The Nuntnfancy Project (TNP) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

090Freak090

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:29 am
Quote:
do you know what training scars are? its like a bad habit.

do enough of something you'll develop a tendency to do it subconsciously.

train how you intend to fight, you'll end up taking a tendency fighting that way.

the whole run and gun thing goes against the philosophy of bugging out and surviving.

That is exactly hat he is doing on his run and guns! He is training fast target acquisition, and ho to connect your shots ith an elevated bpm and breathing. shooting in those conditions is far more beneficial than sitting on a bench and squeezing a trigger with all the time in the world... Thats also the reason he wears his gear in the run and guns, so he can train and develop muscle memory to change mags fast, transition to/from pistol quickly. "do enough of something you'll develop a tendency to do it subconsciously." how else can you do that WITHOUT DOING IT?

Quote:
trust me, you do not want to charge toward the military in WROL no matter how many people you have fighting beside you, they are armored,better equipped and have all kinds of devices for seeing you through fog and smoke, in the night and even behind certain objects.
if you are going to fight a battle like that you turn to guerrilla tactics or just total avoidance
just as our enemies overseas have learned to do.
the ones that try to carry out assaults are usually stopped almost immediately.

When has he EVER advocated that? He IS military and a part time LEO. He has only advocated working WITH those people if possible, and when it isn't WROL work with your neighbors and defend against looting. He has also always aid that lethal force should be a LAST option and every other means to diffuse the situation should be made first.

You make it sound like he is some gun toting loon that just want to play vigilante. Now, there are people like that, but he isn't on of them and he even despises that mentality.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:06 pm
I'm not really a fan. I used to watch many of his videos, but he's so damn long-winded. He'll tend to go over the same piece of information three or four times in his forty-minute gear reviews. And sometimes he'll end up slipping in a gem like this: "Uh I haven't actually gotten to shoot this gun yet, but..." and then a lot of what he said just becomes here-say. Sure, you can tell a lot more about a gun by holding and feeling it than by looking at it, but if you're going to give it a review you have no excuse but to fire it first, especially with all the free time and money he seems to have to review the guns and gear.

And his whole "Sheepdog" concept bugs me a bit. I'm all for standing up for your fellow man who may be defenseless, but he seems to be advocating some kind of pseudo-law enforcement secret protection agency of armed people looking for trouble to happen so they can poke their noses into it. That's a sure-fire way to, at best, escalate the situation, and at worst, get people shot. That's not what concealed-carry is about. It's about keeping to yourself and trying to avoid trouble as much as possible. And when it presents itself you have one more option to use against it. And that's a good thing, but you're not an LEO just because you have a gun. You haven't been trained in how to react to certain situations and you have no back-up and no legal safety net of, "Hey, I'm a cop, so I can get away with this."

If he stuck to run-n-guns and gear reviews (of gear he has thoroughly tested!) then he would be an excellent YouTuber.

EDIT: Yeah, he's military, but I think he just flied planes or something. He's not in a combat role.  

ArmasTermin

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:09 pm
Recon_Ninja_985
trust me, you do not want to charge toward the military in WROL no matter how many people you have fighting beside you, they are armored,better equipped and have all kinds of devices for seeing you through fog and smoke, in the night and even behind certain objects.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

They only have so many bullets, comrade!  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:21 pm
ArmasTermin
I'm not really a fan. I used to watch many of his videos, but he's so damn long-winded. He'll tend to go over the same piece of information three or four times in his forty-minute gear reviews. And sometimes he'll end up slipping in a gem like this: "Uh I haven't actually gotten to shoot this gun yet, but..." and then a lot of what he said just becomes here-say. Sure, you can tell a lot more about a gun by holding and feeling it than by looking at it, but if you're going to give it a review you have no excuse but to fire it first, especially with all the free time and money he seems to have to review the guns and gear.

And his whole "Sheepdog" concept bugs me a bit. I'm all for standing up for your fellow man who may be defenseless, but he seems to be advocating some kind of pseudo-law enforcement secret protection agency of armed people looking for trouble to happen so they can poke their noses into it. That's a sure-fire way to, at best, escalate the situation, and at worst, get people shot. That's not what concealed-carry is about. It's about keeping to yourself and trying to avoid trouble as much as possible. And when it presents itself you have one more option to use against it. And that's a good thing, but you're not an LEO just because you have a gun. You haven't been trained in how to react to certain situations and you have no back-up and no legal safety net of, "Hey, I'm a cop, so I can get away with this."

If he stuck to run-n-guns and gear reviews (of gear he has thoroughly tested!) then he would be an excellent YouTuber.

EDIT: Yeah, he's military, but I think he just flied planes or something. He's not in a combat role.

I agree that over time he has started taking forever to get a review done that could be cut down by sometimes 10-20mins, and yeah, there are a few instances where he does give a review without much testing, but even when he does that I still think he gives better advice than most reviews out there. Not to mention that hen he does test a knife or gun he does put stuff through the ringer. Knives and lights especially....

I think his point of the sheep dog concept is to help protect fellow citizens when something like Katrina or the Rodney King riots happened. LEO couldn't or wouldn't respond and nothing was being done to protect the innocents. In that kind of situation someone will have to do something until the LEO can/does take over.

(I'm no trying to sound like a nutnfancy troll)  

090Freak090

ArmasTermin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:33 pm
090Freak090
ArmasTermin

I think his point of the sheep dog concept is to help protect fellow citizens when something like Katrina or the Rodney King riots happened. LEO couldn't or wouldn't respond and nothing was being done to protect the innocents. In that kind of situation someone will have to do something until the LEO can/does take over.

I get that, but he's putting forward more than that. Of course I don't trust cops to be able to save human lives from much of anything until it's already too late (see: every school shooting). But it's downright irresponsible to say we should all be super-citizens with a gun and a flashlight taking down the evil-doers and those that wish the petty "sheep" harm. It's not that I'm saying you should never stick your neck out to protect someone else, but you don't always know the situation. Suppose you see some man hauling a young lady into a home at night and she's struggling against him and telling him to stop. You shoot the guy, but turns out they were a loving couple and it was just them playing on some weird rape fantasy. Guess who's goin' to prison for murder?

Cops may be trained too much discretion to the point they're often useless, but that's better than none and them being wild dogs running around the street looking for ne'er-do-wells. Then again, yeah, some of them are like that, too...

tl;dr We're not cops and shouldn't have any delusions of acting as such. Your immediate responsibility is family - self - possessions - others. And you have to be really careful with the others.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 1:54 pm
The first video linked on his YouTube page was quite interesting. Loads of love for Glock and Ruger pistols. Yet the worst 'function was a Kimber 1911! Failure begins around 2:55 in the video. Epic fail doesn't begin to describe that jammed empty case.

And as far as training tactics go, all I see is a suicide in progress. Single charge in obscured terrain is a guaranteed path to a Darwin Award. One against untold numbers of bad guys with limited resources and an even more limited means of retreat equals certain death.

I concur with the majority. Lay down cover and bug out when safe. Live to fight on your terms, not those of the enemy.  

Floyd

Quotable Prophet

14,750 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Wall Street 200

090Freak090

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 2:49 pm
Floyd
The first video linked on his YouTube page was quite interesting. Loads of love for Glock and Ruger pistols. Yet the worst 'function was a Kimber 1911! Failure begins around 2:55 in the video. Epic fail doesn't begin to describe that jammed empty case.

And as far as training tactics go, all I see is a suicide in progress. Single charge in obscured terrain is a guaranteed path to a Darwin Award. One against untold numbers of bad guys with limited resources and an even more limited means of retreat equals certain death.

I concur with the majority. Lay down cover and bug out when safe. Live to fight on your terms, not those of the enemy.

Jams happen, learning how to properly clear a malfunction quickly is key to survival in any type of firefight. Also, as said before, he doesn't claim to be training for warfare. It's a simple training, exercise, and fun just like IPSC or 3-gun shoots.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:58 pm
090Freak090
Quote:
do you know what training scars are? its like a bad habit.

do enough of something you'll develop a tendency to do it subconsciously.

train how you intend to fight, you'll end up taking a tendency fighting that way.

the whole run and gun thing goes against the philosophy of bugging out and surviving.

That is exactly hat he is doing on his run and guns! He is training fast target acquisition, and ho to connect your shots ith an elevated bpm and breathing. shooting in those conditions is far more beneficial than sitting on a bench and squeezing a trigger with all the time in the world... Thats also the reason he wears his gear in the run and guns, so he can train and develop muscle memory to change mags fast, transition to/from pistol quickly. "do enough of something you'll develop a tendency to do it subconsciously." how else can you do that WITHOUT DOING IT?

Quote:
if you are going to fight a battle like that you turn to guerrilla tactics or just total avoidance
just as our enemies overseas have learned to do.
the ones that try to carry out assaults are usually stopped almost immediately.

When has he EVER advocated that? He IS military and a part time LEO. He has only advocated working WITH those people if possible, and when it isn't WROL work with your neighbors and defend against looting. He has also always aid that lethal force should be a LAST option and every other means to diffuse the situation should be made first.

You make it sound like he is some gun toting loon that just want to play vigilante. Now, there are people like that, but he isn't on of them and he even despises that mentality.
Im simply saying that the run and gun platform is not a good one to train for bugging out.

you can do all of that by going in the opposite direction and it would get you better in the mindset to do so. in fact it could be more challenging which is what makes it more important to be training for.

what I meant by the bad habit is that if you spend so much time doing one thing youll do it. if you train by doing nothing but charging forward then your body might try to do that and you might actually have some kind of hiccup, or pause in a firefight.

he was in USAF,they dont do much in the way of fighting unless he was in security forces. which I dont think he was.

you dont need to don a bunch of "cool guy gear" just to train.

you just need a weapon and a convenient way to carry your magazines  

Recon_Ninja_985

Dapper Entrepreneur

7,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50

ArmasTermin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:07 pm
I'm not against the way he does his run-n-guns. Fact is, he's getting better training toward actual combat scenarios than the vast majority of us typing out possibly valid but entirely hypothetical BS on an Internet forum designed for teenagers that love anime.

There, I said it. xd

Is it perfect? No. But I think it's plenty valuable. We talk about SHTF a lot, but what about foreign invasion in which you want to pressure the enemy and take the fight to them? Yes, I know it won't happen, but we talk about zombies here, too.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:14 pm
ArmasTermin
I'm not against the way he does his run-n-guns. Fact is, he's getting better training toward actual combat scenarios than the vast majority of us typing out possibly valid but entirely hypothetical BS on an Internet forum designed for teenagers that love anime.

There, I said it. xd

Is it perfect? No. But I think it's plenty valuable. We talk about SHTF a lot, but what about foreign invasion in which you want to pressure the enemy and take the fight to them? Yes, I know it won't happen, but we talk about zombies here, too.
its alright, I was a teenager when I joined this site.
but I still love anime.

when I see something jacked up im going to say something about it.

its good and all to train, but its not the training that we as civilians need to be seeking... thats military type and designed to work only if you have the upper hand, ive done enough of those already.
just put yourself in the shoes of those targets and think about your tactics if you were at a strategic disadvantage.  

Recon_Ninja_985

Dapper Entrepreneur

7,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
Gaia Gun Enthusiasts

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers