Submit

Requiem ex Inferni

Eloquent Streaker

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 6:23 pm
Fresnel
Das Rabble Rouser
Fresnel
uryu ishida
SOmeone had those WileyX's during our AIT landnav course. They look sweet as s**t, but I have my issue Revision Desert Locust goggles (which look goofy as ********, but wear like heaven) so I don't plan on buying any myself.

Prescription ballistic glasses, or just glasses? If they're just glasses, a lot of the major protective eyewear dealers have inserts for their glasses that will hold lenses. Now, how much those inserts cost depend on how much your local optometrist will charge to grind lenses for them. Form what I've seen, every single one of them are literally glasses attached to the nosepiece inside of the protective lens.

As to ears, I've always just grabbed cheap s**t for my muffs. I have $20 electronic muffs from Sportsman's Guide that I use with disposable plugs, cranked all the way up so I can hear normally but still have optimal protection. But I shoot a lot of big rifle.
I saw them, and I liked them, but they just looked a bit too goofy for every-day sunglass wear. Someday, though, for shooting.

I've just got standard glasses, now. Polycarb though, to be sure. I plan on getting the Wileys not only because they're prescription, but because I like the design and the durability impresses me.

That's what I've got, but the vinyl/plastic O won't lock into the main section any more, so they just fall apart on my ears. I need a cheap-s**t pair of Peltor Shotgunners or something.

@Requiem: Don't fall for that s**t, man. I'd be secure in saying that 75% of severe hearing loss cases in civilian shooters comes from .22LR, because it doesn't sound loud and that s**t sneaks up on you. It's cumulative, remember that. It's probably already seriously affected you. The only rounds I would shoot without ears are ≤.22 and subsonic. Usually, this means air rifles.
Even .22 short? I hear those are really quiet.
I think those are usually subsonic. I've got to try them someday... my rifle was made for them.
Yea, .22 Short is subsonic. It doesn't give off the distinct sonic boom (i.e. a loud crack) the .22 LR does.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 1:07 pm
wow, I just scored a free pair of the WileyX hybrid sunglasses. they aren't the ones with the strap, but with the standard frames. smoke and clear lenses. they feel kinda flimsy to me, i think i'll stick to my Hellfly or Sawfly glasses.

I'll send them to you fres, once i figure out how to send anything out from here, and get a box and your address again.  

uryu ishida

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 2:08 pm
uryu ishida
wow, I just scored a free pair of the WileyX hybrid sunglasses. they aren't the ones with the strap, but with the standard frames. smoke and clear lenses. they feel kinda flimsy to me, i think i'll stick to my Hellfly or Sawfly glasses.

I'll send them to you fres, once i figure out how to send anything out from here, and get a box and your address again.
********' sweet, man. I'll totally owe you a big one for that. mrgreen

These are the SG-1s?  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 6:47 pm
looks like it, without the strap.  

uryu ishida

Recon_Ninja_985

Dapper Entrepreneur

7,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 11:13 pm