Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Animal Lovers Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for all animal lovers and pet owners 

Tags: animal lovers, pets, animals, cats birds dogs fish reptile, official animal lovers guild 

Reply Main Forum
A few questions.. (Reptiles) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ananszi

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 8:55 am
Thanks.
--
Wow. I had the biggest scare this morning. I thought he was dead. I always check to see where he's at in the morning, and he wasn't where he usually was, in fact, I couldn't see him at all. I moved the moss, and there he was.. he had dug his way under there sometime last night, but I couldn't check to see if he was breathing or anything. It scared the crap out of me. After a while he moved around, and he's fine now. I removed the moss for now and put a bunch of fake leaves. Is there any reason why he did this?

And also, how often do they shed?  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 9:26 am
sometimes they will burry themselves under their substrate if they are cold. he could have just been trying out a new hiding spot though. jack will sometimes hide under his paper towels and my room is 80F

and ive got no idea how often they shed. they shed at night usually and they eat it afterwards.  

Shanna66

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200

Ananszi

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 10:37 am
The temperature in the cage was around 75. After I moved the moss, he woke up and was moving around his cage. He's in his usual hiding spot now. It just scared me at first. And I didn't know if there was any particular reason for it. I heard someone say that sometimes they will do that because they like the moisture underneath there, or something.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 1:17 pm
it may have been the humidity or him just being weird. if you want you can try spraying down the tank more often  

Shanna66

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200

Ananszi

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 5:25 pm
Yeah. Thanks. :]  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:11 am
I got a 18x18x24 exo-terra tank. It was the Mayan rainforest one. I love it. :]
User ImageUser Image  

Ananszi

Shanna66

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 1:07 pm
i want that background!  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 1:23 pm
Yeah, it's pretty awesome. Though I didn't expect it to be made out of Styrofoam. (sp?)  

Ananszi

Shanna66

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 1:42 pm
thats waht most backgrounds are made of in reptile tanks. its safe so dont worry.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 3:09 pm
Oh. Either way.. it's still pretty awesome.  

Ananszi

Shanna66

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:08 pm
yes it is smile  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 9:58 am
I suppose since it's made out of styrofoam, I'll have to be careful when cleaning it?  

Ananszi

Shanna66

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 3:04 pm
i just rinse mine off outside and sometimes wipe viniger on it and rinse some more. you can also just wipe it with a papre towel gently  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 9:30 am
Alright. Thanks. :]  

Ananszi

Ananszi

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 6:27 pm
This is the most fired up that I have ever seen him. He never looks very green in the pictures I take. :/ Ah well.

Is it normal for adult cresties to be very calm? I'll watch youtube videos of peoples cresties who are jumping all over the place, mine just kinda.. sits there.. all day long. And I never see him move, I just notice that he's in a different spot than he was 20 minutes ago. I have no idea how old he is, I forgot to ask. All that I know is he's an adult.  
Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff