Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Net Slum [a guild for .hack fans]

Back to Guilds

A guild for fans of the anime/game series, dot hack. 

Tags: dot hack, .hack//sign, .hack//G.U., .hack, skeeeeeeeeiiiiiiiittthhh 

Reply @Home
[PROPOSAL] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Is this a good idea?
Yes.
12%
 12%  [ 1 ]
No.
12%
 12%  [ 1 ]
Yes, with tweaks.
62%
 62%  [ 5 ]
It could be better.
12%
 12%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 8

Grieverr

Vice Captain

Anxious Poster

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 7:15 pm
Player Kite
XxGrieverxX
Player Kite
XxGrieverxX
I think I get it. :0 So wait- how do we pick who's which character or is it just whoever wants to cosplay them can be them?

First come first serve. As you can see, I got first normal, and xth Kite.

Ahh ok. :0
So does the money go to the guild and how do we choose the price to start the bid at?

Trades would go to a guild mule, and pricing would be by starting bid. Though, I guess to make the money more interesting, we could have groupdate packages? I dunno.

That sounds good. :0 I do indeed like this idea.
@Midori
Hmmm. I dunno. Well, for the date thing, it could be like a friendly date, ya know?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 11:25 pm
XxGrieverxX
Player Kite
XxGrieverxX
Player Kite
XxGrieverxX
I think I get it. :0 So wait- how do we pick who's which character or is it just whoever wants to cosplay them can be them?

So does the money go to the guild and how do we choose the price to start the bid at?

Trades would go to a guild mule, and pricing would be by starting bid. Though, I guess to make the money more interesting, we could have groupdate packages? I dunno.

@Midori
Hmmm. I dunno. Well, for the date thing, it could be like a friendly date, ya know?

Yeah, just friendly ones, no romance, just like, a first nonserious date. I know I have like what, 180k stashed up as well.
As for time zones, maybe a character-a-day auction? That way everyone gets a shot in. And it begins at 8AM in europe, and for europe, it ends at 11:59 pm, with the us starting at 8AM in the pacific, and ending at 11:59 for pacific.  

All Outta Gum

6,400 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Junior Trader 100

Grieverr

Vice Captain

Anxious Poster

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 6:56 pm
Player Kite
XxGrieverxX
Player Kite
XxGrieverxX
Player Kite
XxGrieverxX

@Midori

Yeah, just friendly ones, no romance, just like, a first nonserious date. I know I have like what, 180k stashed up as well.
As for time zones, maybe a character-a-day auction? That way everyone gets a shot in. And it begins at 8AM in europe, and for europe, it ends at 11:59 pm, with the us starting at 8AM in the pacific, and ending at 11:59 for pacific.

I think the auction should last a little longer than a day so more people have a chance, but I dunno how long. :c  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 4:21 am
XxGrieverxX
Player Kite
XxGrieverxX
Player Kite
XxGrieverxX

@Midori

I think the auction should last a little longer than a day so more people have a chance, but I dunno how long. :c

Just have it last till all of the dates are taken. You can encourage activity by making it so that a person has to have a certain number of posts in order to enter, and they can't all be bumps. If you make it so that each character starts being auctioned on a different day during the week, the event ends at the end of the week and then whoever has the highest bid on each character gets them. Would all of that work?  

Darkly_Doomed

Dapper Lunatic

10,850 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Explorer 100

All Outta Gum

6,400 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Junior Trader 100
PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 10:35 pm
Darkly_Doomed
XxGrieverxX
Player Kite
XxGrieverxX
Player Kite
XxGrieverxX

@Midori

Just have it last till all of the dates are taken. You can encourage activity by making it so that a person has to have a certain number of posts in order to enter, and they can't all be bumps. If you make it so that each character starts being auctioned on a different day during the week, the event ends at the end of the week and then whoever has the highest bid on each character gets them. Would all of that work?

The only issue I see is the post system, that's exclusion.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 9:22 am
Player Kite
Darkly_Doomed
XxGrieverxX
Player Kite
XxGrieverxX

@Midori

The only issue I see is the post system, that's exclusion.

If it was some tiny number like 10 posts, it wouldn't really be exclusion, would it?
Honestly, I only included it because there are a huge number of members of the Net Slum with 0 posts.  

Darkly_Doomed

Dapper Lunatic

10,850 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Explorer 100

Tay Lorien

Lonely Knight

63,925 Points
  • Team Rina 200
  • Fashionable Fancy Dress: Cute 100
  • Wing Mastery 100
PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 1:04 pm
Do you really expect the people with zero posts to POST to win an auction?  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 9:37 pm
Tay Lorien
Do you really expect the people with zero posts to POST to win an auction?

If they love the character enough, yes. On the other side, some who joined may also have forgotten gaia it'sself.  

All Outta Gum

6,400 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Junior Trader 100

Grieverr

Vice Captain

Anxious Poster

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:53 pm
I'm not sure about the posting thing. I dunno. I think that's kind of what ID cards are for, like to get people to post and raise their level.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 3:09 am
XxGrieverxX
I'm not sure about the posting thing. I dunno. I think that's kind of what ID cards are for, like to get people to post and raise their level.

MAybe a One post requirement?  

All Outta Gum

6,400 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Junior Trader 100

Grieverr

Vice Captain

Anxious Poster

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 4:41 pm
Player Kite
XxGrieverxX

I guess? xD
One post isn't that bad.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 4:58 pm
XxGrieverxX
Player Kite
XxGrieverxX

I guess? xD
One post isn't that bad.

Indeed.  

Darkly_Doomed

Dapper Lunatic

10,850 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Explorer 100

Grieverr

Vice Captain

Anxious Poster

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 12:41 pm
Well, we'll set this up soon, probably after our next contest, so look out for it!  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 6:06 pm
Grieverr
Well, we'll set this up soon, probably after our next contest, so look out for it!

Whoa, for reals?! Awesome!
Hm, hopefully there will be good cosplays of characters I like/love available. heart  

Darkly_Doomed

Dapper Lunatic

10,850 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Explorer 100

Grieverr

Vice Captain

Anxious Poster

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 4:47 pm
Well hopefully. xD I'm not exactly sure how to set it up and if I should do one character at a time or multiple and how often I should do it, like should I do it like every week or month?  
@Home

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff