Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sims Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for all things Sims created by Maxis/EA. 

Tags: simulation, god games, story telling, custom, Sims 

Reply The Sims Guild
So are u guys saying...... Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Is it better on the computer then the PS2
  yes
  no
  sometimes
View Results

meblabla123

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 1:07 pm
The computer version offers more options the one on ps2 -in my opion- is worse than the 1st sims

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 9:00 pm
Yep.... the custom content is what keeps me coming back. Plus the interface on the computer is SOOOOO much easier and nicer! I can't use a stupid controller to control my sims. I need more control. /control issues  

Banana-nana

mnkyspaid

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 8:11 am
my brother played it on his xbox once, it wasnt all that great.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 11:56 am
Rene1121
what can u do on the coputer that u can't do on the PS2???

* you can't age (i wanna know how it can even be considered "The Sims2" without aging question exclaim )
* you can't have children (no family aspiration either)
* you can't get married (well i don't know if you can do that or not on the console... i didn't play it long enough to find out)
* you can't download custom content
* you can't build houses as easily (i found it very difficult to make it do what I wanted
* you can't make videos
* you can't write and upload stories
* you can't upload sims you create
* you can't upload lots you create
* you can't look around the lot while your sim is interacting with another sim. you're locked into what's going on there, which is very boring! stare

need i go on?! I personally think Maxis really botched this one up. They had so much more potential. The only things, like someone else already said, that they did right was the layered clothing options and the new creativity aspiration.

Computer over Console.... hands down, no question.  

amandapace7

Goldenhoney

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 4:18 pm
Well, PERSONLY, from MY EXPRIENCE...

I like Sims on the computer. You can just do more. There is more options, and it seems that MAXIS and EAGames put more Time and Effort into PC games, instead of PS2. I have pretty much ALL of the Sims games, INCLUDING: THE SIMS 2, University, and NITELIFE!

I think there is a MAJOR difference in PC games compared to PS2 SIMS 2
GAMES. With the old sims games and the first ones, there isn't much of a difference, because the graphics on the first and older sims games, are A LOT different...but not on the PS2 or PC...Ok, Just Get My Point Already: i Perfer PC SIMS GAMES OVER ((VS.)) PS2 SIMS GAMES!!!  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 12:37 am
only console i played the sims on is the xbox and it really sucked.  

lakergal08

Zwiebelsaft!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 3:57 pm
SirEmino
The computer have thousands of custom contents that can be downloaded from the net. Surely the PS2 version cant compare to that!
that's one

plus that you can film, download objects, zoom in and stuff, etc. that you apparently can't do on the PS2/Gamecube/Xbox version of it  
PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 6:25 pm
I think that it is way better on the computer than on PS2. PS2 gives you more options on clothing, but the computer graphics are better and I think it's easier to control. I haven't played it a whole lot on the PS2, though. Maybe for a reason, though....  

Sweet_Melissad

TheNamelessAngelofHell

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 10:50 am
I do belive that the console version has been beaten down.

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 3:18 pm
LIAR!!!  

candee-addict

Nequila

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 12:19 pm
I've attempted every version of the game to be fair to EA. Byfar, however, computer wins.

I even prefer TS1 to any of the console Sims.  
The Sims Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff