Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Paradoxismminant
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 10:29 pm
jermannium_PT
Paradoxismminant

I read really fast, but even though I finish things a lot faster than other people, I'm reading at a pace that's comfortable for me XD. Like it feels like a "normal" speed when I read. Total reality distortion XD.

But I mean, manga usually takes me a half hour or less because I like to read everything, including the special stuff and the author's notes and all that XDD. And a lot of the times the print is smaller, which makes me slower.

It's basically just what's comfortable C:

Lol a SPEEDY DEMON! rofl . Haha , I know what u feel smile )) . If I get hooked into that certain novel I really can finish it quickly lol. At first I was slow..but then after that , I became pretty fast. And its kinda disappointing, being able to finish the book so early , and feeling incomplete (LOL) XDD
Yeah XD, Which is why I hardly ever actually buy books...because I finish way too fast  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 7:39 pm
I read pretty fast, and sometimes when I read too fast I read without really knowing what i'm reading. ninja  

XDGal

5,550 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200

anthro-girl15

5,550 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 3:42 am
I read pretty quickly. Sometimes I read so quickly that people ask me if I was just skimming over the page. Once, I got into a LARGE novel and I finished it in a quarter of the time that the smartest person in my reading and english class did. (We're both in advanced reading and english)  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 8:27 pm
I think I read at an average level.
I deff don't read fast, but I don't think I read slow either.

handsoff

Derpy Chocobo

3,500 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:52 am
I consider my reading speed to be average.

I know a lot of people who can read faster than me, but if I try to scan the page too fast my comprehension plummets and then I'll just have to read it over again because I won't know what the heck is going on.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 8:21 pm
I read pretty quickly. To give an idea, I can finish a 1000+ page book in 2.5 to 3 days but if I read continuously I can read a 600-700 page book in less than 6 hours. biggrin  

Angelique Sedai

5,250 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200

Green_crayon42

Interesting Gekko

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 1:42 pm
I read very slowly.I have comprehension(sp?) problems, and am a lazy butt. A lot of the time I have to reread chapters or paragraphs to make sure I get what just happened. I can read quickly, but..mostly I set a very slow pace so I can understand it.
Also I do read out loud to myself when I can, or even just whisper it so that I can hear it. In this case, it's easier to hear to understand, then see to understand. In school, I even had the End of Grade test read to me once.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 2:52 pm
I read faster if I am interested in the book xd  

TheNewLibrarian

Witty Informer

9,600 Points
  • Piepitcher 100
  • Cheerleader 200
  • Way Too Many Pies 300

Green_crayon42

Interesting Gekko

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:52 am
Last night I began The Two Towers. I checked the time when I began the book, it was 10:00..when I checked again it was 11:00. ish. and I was on page 40 at the time. so 40 pages in an hour...? i wonder if that's good or average or slow...i wasn't trying to time myself, I just check the time a lot.
well, chapter 1 did start on page 17.
maybe i should time myself and just see..  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 9:50 am
i read super fast, im talking, zip lightning-hardly understand it the first time around fast, i often have to read the paragraph again because i read too fast  

t3hHappygasm

Sparkly Fatcat

tomb_robber_girl

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 1:29 pm
Slow. If I don't think I grasped a sentence or paragraph properly, I'll go back and re-read it over and over until I do. Slightly OCD in that aspect, and makes reading a book take much longer than the regular person.  
PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 3:35 pm
Honestly? It really depends on the book. My reading speed can fly when I like a book and crawl when I don't. If say, I'm in the middle reading a section of a book which consists of 10 pages of descriptive prose, describing a field in Summer, and I'm really, really not getting into it, then my speed will slow down, to the point where a have to reread parts to understand them. If I'm reading a book at the start of a story's climax, and I need to know what happens next, my reading speed is fast.  

Bokusenou

Honk if you love reading!

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces