Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply The Lavender Lounge .: Questions and Assistance :.
Q&A- You got Questions, We got anwsers ^^ Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 12 13 14 15 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

blukattt
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 4:11 pm
x__CrimsonRegret
Jameta
Christo Minaverus
well i remember something about someone who use to have astral travel. it was extra333 i am not sure if any one else is here who can help. ill research it i am curious about it myself. i have never tried it. could be enlightening. It is said though that in dreams we are always out of body so maybe that could also be true. i hardly ever dream. 3nodding
Ehh, from what I hear, Extra was a predator and scam.

Astral projection is an advanced technique, and even though one may be gifted at it, time will be needed to gain control. When you so have those sporadic moments, focus on how your feeling, and then as you're resting at night, try to bring back those feelings. This may be one of those hit-and-miss experiences where you have to try multiples times to figure out which is the best way for you to connect.

PsiPog.net may have soemthing...

I remember Christo or Blu mentioning Extra333 when I was talking to them when I first joined the guild..

yeah I remember him being a predator brought up
Must have been Christo; I do remember Extra though, an odd vibe to him indeed.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 7:32 pm
blukattt
Jameta
QueenCrystal
I know a guy at school...He looks very paleish. He wears a black hoodie all the time and has body jewely hoops in his ear. Sometime time he wears a beadshot necklice. I dont know if hes wiccan/pagan or not, but I talk to him sometimes. I want to be friends with him but I dont know how to ask him, so I just say hi to him everynow and then. Hes really cute/cool. So, you guys think hes wiccan or something?
Nah, just because you look one way doesn't mean you are something. Unless they're flamboyant about it, aka, having a giant pentacle hanging from their neck. sweatdrop Get to know him a bit more for his personality before you ask about his faith, IMO. 3nodding
3nodding I agree with Jameta; you can't judge a book by its cover. I personally know a pagan who is the head of the Education at my local university, and wears suits. Pagans are in all walks of life; likewise any religious following. He might just dress that way because it looks cool to him. You could always bring up pagan-related subjects subtly, and check his responses, before declaring yourself pagan to him, and possibly into the sights of harassment. Discretion would be the keyword here. 3nodding
Ohh I understand. Thanks guy's, I'll bring it up Monday if I see him. I'll be like, so...do you believe in Wicca or Paganism, or somethng like that, and listen to what he says.  

QueenCrystal

x__CrimsonRegret

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 5:35 pm
I was wondering, I was out looking for a Tarot deck (found one) and I notice that nearly everyone said Faerie Magick Tarot or something..

I bought one that was a Faerie deck, what's the difference between them?

I bought a few other books but they're upstairs and don't remember the names razz

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 11:42 am
x__CrimsonRegret
I was wondering, I was out looking for a Tarot deck (found one) and I notice that nearly everyone said Faerie Magick Tarot or something..

I bought a few other books but they're upstairs and don't remember the names razz

The difference between tarot decks varie. The most obvious difference is the artwork. You might like the art work of one over the other. It really has to do with preference. But you have to be careful since the symbolism within the cars may be too complex for you to understand or your just not familliar with those types of symbols. The thing about Tarot is that there is a deck for every person. As there many decks of playing cards there many types of Tarot cards. Even though one may seem pretty it could not have the right significance or meaning for you, this is why people usually go with the Universal Rider-Waite deck becaus it is universal using a multitude of different symbols from different paths. Some tarot decks, their cards mean totaly different things, but at core of the divination tool it is how you the cartomancer feel about the deck as a whole. When purchasing a deck try to see if you can actually take a look at the deck before you purchase it... or you could just leave it up to fate it's up to you. Tarot in itself is as complex or simple as you want it to be and can be fully integrated into whatever personal beliefs you hold for yourself. I'm sure you could even use it and their symbols as a tool to focus energy into a spell/ritual. Since there is no solid form of what the cards represent we use symbols to best interpert them as we can. For instance the christians do not know what their god looks like or Jesus for that matter so whether they like to believe it or not they are using symbols like the cross to represent to them what their understanding of the power is.
On a side note I find it interesting that the Pagans were one of the first to use symbols to represent things they could not easily describe, then when christians came along they took this idea and some of our symbols and made them their own.
I hope this answered your question.  

Aloyseus_Wolf

Keistera

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 6:01 pm
x__CrimsonRegret

I second the Rider-Waite recommendation. A friend of mine asked a local Tarot Reader what she should use to learn, and she was told Rider-Waite. Apparently, that's the one that all others are based on (And looking at my own decks, I can believe it). I'm using the Crowley-Thoth deck (because I had the chance to order it, and I had to have it).

You may want to pick up a book on the Tarot. I've heard "Mythic Tarot" is a good one to go with the Rider-Waite deck, but... I don't know for sure. Just because I enjoy study doesn't mean you will. Hehe. smile

On the topic of Extra333... I wouldn't suggest taking him seriously. I couldn't... it was just... impossible for me. *shrugs*  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 7:07 pm
Keistera
x__CrimsonRegret

I second the Rider-Waite recommendation. A friend of mine asked a local Tarot Reader what she should use to learn, and she was told Rider-Waite. Apparently, that's the one that all others are based on (And looking at my own decks, I can believe it). I'm using the Crowley-Thoth deck (because I had the chance to order it, and I had to have it).

You may want to pick up a book on the Tarot. I've heard "Mythic Tarot" is a good one to go with the Rider-Waite deck, but... I don't know for sure. Just because I enjoy study doesn't mean you will. Hehe. smile

On the topic of Extra333... I wouldn't suggest taking him seriously. I couldn't... it was just... impossible for me. *shrugs*

Actually, I thought I bought a Faerie deck, but I remember at the last moment switching..

And of course, it was "The Mythic Tarot"
It came with this black silk with the Celtic Cross layout.. only thing is the cards don't fit into the squares that are on there x_x  

x__CrimsonRegret

QueenCrystal

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 3:47 am
Is telepathy really possible? I forgot how to say it, but its like when you read other peoples minds, and other people can read yours. Or mearly communicating with someone through your mind.

If it is possible, is it possible through being pagan/ wiccan? What is it possible through?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 3:52 am
QueenCrystal
Is telepathy really possible? I forgot how to say it, but its like when you read other peoples minds, and other people can read yours. Or mearly communicating with someone through your mind.

If it is possible, is it possible through being pagan/ wiccan? What is it possible through?

Some people throw more of this magic into the religion of Paganism and Wicca, however they are not linked together by a steel chain. It seems to me you want more of the magical side of the religions, however you don't have to have a religion to do said magic. There are (and I hate using this word) Magicians who practice Telepathy, Pyrokinesis, Hydrokinesis and the sort, and actually follow only trace amounts of religion, if any. I remember earlier you stated you were an Atheist, which leads me to believe that you're more interested in the magical side, rather than the religious part, no?  

x__CrimsonRegret

QueenCrystal

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 4:08 am
x__CrimsonRegret
QueenCrystal

Some people throw more of this magic into the religion of Paganism and Wicca, however they are not linked together by a steel chain. It seems to me you want more of the magical side of the religions, however you don't have to have a religion to do said magic. There are (and I hate using this word) Magicians who practice Telepathy, Pyrokinesis, Hydrokinesis and the sort, and actually follow only trace amounts of religion, if any. I remember earlier you stated you were an Atheist, which leads me to believe that you're more interested in the magical side, rather than the religious part, no?
Oh, Well it doesnt matter to me, I like both parts, really. I just also like the extra that comes with the religion, like the magick for example. But I am a little into buddist/wicca right now and im working some things out.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 4:09 am
QueenCrystal
x__CrimsonRegret
QueenCrystal

Oh, Well it doesnt matter to me, I like both parts, really. I just also like the extra that comes with the religion, like the magick for example. But I am a little into buddist/wicca right now and im working some things out.

I see..

Which leads me to an interesting point (directed at no one).. but I'll save it for the next Daily Discussion  

x__CrimsonRegret

QueenCrystal

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 4:32 am
x__CrimsonRegret
QueenCrystal
x__CrimsonRegret
QueenCrystal

I see..

Which leads me to an interesting point (directed at no one).. but I'll save it for the next Daily Discussion
Ehm? o.0  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 12:23 pm
QueenCrystal
x__CrimsonRegret
QueenCrystal
x__CrimsonRegret
QueenCrystal

I see..

Ehm? o.0

Okay... this is my take on telepathy. Body language goes a long way and sometimes it's confused with telepathy. But sometimes you can just look at someone and known what they are thinkinf/feeling. I'm not quite sure if this is what most people think when they think of telepathy, but one would think being a total empath would help if it did exist (not denying or undenying it)  

Aloyseus_Wolf

Keistera

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 6:22 pm
My belief is that body language does have a lot to do with it. Sometimes, though, if you spend enough time with a person, some things happen that make you think you're a "telepath." You finish each other's sentences, you seem to know what the other is going to say... aside from stuff like that, I think "Telepathy" is more of a media thing. Fantasy.

Magic(k) is not the only aspect of Wicca and other Pagan religions. Some traditions don't incorporate it into practice at all. Wicca certainly isn't all about magic! You can have magic without Wicca, and vice-versa. Ceremonial magicians, for example. Groups like Golden Dawn and O.T.O. (which Wicca has basis from). You can't tell a Wiccan by looking at him or her (I dress in Ozzy shirts, entirely in black, and a single small pentacle. I've been asked if I was a Satanist, but not Pagan or Wiccan). I say "Pagan or Wiccan", even though Wicca is Pagan (but you don't have to be Wiccan to be Pagan).

There isn't enough room on gaia to get into defining Paganism. Everyone has a different idea of what it is. Some say "Non Christian Religion", others say "Earth-Based Religion"... there are several ideas.

Again, I'm going off-topic. I'm sure a lot of the things I've learned will be debunked somehow, but we're all here to learn (and some are here to teach)

... Time to run away. razz (I hope I didn't ruin your discussion post idea... lol!)  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 7:26 pm
User Image

Accurate or no?

I got it from www.WitchWay.net

I found that site about a year or so ago.  

x__CrimsonRegret

Atma311
Crew

4,350 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 7:45 pm
About tarot cards, I have a book and some cards that say two different things. One says 8 is strength and 11 is justice while the other says the opposite. Which is right?  
The Lavender Lounge .: Questions and Assistance :.

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 12 13 14 15 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games