Submit

Who is stronger?
  Kain
  Raziel
View Results

Lieutenant Turel

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 7:03 am

Here's one interesting theory I read on the issue:

Link saved Hyrule through liberal usage of time travel. At the end of OoT Zelda laments that this is her fault (which is possible to argue but given that she was 10 when she made some of those decisions you could give her a break as ten year olds are not capable of defending from a coup) so she sends you back in time. What's believed is she sent you back BEFORE you did anything. This would save the Deku Tree. The only people who remember what Link went through are Navi, Zelda, and Link. No one in the forest. That means if he were to tell his Kokoiri buds they'd think he was crazy. Yes he would likely have PTSD and no one would believe his problems to be real. They'd say he was hallucinating. Can you live with the fact that you have memories that no one recalls?

Navi leaves Link because she was instructed to stay with him throughout the mission. Zelda is in the Castle and Link cannot get to her. The only one who can even understand him is Navi so he tries to find her because she will be the one able to help him. He thinks Hyrule is saved and thus sees no reason to equip himself with anything other than the basics: sword, shield, Ocarina, rupees. Remember that he is about ten years old throughout this and ten year olds do not always make the best decisions. Also carrying everything around might trigger unpleasant memories.

He knows from experience he can leave the forest without repercussions because he is Hylian and not Kokiri. Kokiri age when they leave so he knows that if he comes back a year or so later they may have trouble recognizing him, depending on how he's aged.

Short version: PTSD combined that with time travel no one would believe his stories of saving Hyrule. He'd be seen as crazy.
PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 8:45 am

User Image

/aneurysm

User Image

trash witch

Witch

Lieutenant Turel

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 10:55 am

I've been playing Legend of Zelda since I was about six. The first game I played was the one for the NES. Creating and trying to understand theories is normal for me.
PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 11:35 am

Interesting theory, but if you remember Link's flash back when he recovers the ocarina, Zelda re-teaches him the song of time before seeing him off.

I watched my brother's play the first two Zeldas, but it wasn't until Ocarina of time that I actually started playing.

That reminds me, last night while browsing /x/, I found some really cool Zelda creepypasta. I'll see if I can find it again, the thread 404'd, but there was a youtube video that went along with it. It was obviously done on a mod and not the orginal cartridge, but its still fun to watch.

Reaver Of Souls Raziel
Vice Captain

Lieutenant Turel

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 11:43 am

Yes. That was a theory I found.

I have played a lot of the games. I need to finish Zelda II: The Adventure of Link, A Link to the Past, Four Swords Adventures
I actually haven't played Spirit Tracks at all. Didn't hear good things. I want Skyward Sword.
PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 11:53 am

I don't have a DS, only a wii. Looking forward to Skyward sword, but after Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask, I have really high expectations. Not even Twilight Princess can compare with gameplay, story, and atmosphere.

Atmospere is very important to me. I'm probably going to play Majora's Mask on Halloween.

And blast, still can't find that one creeypasta vid.

Reaver Of Souls Raziel
Vice Captain

Lieutenant Turel

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 11:55 am

I have a DS; I never bothered to buy Phantom Hourglass or Spirit Tracks because I hated the CGI. It just didn't fit. The story for WW wasn't bad but the animation just didn't fit the story.
PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 12:00 pm

Its the same for me, I really like wind waker, don't really mind how cartoony if is, but I prefer stuff in the style of Oot, MM, and TP. Maybe its just because I'm a horror junkie, I don't know.

Reaver Of Souls Raziel
Vice Captain

Reaver Of Souls Raziel
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 12:02 pm

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 12:07 pm

It looks to me like the person just screwed around with cheats on an emulator. I've done weird stuff on my Emulator too.

Lieutenant Turel

Reaver Of Souls Raziel
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 12:13 pm

That's what I said before -- well, I said mod... same thing. (I just forgot the word emulator for a moment. I hate when that happens, when you can't remember a certain word)
PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 12:14 pm

I have a Majora's Mask ROM. It's done some freaky things. My sister's has REALLY done freaky things.

Lieutenant Turel

Reaver Of Souls Raziel
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 12:16 pm

Like what? 0w0 *sits down for a spooky story*
PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 12:21 pm

Freezing itself in the middle of a transformation, wrong transitioning (she tried to go to another room in a dungeon and she was suddenly in clock town)...

My thing usually crashes as I try and enter new places. That's not scary so much as annoying to no end. I need to fix up my Master Quest ROM. I plan on recording myself playing it with cheats and showing how funny the game is if you cheat.

Ok, so you know how after you beat the Water Temple, Kakriko Village is on Fire? Ok so I tried to enter it and it crashed. I was all "grr I shall enter from Death Mountain". If you do this in the game the cinematic starts. Mine..did not. I was trapped in the burning Village. I had to leave through the entrance and then come back to make it work.

Lieutenant Turel

Reaver Of Souls Raziel
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 12:27 pm

Neeeeeeeat
The Clan Sanctuary - Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items