Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gamers Promised Land, Gaia's Best Gaming and Pop Culture

Back to Guilds

Gaia's best guild for discussions and contests about Video Games, Pop Culture, general geek stuff, and any kind of discussion! 

Tags: Video Games, Pop culture, chatting, Internet, tournaments 

Reply Main Forum
ATTENTION: Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

darkslasherX
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 11:28 pm
My RL deck is a kinda-sucky blue/black artifact deck, but I play online with a variety of decks, my most successful ones being a bit off-the-wall. I tend to prefer beatdown decks and avoid control, burn, and mill decks, but I dabble nonetheless. I haven't played in any tournaments myself, and I'd probably kinda suck at them.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 10:30 am
ah,yeah i use a blue/white artifact deck, and finished my mirrodin and bant deck not long ago,getting baneslayer angel hopefully and putting it in my artifact deck(mostly angels, sphnixs, bulid up health,and destroying opponet's mana), I like the long, drawn out duels, i enjoy the duel, i don't care if i win or lose, as long as both of us have a good match that's all i want.  

The Ginger Dude

The Ginger Dude

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 10:32 am
The only thing i want to bulid is a great red/blue/white deck, but that will take some time.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 7:34 am
I run a black/blue Vampires deck, a red/green/white creatures deck, a mono-red burn deck, among a few others that are more for fun, really. My most proven is the vampires.  

Crimson Hagane

5,200 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Beta Explorer 0

nitnit
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 11:17 pm
Uhh, I play standard.

Since I didn't want my first tournament deck to cost me a ton of money, I went with mono-black vampires.

It serves me fairly well. (placed 4th out of 16 first tournament I went to, need to go to more).

Also, Ginger, how does your combo work at all in tournaments when legacy is absolutely littered with Force of Will and cheap removal? (I dont see how indestructible platinum angel matters when it can be pathed for 1 mana, lol)

Crimson, why run black/blue vamps? I know a great deal about vampires, and I find it kind of hard for the deck to be viable right now without nocturnuses. Blue spells make nocturnus less useful.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 6:17 am
'Cause I don't have any Nocturnuses. Need to go to the card store and look for some, or buy online.

Actually, I need to look at Nocturnus...  

Crimson Hagane

5,200 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Beta Explorer 0

XxScarecrowxX

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:48 am
Lul I never have anything to say anymore. Except the occasional "HAY I LIEK SOME FALLOUT HURP DURP" and since I couldn't see anyone appreciating that...

Wellll, I just don't post it. XD  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 3:09 pm
Crimson Hagane
'Cause I don't have any Nocturnuses. Need to go to the card store and look for some, or buy online.

He's pretty much the win condition for Vampires, especially against competitive level decks.

I've played a lot of games against decks that can be considered at the higher level, and it's really pretty rare that I win without having him on the field for at least 1 big attack.  

nitnit
Captain

Jonnnn

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 3:18 pm
I play 0-land charbelcher and protean flash. My games last less than two minutes  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 3:31 pm
lol you wish  

nitnit
Captain

Crimson Hagane

5,200 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Beta Explorer 0
PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 3:36 pm
nitnit
Crimson Hagane

He's pretty much the win condition for Vampires, especially against competitive level decks.

I've played a lot of games against decks that can be considered at the higher level, and it's really pretty rare that I win without having him on the field for at least 1 big attack.

Yeah, I saw him. Pretty cool guy. Especially when your vamp strategy is attacking with vampires. My vampire deck operates more on spells and effects rather than actually attacking. I actually want some Nirkana Revenants, despite the fact they also work better in mono-black like Nocturnus. A couple copies of Kalitas would be fun, although I'm not entirely fond of Legendary types. I put two of a single Legendary at most in any deck if ever do put in a Legendary.

Y'know, now I wonder if it'd be a good idea to run Abyssal Persecutor in mono-black vampires... I actually drew one out of a booster the other day, and it looks like it has so much potential...  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 5:48 pm
I don't play in torurnaments, too many idiots( i don't care if i offended you), besides don't boast nit, i can get around that, it just takes time  

The Ginger Dude

The Ginger Dude

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 5:50 pm
And also, platnium angel isn't the main thing to worry anyways.... Black Lotus, the power nine!!!!!  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 7:38 pm
The Ginger Dude
ah,yeah i use a blue/white artifact deck, and finished my mirrodin and bant deck not long ago,getting baneslayer angel hopefully and putting it in my artifact deck(mostly angels, sphnixs, bulid up health,and destroying opponet's mana), I like the long, drawn out duels, i enjoy the duel, i don't care if i win or lose, as long as both of us have a good match that's all i want.

you should post this deck for us to see. I'm curious what the hell you're talking about.  

Jonnnn

nitnit
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:11 pm
The Ginger Dude
And also, platnium angel isn't the main thing to worry anyways.... Black Lotus, the power nine!!!!!

Err.

That's vintage stuff. There are decks that win turn 1 in vintage.

JONNNN and I play standard (type 2) which is only the last 3 block sets. It's arguably more balanced than legacy/vintage, and definitely cheaper to build a decent deck.  
Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff