21%
 21%  [ 12 ]
Wtf Is A Furry?!
7%
 7%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 56

zZzNuki

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 12:37 pm
i told my mom i was one and she dosent care she is ok with it because my moms a whore in denial and she thinks i picked up her habits im a furry cause im an animal besides i love being a primate  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 5:27 pm
DarkSniper
Really the only reason I told them I was a furry as well, is that I plan to get a collar, and didn't want to have to explain everything to them later, might as well have them explode alot all at once, then drag the whole thing out.

Could've easily passed it off as a style thing. Say it was just a little something versus going all out half shaved hair dyed neon green, wearing nothing but leather and chains and clothes with so many holes they hide nothing.

It's not a lie after all. It's just not the whole story. Corporations do this all the time, so your parents would have been used to it. razz

Just sayin' it's a better alternative. Your parents sound quite messed up in terms of thinking things out logically and such. Overreactions kinda just show it might be in your best interest to simply not tell them everything and continue on your own way. If they question, then simply ask them first if they are going to behave like adults or overreact as if it were the end of the world whenever something, anything, comes up.  

Garek Maxwell

DarkSniper

Lonely Werewolf

11,850 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Hunter 50
PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 11:48 am
Garek Maxwell
DarkSniper
Really the only reason I told them I was a furry as well, is that I plan to get a collar, and didn't want to have to explain everything to them later, might as well have them explode alot all at once, then drag the whole thing out.

Could've easily passed it off as a style thing. Say it was just a little something versus going all out half shaved hair dyed neon green, wearing nothing but leather and chains and clothes with so many holes they hide nothing.

It's not a lie after all. It's just not the whole story. Corporations do this all the time, so your parents would have been used to it. razz

Just sayin' it's a better alternative. Your parents sound quite messed up in terms of thinking things out logically and such. Overreactions kinda just show it might be in your best interest to simply not tell them everything and continue on your own way. If they question, then simply ask them first if they are going to behave like adults or overreact as if it were the end of the world whenever something, anything, comes up.

Well, I already told them mostly everything that was necessary, their initial reaction was rather surprising, due to the fact that they are pretty open minded. The first few days after telling them were really bad, but at least they seem to have accepted the facts and things are mostly back to normal. I've had other reasons besides just the collar, though that was one of the major contributing factors as to why I told them. Saying it was just a style thing, probably wouldn't fly by them, they tend to notice when I don't tell the entire truth, or lie to them, especially my mom, she can always figure out when I'm hiding something...

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 11:51 am
My mom didn't care at all, but then again.. we're wiccans so we tend not to judge

Still, overall, I go with what 2 The Ranting Gryphon said, "I don't understand why you feel this drive to tell everyone around you private sh*t that they probably didn't even want to know in the first place." It is YOUR business, you have NO obligations to tell ANYONE who you are, what you identify with or as. It may be helpful to tell your family if you plan on getting a fursuit and/or going to a con, but other then that the best case scenario is they're okay with it and maybe even encourage it, worst case scenario, they disown and treat you like a disgrace, the risks outway the NON-existant benifits.

I'm not saying that you shouldn't come out ever and just be a closet case your whole life, but know the risks

And also know that if you're under 18, your parents CAN. NOT. TELL YOU. TO LEAVE. And if they force you out, you can call the police on them for child abandonment

Goddess bless 3nodding  

Alex Jace

Distinct Hunter

5,950 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Informer 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

YukoraDragonheart

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 7:19 pm
Hell, I don't see a problem with it.
Just people with a more... animal aspect. =| ...

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 11:08 pm
If I told them they wouldn't know what I was talking about. They would probably have my brother look it up or something. I have worn my tail around the house and stuff, I told them it was just for fun.  

karate chop kitten

Golden Cat

Sadinda

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 11:39 am
My mom mysteriously finds out everything about me. Their knowledge came about due to my obsession with furry artwork and getting commissions. She loves most of the artwork I receive (she doesn't get to see the adult work razz )
They're ok with it. My dad came and visited me while I was at FC2010 - because my birthday was on the same day as the conference.
My mom and dad also know I am a slave/pet and in a d/s relationship. Let's say they're not so ok about it, but we talked about it and they just care about me and don't want to see me hurt. She's trying and she's getting better about respecting my Master.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 12:38 pm
Oh man, I don't really talk to my mom about it, but she likes my art, my sister and her husband like me to send them some of my drawings every other month or so. BUT my brother still has a hard time getting his brain around things. He doesn't seem to understand that "furry" doesn't always mean "fursuiter" and "fursuiter" does not always equal orgiastic meetings and events.

Now as you may have guessed I have not told them I'm gay/questioning bi yet, but they all seem pretty alright with my hobbies and leave me alone... By brother and sister are 12 and 15 years older than me... Not sure if that's too relivent but it might be lol  

Blackjack O Hare

Excitable Cottontail

16,150 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Lapin Patrol Haldus: Victory! 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Keiko_Ryuu

7,800 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Profitable 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 6:15 pm
Why would I ever tell my family that the only people who know are my boyfriend and my bestfriend/sister. My parents would never understand this and its useless to give them another reason to give me crap. i love what i am and i wouldnt want to be anything else this is a part of me and its helped me discover who i really am as a person  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 3:52 pm
Good thing my brother's my legal guardian, so my parents' opinions don't matter worth a crud xp And of course he's totally cool with it, he even helped me make my newest costume whee  

FluffyKisaragi

5,950 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100

0ntogeny

Shameless Man-Lover

11,500 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 6:08 am
My family knows, i host meets at my home....they actually call me by my fur name instead of my given name...they are really cool with it...

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 4:56 am
I told my mother, and her only response was "keep it up in your room and off my couch", so basically she doesn't care, she's let me have meets at the house and is very cool with it all.

She supports my art, and makes jokes about me being a fur all the time. She's more worried about me doing drugs than being a furry.

(And I don't live with my mother anymore, I live with my boyfriend, who is also a furry. She's met him, and we've stayed at her place when we visit and they get along very well as well.)

So I suppose to my mother, it's something I like, and it's not harmful to me or our relationship. She's done crazy stuff in her life too, and I think that may also have a small part in how she reacts. She really didn't care when I came out of the closet, when she found the adult art I drew, when I came home from my first con with adult comics...the list kinda goes on.  

KouWolf

Senshi_Sailor Harpyia

2,800 Points
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Consumer 100
PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 8:32 am
My mom is okay with it because I explained it to her. My dad however dosent know .. He knows I draw a animal person but dosen't know its a fursona of myself.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 11:15 am
I told my parents a few years ago, and they didn't mind. My mom's wiccan, so she thinks it's okay. My father (who i despise so much) is a furry himself, a Silver Wolf. My bro's a black-and-white tabby, and i'm a red fox. so it's pretty much a family thing >w<  

XxGenesisxXxRhapsodosxX

4,150 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
Adult Furries Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items