra
Aakosir
I know I'm such an a** razz . It just makes it easier to read and examine objectively. I'm a sucker when it comes to appeal to emotions because believe it or not I'm a very emotional person.

Quote:
And? This really isn't making much sense to me. It seems to be a slippery slope fallacy.
Quote:
The thing is though is that there is a difference between being used by someone and two people being curious and experimenting. Unless one of the kids has a significant power over the other (in which case it would classify as rape) I don't see how we can equate the two situations.

Quote:
Neither do I but I doubt that a 9 year old can be sexually attracted to someone. I don't think that sexual attraction can occur until puberty.
Quote:
It's along the same vein. Would you freak out if you found them playing "doctor"?

Oh can I get some statistics about kids having sex younger and younger? Compared to the 50's I'd say yeah but looking back further down the timeline I don't think that the ages and commonality of the ages are getting all that younger.

I don't have the patience to do that qoute thing you do so.... XD
I don't know what more to say to help that part make sense. But it seems to me that the age keeps decreasing. So just imagine if our 5 years olds were having sex.
I know there is a difference between curiosity and forcing someone. I wasn't forced, I just didn't think. But I really think parents need to pay closer attention to their kids so that way they wait to act on their curiosity.
O.o How is playing doctor compairable to masturbating?

And I understand that kids were betrothed at about 15 a long time ago, but that time was so different from this time. They were more mature, they did not have video games. They were with their parent's most of the day and were taught what is proper and expected of them. I am pretty oldworld so I'm really finikey about loyalty and maturity. A friend and I actually got in to an arguement about strip clubs yesterday. I hate them. Your husband does not need to go somewhere else when he has a woman at home. And I am more than willing to expiriment to keep my man faithful.

Aakosir

Dangerous Businesswoman

7,600 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

rmcdra

Loved Seeker

11,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 8:23 am
@Aakosir
Found some information regarding our discussion

Some Highlights of sexual development for ages 9-12
Quote:
Developmental Outcomes

* Physical changes associated with puberty
* Psychological/social changes associated with puberty
* Full understanding of rights and responsibilities related to sexuality and relationships.

Common Behaviours

* Dating (i.e., going with)
* Physical intimacy (kissing, petting)
* Masturbation
* Preoccupation with sexuality (e.g., frequently makes references to sexuality)
* Interest in sexual media

Concerns

* Premature initiation of adult sexual activity
* Difficulty adjusting to homosexual or bisexual orientation
* Difficulty with body image
* Difficulty with social skills

Learning Objectives

* Complete knowledge of the physical and psychological aspects of puberty.
* Broadly-based sexual health education, including delay of first intercourse and contraception/safer sex.
* Social skills education related to rights and responsibilities in relationships and mutually satisfying interpersonal relationships.
* Development of media literacy skills to understand, interpret, and evaluate media sexuality messages and imagery.

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 8:34 am
rmcdra
@Aakosir
Found some information regarding our discussion

Some Highlights of sexual development for ages 9-12
Quote:
Developmental Outcomes

* Physical changes associated with puberty
* Psychological/social changes associated with puberty
* Full understanding of rights and responsibilities related to sexuality and relationships.

Common Behaviours

* Dating (i.e., going with)
* Physical intimacy (kissing, petting)
* Masturbation
* Preoccupation with sexuality (e.g., frequently makes references to sexuality)
* Interest in sexual media

Concerns

* Premature initiation of adult sexual activity
* Difficulty adjusting to homosexual or bisexual orientation
* Difficulty with body image
* Difficulty with social skills

Learning Objectives

* Complete knowledge of the physical and psychological aspects of puberty.
* Broadly-based sexual health education, including delay of first intercourse and contraception/safer sex.
* Social skills education related to rights and responsibilities in relationships and mutually satisfying interpersonal relationships.
* Development of media literacy skills to understand, interpret, and evaluate media sexuality messages and imagery.

Ok, but parents still need to help quide their children. I have no problem with my child being bisexual or homosexual. I just want them to be safe. And ready. And it said in there somewhere about TV shows... Yea.... There are so many shows that are way too sexual for younger kids.

How did a simple comment lead to this O.o
XD But thanks for the site.

Aakosir

Dangerous Businesswoman

7,600 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

rmcdra

Loved Seeker

11,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 8:51 am
Aakosir

No worries. XD
Quote:
I don't know what more to say to help that part make sense. But it seems to me that the age keeps decreasing. So just imagine if our 5 years olds were having sex.
And 5 year olds having sex is not considered normal or psychologically healthy. In fact that is considered psychologically damaging.

I don't think our kids are having sex at a younger than normal age but rather that there's so much "hype" about sex from both sides that is giving a distorted view of what is actually going on. For all we know the cases being presented are actually anomalies and are being treated as the norm because both sides want to blow it out of proportion to support whatever cause they have going.

Quote:
I know there is a difference between curiosity and forcing someone. I wasn't forced, I just didn't think. But I really think parents need to pay closer attention to their kids so that way they wait to act on their curiosity.
I think parents should be encouraging their children to have a better sense of self and value judgments so they can accept whatever consequences come of their actions and not have regrets but that's me.
Quote:
nvm. Bad comparison on my part.

Quote:
And I understand that kids were betrothed at about 15 a long time ago, but that time was so different from this time.
We really aren't that much different in make up from the people back then, we just have nicer toys.
Quote:
They were more mature, they did not have video games.
And why does nicer things hinder maturity?
Quote:
They were with their parent's most of the day and were taught what is proper and expected of them.
And I take it you are distrustful of what is taught in schools? You also don't think your kids, especially at a young, impressionable age aren't picking up anything from you?
Quote:
I am pretty oldworld so I'm really finikey about loyalty and maturity.
Same here (Southeast Louisiana Boy here) but I try to avoid equating age with maturity. I know quite a few 15 year olds that are more mature than people I went to college with.
Quote:
A friend and I actually got in to an arguement about strip clubs yesterday. I hate them. Your husband does not need to go somewhere else when he has a woman at home. And I am more than willing to expiriment to keep my man faithful.
Not going to touch on that and I'm glad that you are will but unfortunately some women aren't. There's some things I'll have to just fantasize about doing because my fiancee is not willing to do somethings. Personally I'm not too keen on strip clubs in general because the women aren't treated well by the club owners but I do know there are some exceptions to this.  
PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 9:01 am
Aakosir

Ok, but parents still need to help quide their children. I have no problem with my child being bisexual or homosexual. I just want them to be safe. And ready. And it said in there somewhere about TV shows... Yea.... There are so many shows that are way too sexual for younger kids.

Don't disagree with you on that. Parents do need to be involved. I agree with you in that many shows on daytime/nighttime TV programming are too overtly sexual for children but again what children watch on TV goes back to parental/caretaker involvement and responsibility.

The strange places our minds wander and turns it makes ninja

NP anytime.  

rmcdra

Loved Seeker

11,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Contributor 150

Aakosir

Dangerous Businesswoman

7,600 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 10:22 am
rmcdra
Aakosir

Don't disagree with you on that. Parents do need to be involved. I agree with you in that many shows on daytime/nighttime TV programming are too overtly sexual for children but again what children watch on TV goes back to parental/caretaker involvement and responsibility.

The strange places our minds wander and turns it makes ninja

NP anytime.

Yea. There are too many parents that are not focusing on their children. I used to watch Family Guy while my daughter was about 14 months old. Now I don't because she is talking and can easily pick up some things on that show. I don't want her to get any ideas. So we watch animal planet and some Colbert Report XD  
PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 10:29 am
rmcdra
Aakosir

No worries. XD
Quote:
And 5 year olds having sex is not considered normal or psychologically healthy. In fact that is considered psychologically damaging.

I don't think our kids are having sex at a younger than normal age but rather that there's so much "hype" about sex from both sides that is giving a distorted view of what is actually going on. For all we know the cases being presented are actually anomalies and are being treated as the norm because both sides want to blow it out of proportion to support whatever cause they have going.

Quote:
I think parents should be encouraging their children to have a better sense of self and value judgments so they can accept whatever consequences come of their actions and not have regrets but that's me.
Quote:
nvm. Bad comparison on my part.

Quote:
And I understand that kids were betrothed at about 15 a long time ago, but that time was so different from this time.
We really aren't that much different in make up from the people back then, we just have nicer toys.
Quote:
They were more mature, they did not have video games.
And why does nicer things hinder maturity?
Quote:
They were with their parent's most of the day and were taught what is proper and expected of them.
And I take it you are distrustful of what is taught in schools? You also don't think your kids, especially at a young, impressionable age aren't picking up anything from you?
Quote:
I am pretty oldworld so I'm really finikey about loyalty and maturity.
Same here (Southeast Louisiana Boy here) but I try to avoid equating age with maturity. I know quite a few 15 year olds that are more mature than people I went to college with.
Quote:
A friend and I actually got in to an arguement about strip clubs yesterday. I hate them. Your husband does not need to go somewhere else when he has a woman at home. And I am more than willing to expiriment to keep my man faithful.
Not going to touch on that and I'm glad that you are will but unfortunately some women aren't. There's some things I'll have to just fantasize about doing because my fiancee is not willing to do somethings. Personally I'm not too keen on strip clubs in general because the women aren't treated well by the club owners but I do know there are some exceptions to this.

O.O Long post.
And I guess I didn't think of those cases being anomalies. I guess I was one of the people blowing it out of proportion.
The point with the video games is that the kids are not learning from their parents. They play the games and think that those things are expected. Like SIMs. I've never played, but I've heard some things that you can do on there...
I don't doubt what kids are being taught in school, it's just the whole peer pressure deal. It never worked on me, but my fiance is very easily influenced, and he's 22 this year. I'm only 19. I just don't care what other people say. I will/will not do what I do/don't want to.
I was told last night that I am very mature for my age. I guess having a kid and being raised the way I was helps.
I'm still very against strip clubs. It makes it "proper" for me to oogle women...

Aakosir

Dangerous Businesswoman

7,600 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

The Unexpected Angel

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 11:39 pm
how did we get from my mum finding my stuff to sex and strips clubs  
PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 9:23 am
Ethereal Memories

That's what I wondered last few posts, but technically we're not on strip clubs. I just mentioned them =^_^=  

Aakosir

Dangerous Businesswoman

7,600 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

The Unexpected Angel

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 5:11 pm
Quote:

That's what I wondered last few posts, but technically we're not on strip clubs. I just mentioned them =^_^=

you still mentioned them so i got the right to use it ina sentence lol  
*~Common Room~* (chatterbox, life, socializing)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games