Buki_Actual

9,050 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Generous 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 10:59 pm
Fresnel
ArmasTermin
I saw it the other day, and thought it was pretty great. Over-the-top ridiculousness at its finest, pretty funny, good action. I never got to really see the original series, but I'd like to now. Also Jessica Biel's handgun was the subcompact (or do they call it compact?) version of the Px4 Storm.

What was that rifle Hannibal used at the beginning, when he was rescuing Face? It looked like a Ruger Mini-14, but fired in full-auto. Hollywood BS, or just me seeing it wrong?

The pokes at Blackwater were funny. lol
They make one of each. Full, compact, and sub. The sub is ******** hideous. xd

Ruger AC-556. It's exactly that; a full-auto Mini-14. They used them for the props in Starship Troopers.

Bullpup'd with Ithaca 37s underbarrel!  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 11:09 pm
My favorite comedy scene was when the ******** CIA agents where trying to attach the suppressor to the 92fs.

My favorite action scene was the building rappelling scene.  

Buki_Actual

9,050 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Generous 100
  • Signature Look 250

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 2:17 am
Sgt Buckner
My favorite comedy scene was when the ******** CIA agents where trying to attach the suppressor to the 92fs.

"Last request? Let someone else shoot me." xd  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 11:12 am
It's not a silencer it's a suppressor. No turn it counter clockwise...  

Das Rabble Rouser

Invisible Phantom

Shadow Deadeye

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:49 pm
Das Rabble Rouser
It's not a silencer it's a suppressor. No turn it counter clockwise...

Apparently we're not the only ones who have to deal with firearm noobs.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 2:06 pm
Aaaaaaaand if you look out of the right side of the airplane you will see that the right wing is on fire.  

Das Rabble Rouser

Invisible Phantom

Maddness91

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 6:27 pm
Fresnel
Sgt Buckner

"Last request? Let someone else shoot me." xd
my favorite part of the movie xd laughed so hard xd

@rabble: they changed face's character in the original because the guy in the pilot was like 25-30 y/o, so he would have been like 12 y/o when Vietnam was being fought, so he looked to young compared to the other characters, especially Hannibal, considering they were supposed to all be in the same unit (and hence generally same age grouping)...  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 12:04 am
Lt Buckner

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VTWy26RU8jM  

Das Rabble Rouser

Invisible Phantom

Das Rabble Rouser

Invisible Phantom

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 3:39 am
The above youtube link is now invalid. Fox didn't like me sharing that scene from the movie. :C  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 12:52 pm
ArmasTermin
I saw it the other day, and thought it was pretty great. Over-the-top ridiculousness at its finest, pretty funny, good action. I never got to really see the original series, but I'd like to now. Also Jessica Biel's handgun was the subcompact (or do they call it compact?) version of the Px4 Storm.

What was that rifle Hannibal used at the beginning, when he was rescuing Face? It looked like a Ruger Mini-14, but fired in full-auto. Hollywood BS, or just me seeing it wrong?

Hannibal's rifle? AC-556 Ruger Assault Rifle most likely.  

Valkyrie Hatter

7,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100

Das Rabble Rouser

Invisible Phantom

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 4:12 pm
Valkyrie Hatter
ArmasTermin

According to IMFDB it's a Ruger Mini-14 GB-F.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 6:29 pm
Das Rabble Rouser
Valkyrie Hatter
ArmasTermin

if it was auto it was an AC-556

bill ruger was one of the kind of people who believed that civilians should only have sporting type weapons without "evil" features like standard 30 round magazines, folding stocks, and full auto.

pretty much everything the AC556 has on it that mr ruger made sure never made it into civilian hands for as long as he lived.

now that he's dead the availability of factory 30 + round magazines has gone way up

no mini 14 ever sold on the market AFAIK has ever included an AC556 stock unless it was taken off of an AC556 itself later on  

Recon_Ninja_985

Dapper Entrepreneur

7,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50

Valkyrie Hatter

7,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 8:43 pm
Recon_Ninja_985
Das Rabble Rouser
Valkyrie Hatter
ArmasTermin

if it was auto it was an AC-556

bill ruger was one of the kind of people who believed that civilians should only have sporting type weapons without "evil" features like standard 30 round magazines, folding stocks, and full auto.

pretty much everything the AC556 has on it that mr ruger made sure never made it into civilian hands for as long as he lived.

now that he's dead the availability of factory 30 + round magazines has gone way up

no mini 14 ever sold on the market AFAIK has ever included an AC556 stock unless it was taken off of an AC556 itself later on
I liked how the AC-556 had semi, burst and full auto all in one package.

I'm sure you could convert a good AR to fire all three modes but at the cost of the thumb safety.  
Gaia Gun Enthusiasts

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff