Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anime Conventions: The Global Connection

Back to Guilds

A guild dedicated to sharing/discussing conventions, cosplay, anime, and manga from across the world 

Tags: Convention, Cosplay, Anime, Crossplay, Manga 

Reply Miscellaneous Threads
Crossplay..is it wrong? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

tokkitoria

Brainy Bunny

11,550 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 9:16 am
I don't think it's wrong. I think people should cosplay what they want and what they think they look good as. My favourite cosplay right now is my Hunny(Ouran) cosplay.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 10:24 am
Crossplay is not wrong. I go as a guy all the time and I have a few guy friends who make pretty convincing girls. Not to mention if I didn't crossplay how could I Yoai for candy?  

MisaMaiValentine

7,100 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Flatterer 200

Sachi Kitsune

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 12:21 pm
It's not wrong. Well to me it's okay

At AX I saw a Guy dressed as Celty Sturluson from Durarara!!  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 4:09 pm
It's all good to me. Next year at ACen I'm going to be ether Lord Canti, and my friend is going as Haruko Haruhara.  

ninja-Lx

Thieving Rogue

JouninK

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 5:11 pm
half of my cosplays are CROSSplays. There's nothing wrong with it, it's just a costume.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 5:37 pm
I love crossplays. I saw some pretty hot ones at Con-Nichiwa.  

Ralyle

Shirtless Hunter

7,700 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Kurenai-Shinju

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 6:03 pm
I see it no different as theater and such. Think back to plays such as Peter Pan. A lot of boys are played by females, and sometimes women are played by men. That's how I convinced my mom it was OK. When I was a ballet dancer I had to play a farmer boy.

I mostly crossplay because I tend to look better as a bishounen than an anime girl. They're just too unrealistic, with their huge chests and such.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 7:57 pm
Kurenai-Shinju
I see it no different as theater and such. Think back to plays such as Peter Pan. A lot of boys are played by females, and sometimes women are played by men. That's how I convinced my mom it was OK. When I was a ballet dancer I had to play a farmer boy.

I mostly crossplay because I tend to look better as a bishounen than an anime girl. They're just too unrealistic, with their huge chests and such.

Good point! Not only Peter Pan, but remember John Travolta as the mother in Hairspray? biggrin Sometimes roles just work better that way due to the voice/abilities the character will need smile

I'd love to crossplay more (only have one guy costume in the works right now), but unfortunately it's nearly impossible for me to bind my chest for a long period of time... It leaves really bad marks on my back and makes it difficult for me to breathe. Currently, I use a wide Ace bandage to bind my chest. Any suggestions for other ways that don't hurt as much?  

jyrotika

5,150 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Window Shopper 100

Breezes

Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 10:19 pm
No..whatever gave you that idea, did someone say something?

I'm glad I'm androgynous 'cause I can crossplay a lot of things
biggrin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:18 pm
I've cosplayed one girl out of the four guys I have cosplayed. xD I just haven't found a lot of girl characters that I'm fond of is all. So I guess my obvious answer is no, I don't think that crossplay is wrong.  

MAWsicle

Myopsida

Demonic Dabbler

9,475 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Overstocked 200
PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 6:19 pm
I love me some crossplay, mainly BroHous. The only thing that bothers me about some females cosplaying is when they crossplay a fairly masculine character but have very feminine facial features. This can easily be disguised with make up. Sometimes it's passable but other times it just looks weird without some kind of make up.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:13 pm
I am okay with it the important thing is 4 the cosplayer 2 enjoy themselves. I might crossplay a female glaceon (my freinds asked me 2 do it >.<)  

Extreme Cuddler
Crew

Sparkly Sex Symbol

ll dell Orso ll

Tipsy Gawker

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 9:51 am
It isn't wrong... in fact I'm making my husband cosplay Kuranosuke from Kuragehime. Kuranosuke is a crossdresser.
So is that technically crossplay if his character is a male who likes to crossdress? Yay!~
((... starting work on the demon cowprint hot pants later this week))

Also, inserting a "That's a dude" or "That dude as boobs" is always fun to pop into conversation.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 5:29 pm
If crossplaying is wrong,then im screwed XD  

The Forbidden Confession

5,900 Points
  • Market Browser 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Miscellaneous Threads

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash