Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply The Official Australian Guild
Is there too much censorship in this guild? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you think there is too much censorship in the guild?
Yes
56%
 56%  [ 9 ]
No
43%
 43%  [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 16

TrickYMickY

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 6:22 am
I dont think that there is anything wrong with a bit of 'clutter' it is the sign of an active and productive guild.
A problem that I have experienced with subforums in other guilds is that unless it is a really active guild with hundreds of active posters, then whatever gets put into subforums quickly dies off.
Whatever threads are more active will just be at the top anyway so why not just let people 'go for it'?  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 7:58 pm
finally more people with balls!! i think there is way to much ******** censorship in this guild!!

i say we appoint streek for guild leader!!  

nrasjaa

Delithraldur

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 9:00 pm
I think I have pointed out my opinion many times before, so I have nothing more to say about this topic.
So, don't any one of you come crawling to me asking me to speak up.
Arguements about the "censorship" or this guild have been brought up over like 5 or 6 threads not including this one.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 9:56 pm
I've only recently joined and this is the second thread I've read and I'm not liking what I'm seeing about this guild.

DNA alone is making me want to quit. I think he's a little too power-trippy. GaiaOnline is supposed to be fun, the guilds are supposed to be fun and I thought that an Australian one would top them all for fun-ness but...

I'm going to stick around for a couple more days... read some more threads etc, but seriously if I feel that this guild just isn't going to be enjoyable to be a part of I'm gone. I'll go create my own Australian guild where all the sports aren't just dumped into the one topic, making it confusing, etc. (Come on, there are thousands of sports and you can't have a 'logical' conversation about one sport when there are 20 other people trying to talk about different other sports... too confusing! mad )

Thanks for your time...

Shisno  

Shisno

WellzY
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 10:00 pm
When I read through this, the one thing ringing through my head was trying to get more members. Now that you've created advertising material, I hope that we can increase our masses, and hopefully keep them interested.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 10:01 pm
First: Vice Captain rank does exist. Lili just does not want anyone in the guild to have this specific rank due to the fact it would cause a riot.

Second:

I vote we ask Lili to either
A: Spend some time setting up sub forums.
B: Apoint someone as Vice Captain for the time it takes for them to Set up sub forums.

If sub forums cost money, i dont see why we cant afford it. We're all rolling in unclean money.  

WarriorShadow

Shisno

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 10:05 pm
WellzY
When I read through this, the one thing ringing through my head was trying to get more members. Now that you've created advertising material, I hope that we can increase our masses, and hopefully keep them interested.

gonk I've just noticed that for the signature it's cropped part of it!

Maybe I made it too long... sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 10:07 pm
nrasjaa
finally more people with balls!! i think there is way to much ******** censorship in this guild!!

i say we appoint streek for guild leader!!

Im pretty sure Streek quit the guild....i havnt seen him post in like...ever.  

WarriorShadow

WellzY
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 10:07 pm
Shisno
WellzY

Mehbeh. Do you think it matters that much though?  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 10:08 pm
WarriorShadow

If sub forums cost money, i dont see why we cant afford it. We're all rolling in unclean money.

I thought guilds weren't allowed to use the money they get from fees/donations as that aspect wasn't up and running yet...

I looked into all the guild stuff because I was interested in creating my own guild and one of the things I remember was that you can charge a entry fee and get donations but you can't use any of that gold yet as they were still developing things... but perhaps that's just old and someone hasn't updated it?  

Shisno

Shisno

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 10:11 pm
WellzY
Shisno
WellzY

Mehbeh. Do you think it matters that much though?

Well I could always fix it... it's not that hard to resize something as to paint a flag that has ripples... 3nodding  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 10:11 pm
Shisno
WarriorShadow

I thought guilds weren't allowed to use the money they get from fees/donations as that aspect wasn't up and running yet...

I looked into all the guild stuff because I was interested in creating my own guild and one of the things I remember was that you can charge a entry fee and get donations but you can't use any of that gold yet as they were still developing things... but perhaps that's just old and someone hasn't updated it?

I was going of DNA's comment about money..or cost effective or something, i assumed it must cost money to set them up. *shrug*  

WarriorShadow

Ozumou

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 10:12 pm
DNA_Guru

Most of these decisions I have made have been on the merit of the thread, where it was headed. I'm all for foresight and I have exacted such things on that idea in the past.
Australian outfits in gaia....that was simply stupidity. The ideas where stereotyping the Australian way of life which I don't want.
It's a thread that wasn't necessary for discussion, I don't see any of the other moderators disagreeing with me either.
Such a thread wasn't needed simply because the idea was absurd, logically improbable, and not very well thought out. People don't see the big picture.

Your reading of a few threads hardly qualifys you as a guild Historian. I've been here since the beginning I understand the members, I understand what the history is, I know what it means.

And I stand by the fact that I am for free speech, but not anarchy. People do not have the right to say certain things if they can't back them up. That's what I'm saying. Free speech is one thing, but you have to have the evidence to back it up.

First question then:
Why was not the reason why the thread locked made clear when it was locked?
All I saw was you stating you disagreed and locking the thread
while at the same time making illogical comments and making insulting
statements about me with no back up.

Question 2) Why is it stupid to want our own outfits?
I do not believe I was stereotyping Australians, I did
not demand that we all go and buy these clothes and wear them, I was not suggesting they be forced on others.
I merely thought it would be nice to introduce Australian Culture
to Gaia. You disagreed, why was I then not allowed to argue my point?
And why is your point of view automatically right without challeng?
It APPEARS that any point of view other than your own is not allowed.

Question 3) Whats wrong with a bit of fun?
In every other guild I am in, threads which are a bit of fun are not a problem.
Who cares if it was not going to happen. If we cannot have a hypothetical
discussion about a clothes wish list, what can we discuss?
If an Australian Guild is not the place to talk about Australian
clothes, where is? It was not a necessairy discussion, it
was a bit of fun.
What is a necesairy discussion?

Question 4) What are the rules of this guild anyway?
My thread on Austrlaian clothese did not break any rules that I could see, and "stupid" threads dont seem to banned.
When I, shortly after joining, pressed the NEXT button, and replied to some threads that were there, I was accused of "DIGGIN UP DEAD AND BURIED THREADS" I saw no rules about this in the guild
I did not think going to page 2 constituted digging up, and if they were dead and buried and I was not to open them , why were they not locked?

I have no problem with rules, if they are applied and explained.
I would have happily changed the clothes thread to
"What Australian outfits would you like to see on Gaia?"
if I had been asked to, instead I log in and it is locked.

If I knew there was a rules about not replying to threads on the
next page, I would not have. But I even asked for clarification
of the rule and am still waiting.

p.s. I do not have a problem with closing the Cronula media thread.
it did break the no repeat rule, so fair enough.
Also, good to see DNA_Guru not locking this thread and being willing
to talk about it.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 10:34 pm
WarriorShadow
Shisno
WarriorShadow

I was going of DNA's comment about money..or cost effective or something, i assumed it must cost money to set them up. *shrug*

Yeah I was a bit confused about that too... maybe he's trying to grasp at straws? confused  

Shisno

The Official Australian Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces