teenage jobs-Part time/full time Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lai Woun
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 12:10 am
I'm pretty sure that if you type in certain places that you want to work at in google you can come up with a website and you should be able to submit a resume through there. I know you can do that for woolworths anyway...  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 1:21 am
Sometimes it's better to apply in person, because some companies don't list all their available positions online. neutral  

WellzY
Crew

Sezebel

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 3:53 pm
WellzY; the problem with that is I only have a week of free - time to be down there. I need to apply now, talk to them through e-mail if listed (Which I've noticed certain companies that I have applied to do.) and let them know of the current situation. I need things set up now, before I go. My situation is complicated and need things in line before I go down there. So I can take my interview and hope the best you know?

If I don't get a job in that week, I have to come back to America and that is the LAST thing I need/want right now. confused

*Rambles nervously.* Anyways...like I said, I am in a complicated situation.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 4:13 pm
Websites for clothes stores that let you apply/inquire online:

Supre

Jeans West

Just Jeans

Sportsgirl

Portmans

Also some "everything" stores:

Target

Myer

There's more, but I'm not sure where abouts in Melbourne you're moving... those are just some nice, general stores that can be found everywhere.
EDIT: Also, some of those stores (Jeans West & Sportsgirl, for example) only let you apply online rather than in person.

JewelsSparkle

WellzY
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 10:33 pm
I also think that JayJay's only lets you apply with a letter application to their head-office.

If you really need a job though, don't be too shy about the places you ask.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 1:35 am
All over Australia the minimum age for minor employment is 14years 9 months, except in the state of Victoria where it's 15.

Naturally, I've just over 14 and 9months, and I live in Victoria. Typical. So much for a summer job.

It really depends on where you live, how old you are, what you're interested in and what if any qualification stuff you have. When I can, I'll be applying in places like Borders bookstores, perhaps, Baker's Delight and cafes up at my local shopping strip...Coles/Safeway if there's nothing else, but what I'd love would be working at Hoyt's cinemas. =p

If you just need a checkout-chick-style job, Coles would be good - they let you apply online to all of the ColesMyer corp here

Another couple of months, damnit...  

evilwickedstrawberry

Sezebel

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 1:28 pm
My pixelated love burns for you all. <_<

Thank you all for helping me on my job - hunting. I will be checking the links shortly. ^_^

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 8:58 pm
lol i work at kfc, lol it sucks but hey it gives me the moolah i need... lol, i am in the line for a promotion to a manager (casual ofcorse i still have uni and stuff)  

[Jena.Tahlia]

8,300 Points
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Overstocked 200
  • Profitable 100

Xan-Phorie Rei

Shy Unicorn

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 9:09 pm
mycareer.com.au

and also

seek.com.au

for all your job hunting needs etc xd  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 3:31 am
mm, well, you could always go and work at fast food places, like maccas! or just wander around looking for 'position availiable' signs...  

Chizxa

[Jena.Tahlia]

8,300 Points
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Overstocked 200
  • Profitable 100
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 4:15 am
WellzY
Sometimes it's better to apply in person, because some companies don't list all their available positions online. neutral

or exactly the opposite, some places ONLY accept online applications, but yeah if u go to the website they would probably have a thing on how to apply for a job, if the option for in person is there then that is usually best...  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 4:47 am
Remember there will always be postions open in telemarketing.  

neo-hippy

The Milleh Machine

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 5:37 am
Try (In the country area, where I live) places like Coles, Woolworths or Target-countrys. These places, always looking for workers.
Or, you could try Chooks. xD
Also, a good place to start looking in are small buisneses.
I've worked in 3, and they've all liked my help and support. xD

You won't get much, but it's enough. :3

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 6:17 am
meh good luck, it should be ok, depends what you were after. you should be ok but most people would prefer a slave on a minimum wage 3nodding or you could work your way up, i've been at wendys for a while and now im one of the senior staff members. the ice cream must have really gone to their heads when they decieded it would be a good idea to leave me in charge xd  

nrasjaa

teagzy91

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 6:43 pm
Nightmare.Animation
I will be moving down to Australia either this summer(winter down there.) or next summer. I need to know if there is any teenage jobs avialable? I've done job searching, but I can't find any jobs wanting a 17 year old. neutral
thats probably cause it's ilegal to hire based on age just go hand ur resume in at places when u get here  
The Official Australian Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff