Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Grammar Guild

Back to Guilds

The Gaian Grammar Guild is a refuge for the literate, a place for them to post and read posts without worrying about the nonsensical ones. 

Tags: grammar, literate, english, language 

Reply Gaian Grammar Guild
Grammar Nazis: Giving intelligent people a bad name Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Are you a grammar nazi?
  yes: i is.
  I can be.
  No, I'm not a BITTTCH!
  Yes, I am.
View Results

Mutturqueen

6,350 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 9:15 am
If its just some spelling, (I, myself, am a bad speller) I think it is going way to far. Everyone makes mistakes, everyone.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 5:58 pm
I'm not a Grammar Nazi. As long as they're friendly, I'm generally tolernat of n00bs and their misspellings. I let other people flame them. The fact that I'm lazy also helps.

Shrocomemos

Thalestris

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 9:06 am
I can get really frustrated when someone is attempting to argue logically with another person and can't/won't spell/use proper grammar. Honestly, if you want me to take you completely seriously, you have to put forth the effort in organizing your thoughts intelligently. Otherwise, don't waste my time.

They way you communicate says much about you. If you present yourself as a complete incompetent, I will take that into consideration when you argue with me.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 3:45 pm
Technically... wouldn't a grammar nazi be somebody who's... against grammar? I mean, the Nazi's hated Jews, they didn't love them. Not that we call the Jew Nazi's. Since it's naturally assumed.

o_O

[Amonie]

Ame Yuki Kaze

Clean Seeker

4,100 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 8:35 am
Technically you're right. The word nazi has come to be associated with being a tight-a** about something. You have the health nazis who want to get smoking banned in bars and pop and brownies banned in schools. You have the gun control nazis who want all private ownership of firearms outlawed. You have the moralitiy nazis who want all swearing, violence and sex removed from TV (how boring would that be?!). And now you have the grammar nazis who are so a**l retentive about spelling and grammar that one little typo sends them into a flaming fit, which often contains a few typos in and of itself.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 2:09 pm
Everyone says I'm a grammar nazi. I agree with them only to a point. If someone is typing something, and there are like one or two errors on it, that's ok. I'll tell them what they spelled wrong, so they don't make the same mistake in the future, but if someone is misspelling just about everything, I correct everything and kinda give them a spelling/grammar lesson.  

[Kaleidoscope]

lola_siannodel

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 2:17 pm
I ususaly try not to. If someone wants to type that way, let them. Although sometimes it gets annoying.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 7:21 pm
I can be if provoked. When someone asks me to read something, I often find myself scanning it for errors while I read. Sometimes, just reading other people's work makes my head hurt. The funny thing is, I want to be an English teacher. Talk about ironic. Anyway, back on topic. As I was saying before, I can be a grammar natzi, but I am catching myself on it a lot more now than I was before.  

Lily-Anne-Marie

SilverMaple

Sparkly Lover

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 5:31 am
I've never corrected anyone, I am no grammar nazi, but sometimes, I have to bite my tongue in order not to scream. Take my friend for instance, this is her MSN profile... (It's written in French, but even if you don't understand, you can see that it clearly is "txt tlk")

"Sans toi jss rien, tu m mank,jpense ts le tps a toi! mn bb jtm tro! me tt ls jors jme 2man2 si tu mm otan ke moi jtm heart -pete sa mere le concert/// heart heart Si jss jalouse com ca c pck"

For God's sake, WHERE ARE THE APOSTROPHES!!!! scream  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 11:02 am
Lord Thatlatu of the Tofu
The Grammar Nazis wouldn't let me in, because I corrected all 8 mistakes on their homepage at the time. rofl
heart You are officially my hero now.  

Jagdpanzer!

Jagdpanzer!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 11:03 am
[Amonie]
Technically... wouldn't a grammar nazi be somebody who's... against grammar? I mean, the Nazi's hated Jews, they didn't love them. Not that we call the Jew Nazi's. Since it's naturally assumed.

o_O
The plot thickens. o:  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 12:29 pm
I just don't like it when people use "txt talk." It gets really annoying to have to read through all that.  

Sarla-chan

Ame Yuki Kaze

Clean Seeker

4,100 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 3:10 pm
Hardcore grammar nazis are generally jackasses. I prefer the gentle approach. You know the old saying, "You'll get more flies with honey than with vinegar."

to too, Nazi's Nazis, ususaly usually, natzi nazi  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 6:19 pm
I'm not a grammar nazi, I know someone who loves bad grammar though... gah.  

Archdemonessa

P-Nutty

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 4:02 am
As long as you have capital letters and full stops and spell most words correctly, it's not a problem. I don't mind the odd spelling error either but if you're talking all in l33t then I will comment on it.

Of course if you have dyslexia then obviously you have a reason, but still there are spell checkers.

Gaian Grammar Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff