Egyptian Pantheonic Pagan (55%)
Shamanic Pagan (50%)
Eastern Pagan (45%)
Roman Pantheonic Pagan (40%)
Greek Pantheonic Pagan (35%)
Kabbalistic Pagan (25%)
Zoroastrian Pagan (20%)
Norse Pantheonic Pagan (Asatru) (15%)
Sumerian, Babylonian, and Mesopotamian Pagans (0%)
Catholic (Pagan?) (0%)

I'm in no way, shape or form an Eastern/Kabbalistic Pagan; What did me in, and boosted my scores on a number of these others, is that I simply knew what things were from having taken courses in world religions. It's an entertaining quiz, but not something I think anyone should ever be encouraged to start researching based upon.

Dr.Voodoo
Question 1-
Could someone describe some of the various branches of paganism to me? I have no idea what I want to get into.

Can you tell us why you're interested in Paganism and what about it appeals to you? There are as many prnaches to Paganism as there are people who practice for the most part. The best thing you can do for yourself is to begin narrowing down things you're interested in and start learning from there. Blanket statement questions can only provide likewise in an answer, and that never helps anyone. 3nodding

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 9:11 pm
Christo Minaverus
OK well the branches of Paganism are endless. The thing about Paganism is you take what you like. You can go over many different religions and make your own type of worship or go on the books of another. Wicca is usually the most main stream branch of Paganism. Theres an awsome sit that asks you questions and helps you find out what branch you fit best but let me see if I can find it. xp

Mmm... Paganism is not just about taking what you like.^_^ "Paganism" describes a wide group of religions which are based on reviving the traditional or indigenous religions of societies from around the world. Those religious traditions, which together make up the Pagan family tree, have histories and beliefs just like any other religion; they are spiritual dedications. While we tend not to be evangelistic, and so are more accepting of each other's beliefs, our traditions are more than a buffet ripe for the picking and plundering. --I'm sure that's not what you meant to convey, Christo, but it is a common misconception among people new to the community, and has lead to many unfortunate incidents. I just wanted to clarify the matter.^_~

Wicca is widespread, and if you're going to spend any time at all in the Pagan community it would be wise to learn something about it- even if you do not intend to pursue it as a spiritual discipline. Of course, bear in mind that it is far from the only Pagan religion out there. It has been experiencing a decline in recent years, in fact- many have adopted the "do it yourself" religious style and have torn the framework of that religion apart to the point where it has actually become necessary to create a new term to describe the result. Most "NeoWiccans" would be shocked spitless if they were to find instruction in a traditional coven, but that is what Wicca is. If you want to learn about Wicca, then I suggest looking into the traditional school- what is now known as Gardnerian Wicca. Then you can proceed to other versions and understand a bit more about how they relate to the rest of the community.

However, if you're scoring high for Asatru, then that is all the more reason to consider your scholarship. For the most part, the Asatru are a devoted folk and take their culture and spirituality deeply to heart- honest inquiries are welcomed so long as you're willing to back them up with serious consideration, but dabblers aren't well received. The Asatru Alliance might be a good place to start looking for information. Your best bet is probably to ask some Asatru, and to read the Younger and Elder Eddas. Here is a copy of the Younger Edda. The Elder Edda can be found through this link.

Greek Paganism is a bit more vague. I know more about the Hellenic Reconstructionists- again, a scholarly bunch who study the culture and religion of ancient Greece in order to understand the religion more fully, and apply it appropriately in modern life. I've a few friends who are active in that community, and I could probably get a few recomendations
from them if you would like.

I wish I had a little more time to devote to this tonight, but I should be going now.^_^ I may be able to come back later with some more information in a few days.  

WebenBanu

Starlock
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 10:21 pm
The first quiz put me as a Druid... which is sort of closest to what I am based on what they had on the list. The second one seemed very, very confused by me. Very few of the questions really fit right for me. It was almost all about deities, and I'm fundamentally agnostic on deity and yet simuntaneously believe all ideas about deity are true. So my highest percentage was like... only a 60%. Which basically told me nothing. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 2:55 pm
In the second quiz, I got

Ecclectic Pagan
90%

Celtic Pantheonic Pagan
65%

Greek Pantheonic Pagan
55%

Roman Pantheonic Pagan
40%

Shamanic Pagan
40%

Egyptian Pantheonic Pagan
35%

Zoroastrian Pagan
25%

Sumerian, Babylonian, and Mesopotamian Pagans
15%

Norse Pantheonic Pagan (Asatru)
10%

Eastern Pagan
5%

Kabbalistic Pagan
0%

Catholic (Pagan?)
0%

which makes a lot of sense. biggrin I tend to frequently pray reffering to the God and Goddess simply as "God and Goddess" when I am praying. Yet when I am preforming a spell or a longer, more complex prayer, I tend to also invoke deities from the Greek and Celtic pantheons as well.  

Kamikaze Noodle

Skasha

6,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Popular Thread 100
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 6:06 pm
The second quiz sounds more realistic to me, I got

Quote:
You scored as Shamanic Pagan.

A shamanic pagan's roots are generally found in Native American faith. A true love and respect for the earth and all that it yields is central to their faith. Wisdom is most often found in spirit guides or totems, who can be animals, ancestors, or spirits. Pagans who follow this path tend to be far more aware of the delicate web that interweaves the lives of every person and thus move within that web accordingly. They're usually deeply insightful, friendly, loving people and excellent friends and parents. Mysterious and strong, as well, they are often the protectors of their friends and family as well as the moral compass for their friends and loved ones.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 6:42 pm
On the quizzes, I got:

#1 Druid
(then it was: Greek, Wiccan and Shaman)

Second quiz:

You scored as Ecclectic Pagan.

A veritable blend of all the pantheons and perhaps a dash of a few other religions as well, you're the versitile Ecclectic Pagan. You have no problem wearing an ankh while setting an offering to Herne on your alter just below your image of Hera. You don't believe in coloring within the lines, and are a bright free-thinker. While you respect the views of your fellow pagans, as far as you're concerned, religion is the sky, and there's no one about to clip your wings with lines and limitations.

Ecclectic Pagan 90%
Zoroastrian Pagan 65%
Celtic Pantheonic Pagan 60%
Greek Pantheonic Pagan 55%
Egyptian Pantheonic Pagan 50%
Eastern Pagan 30%
Roman Pantheonic Pagan 25%
Shamanic Pagan 25%
Norse Pantheonic Pagan (Asatru) 15%
Sumerian, Babylonian, and Mesopotamian Pagans 10%
Catholic (Pagan?) 0%
Kabbalistic Pagan 0%  

Mina Beltara

Winter Black
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 12:50 pm
I know that my post here happens to be a little late, but I wanted to say that I have a site that I'm always updating... If you like, you can join the message board, and look around the actual website to see if there is any help for different branches on there.

I'm an ecclectic Pagan, and a lot of the Pantheons on the site that I have up and running are mostly ones that I've taken something from in order to better myself and my practices.
I made that site because I wanted to educate and various other reasons... ^^;; I'm always working on it.

Also, if anyone who knows a lot about a certain Pantheon, or even a bit about many, would like to help, then please PM me, because I need all the help I can get, due to my new job, since I won't have enough time to do it all myself. ^^;;

So yeah. There's my first post in ages.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 8:01 pm
Hmn.. this is the first time I've looked at these type of quizzes...

From QuizFarm.com..

Quote:
Ecclectic Pagan 65%
Kabbalistic Pagan 50%
Zoroastrian Pagan 40%
Catholic (Pagan?) 35%
Egyptian Pantheonic Pagan 25%
Shamanic Pagan 25%
Eastern Pagan 25%
Celtic Pantheonic Pagan 15%
Greek Pantheonic Pagan 10%
Sumerian, Babylonian, and Mesopotamian Pagans 5%

Now, I thought that was pretty darned interesting.

But really.. I don't know what religion I fall in. (At all. I mean, for all I know, I could be Catholic or Atheist or Wiccan, or anything!) That's why I think I got such varied results.. and Ecclectic Pagan as my highest. I'm pretty content with that one though.

Um.. woo hoo? My first post?  

Kaitae

Friendly Loiterer

7,375 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Hygienic 200

I DaRkSliD3 I

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 8:23 pm
Christo Minaverus
wow it said Im druidic. Well thats mostly because of my belief in the earth as a giving being I suppose. =P

I came up as Wiccan. Not a huge surprise, too bad.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 8:21 am
Kaitae

From QuizFarm.com..

Quote:
Ecclectic Pagan 65%
Kabbalistic Pagan 50%
Zoroastrian Pagan 40%
Catholic (Pagan?) 35%
Shamanic Pagan 25%
Eastern Pagan 25%

But really.. I don't know what religion I fall in. (At all. I mean, for all I know, I could be Catholic or Atheist or Wiccan, or anything!) That's why I think I got such varied results.. and Ecclectic Pagan as my highest. I'm pretty content with that one though.

A good way to rule out whether your an Aetheist or not is asking yourself the question, "Do you believe that there is a higher power/being/whatever in the universe?"

Answer 'no', your an aetheist. Answer 'yes', you are, at the very least, Agnostic. razz  

Jameta
Captain

Nihilistic Seraph
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 1:23 pm
I DaRkSliD3 I
Christo Minaverus
wow it said Im druidic. Well thats mostly because of my belief in the earth as a giving being I suppose. =P

I came up as Wiccan. Not a huge surprise, too bad.
*points at his sig*

Holy s**t, I have that exact pent!  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 11:21 am
Jameta
Kaitae

From QuizFarm.com..

Quote:
Ecclectic Pagan 65%
Kabbalistic Pagan 50%
Zoroastrian Pagan 40%
Catholic (Pagan?) 35%
Shamanic Pagan 25%
Eastern Pagan 25%

A good way to rule out whether your an Aetheist or not is asking yourself the question, "Do you believe that there is a higher power/being/whatever in the universe?"

Answer 'no', your an aetheist. Answer 'yes', you are, at the very least, Agnostic. razz

XD Ah. If it were only that easy. It's like asking if Santa Claus really exists. You'd want to believe, but then agian, you're the one who puts the presents under the tree. Science really puts down believing in higher beings nowadays if you ask me. -_-;  

Kaitae

Friendly Loiterer

7,375 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Hygienic 200

Kuroyue

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 11:45 am
Asking if there's some sort of higher entity out there is kinda hard for me. I'm standing right on the neutral spot or the borderline. If you asked me, I'd say, "Who knows? It's not my place to say." So I'm not really taking a side here, as to whether a higher entity exists or not. I'm the neutral person who's somewhere out there, uninvolved. I'm leaning more into the athiest aspect, though, unless there is material proof that something's out there watching us. It's like I don't belong in any religious clique.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 11:59 am
I took the second quiz, and I got a result that was pretty accurate, although I didn't know this religion existed, because the concept of duality is big in my life, and I contemplate matters of duality conciously/subconciously many hours during my life, for years. And the bit about being naive to put faith in gods is somewhat accurate too. Although it's not my place to say whether I'm smart, I'm certainly cynical and analytical. Here's my result:

You scored as Zoroastrian Pagan.

The Zoroastrian Pagan is a rare breed who follows the teachings of Zoroaster, the religious reformer. He believed that there were no gods, and it was naive to put faith in them and give them names. What one should focus on is merely serving one side of the cosmic duality; work on good or light deeds, and the world would become more good or light. Pagans of this variety are rare, but often feel like they get more done without the hassle and clutter of pantheons and gods. They're smart, analytical, and occationally cynical.

Zoroastrian Pagan
70%

Eastern Pagan
35%

Shamanic Pagan
25%

Ecclectic Pagan
20%

Egyptian Pantheonic Pagan
10%

Roman Pantheonic Pagan
10%

Kabbalistic Pagan
10%

Celtic Pantheonic Pagan
10%

Greek Pantheonic Pagan
5%

Norse Pantheonic Pagan (Asatru)
0%

Catholic (Pagan?)
0%

Sumerian, Babylonian, and Mesopotamian Pagans
0%  

Kuroyue

Jameta
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 12:18 pm
Kaitae
XD Ah. If it were only that easy. It's like asking if Santa Claus really exists. You'd want to believe, but then agian, you're the one who puts the presents under the tree. Science really puts down believing in higher beings nowadays if you ask me. -_-;
Ah, but by placing the presents there, you do make Santa Claus real- you take on the spirit.

And as it has been stated, just because something resides in the realms of your mind does not mean it is not real.  
Sacred Sources -The Outer Forum -

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff