Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)
Favourite altar/shrine object Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Artistic Genocide

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 8:50 pm
Sanguina Cruenta
You really do xd I just have the one!

Lol! I only have a few, compared to most Greek Recons! I'm actually supposed to have at least five more added to that list, but my living conditions won't permit me to have them.
sweatdrop

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 11:36 pm
ahhhhhhh! I completely forgot about my Eautou Daimon altar!

gonk

I feel bad now... emo I'll list it now to cover it.

Eautou Daimon Altar: the offering bowl I decorated for him/her.

Fun fact: In Hellenic Recon an Eautou Daimon is similar to a spirit guide in neo-paganism or the concept of a "guardian Angel" with most Christians.

Artistic Genocide

Sanguina Cruenta
Vice Captain

Eloquent Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 12:06 am
Like what Socrates had! biggrin  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 12:11 am
I'm not familiar with Socrates. Could I get a source for this?
biggrin

Artistic Genocide

Sanguina Cruenta
Vice Captain

Eloquent Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 12:25 am
What, really? I thought everyone was familiar with Socrates xd

Plato mentioned it a couple of times. From wiki:
Quote:
As further evidence of his task, Socrates reminds the court of his daimon which he sees as a supernatural experience. He recognizes this as partly behind the charge of believing in invented beings.

That was from Apology, I think.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 12:44 am
Well, I should say I'm familiar with Socrates, just not very many of his works, ect. I'm a bad scholar.
xd

Yes, it would seem he is talking about his Eautou Daimon.

Another fun Fact: Eautou Daimons are with you from birth, and their purpose is to look after you and provide luck within your life, and everyone is assigned one.

Artistic Genocide

Sanguina Cruenta
Vice Captain

Eloquent Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 12:49 am
Neat! biggrin  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 11:53 am
hmm okay lol

from the Ancestorial one i'm going to have to say my raven heads.

from my Erzulie, the Veve ^_^ as its one of the center peices  

surukio

HorsesOfTheNight

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 5:49 pm
Hmm. I think my favorite object on my altar is my sand dollar that I found on Whallops island. I also really like the little silver horse head charm I have. The sand dollar represents the ocean and the horse is a symbol of Poseidon.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 7:40 am
Wow, reading about some of the neat things you guys have makes my altar seem so plan. razz

That said, I rather like the pentacle I made out of clay as sort of a centerpiece for my altar. Its hand made, and painted entirely by me.  

Amara Verdandi

Aevey

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 3:30 pm
Oh jeez, I resonate with the items on my altars so much, it's hard to pick just one!

I'd have to say from my Hades altar, it would have to be my athame. It's handcrafted by Lupa, if any of y'all have heard of her. It's very beautiful, made out of a deer bone, bison horn, and fox fur.

From my Persephone altar, which is way small in comparison, it'd probably be my prayer beads that I made dedicated to her. They're made out of green amber, bone, and chaorite.

From my altar to the angels, it'd probably have to be this gorgeous piece of fossilized coral that was sent to me from someone in Florida.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 4:28 pm
My favorite item on my altar would have to be the pentacle I made with some smaller branches from the Ash tree I made my wand from and surrounded with a willow branch from a tree that stood on the shore of the lake I grew up on. The neighbor that owned that property sold it a few years back and the new neighbors cut down that willow.

On my altar I have a small ring with the word Faith on it. The ring was I got when I was in middle school and whenever I was going through a rough time I wore that ring and it helped remind me to have faith in myself and faith that everything would find a way to work out for the best. I wore it during my husband's 15 month deployment to Iraq. When he got home I put it on my shrine at the feet of my goddess statue and it has been there ever since.  

MercyWild

Blessed Seeker

7,475 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Contributor 150

Esiris

Newbie Sophomore

10,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 6:07 pm
I think my favorite piece is a small goddess I made out of clay.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 5:10 pm
I think my favorite piece has changed. I just bought this beautiful mermaid incense burner. She looks very good on my altar with all of my shells! ^_^  

HorsesOfTheNight

citrusrose

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 4:37 pm
hmmm im honestly to sure,Id maybe have to say my rock that has a natual design of a rune on it. I found it in my back yard a few years ago and its been my favorite ever since.  
*~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games