Reply Adult Furries Guild
Mermaids as furries? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Artemis Vulpes

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 9:13 pm
Always here to help, been involved in this fandom for almost 15 years now so I know the ins and outs pretty well.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 1:18 pm
[-Erik-]
I think those would fall into the "scally" category.

I agree with this, and if someone hadn't said it I was going to.
Though I haven't heard of a fish Scalie.

Keep in mind if you make this some form of furry you pretty much must accept Centaurs, Harpies and so on.
3nodding  

Pent and Ten

Moonlight Shapeshifter

Garek Maxwell

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 8:39 pm
[-Erik-]

He knows too much! Get him! scream
*Raises torch and pitchfork*  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:15 pm
Garek Maxwell
[-Erik-]

He knows too much! Get him! scream
*Raises torch and pitchfork*

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  

[-Erik-]

Durem Citizen

7,700 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Generous 100
  • First step to fame 200

Artemis Vulpes

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:29 pm
Scalies usually refer to reptiles, lizards and dragon type furry characters. Fish I would not toss into that category, that are simply enough fish. And, no, we are not going to start counting half human half animal mythical creatures are furry characters.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:32 pm
Artemis Vulpes
Scalies usually refer to reptiles, lizards and dragon type furry characters. Fish I would not toss into that category, that are simply enough fish. And, no, we are not going to start counting half human half animal mythical creatures are furry characters.

What I find disagreeable on is that supposedly kemonomimis (People with just the ears and tails of an animal) as furries yet someone who technically has more animal:human ratio is not.

Or maybe I misunderstood what a kemonomimi was. I always understood it as just being a human with animal ears/tail.  

Aradia Rosethorn

Artemis Vulpes

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:46 pm
Aradia Rosethorn
Artemis Vulpes

What I find disagreeable on is that supposedly kemonomimis (People with just the ears and tails of an animal) as furries yet someone who technically has more animal:human ratio is not.

Or maybe I misunderstood what a kemonomimi was. I always understood it as just being a human with animal ears/tail.

It is a cultural difference thing. When it comes to Western culture when you think of a animal characters they typically look, for the most part, like the animal with human characteristics. More Easter, or specifically Japanese, culture it varies to be honest. Original kemono was litterally animals dressed and behaving like humans, similar to how Red Wall characters are portrayed, more modern kmonomimi the animals have a much more human appearance and can very just how much human they look, which really is not all that different than the anthro we know from Western culture.

Now, where you are probably getting confused is because you are probably thinking more of moe which is more taking an animal or object making a fully human looking character based on them and sticking simple things to give them an resembling to the original object such as various cloths and accessories.

I am still a bit on the fence to call simple cat girl like characters, humans with ears and tails pinned on, as furries as I know them to be but again there is a bit of a cultural difference. Furry is an international fandom so we are going to get influences from all over the world including manga/anime.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:50 pm
Artemis Vulpes
Aradia Rosethorn
Artemis Vulpes

It is a cultural difference thing. When it comes to Western culture when you think of a animal characters they typically look, for the most part, like the animal with human characteristics. More Easter, or specifically Japanese, culture it varies to be honest. Original kemono was litterally animals dressed and behaving like humans, similar to how Red Wall characters are portrayed, more modern kmonomimi the animals have a much more human appearance and can very just how much human they look, which really is not all that different than the anthro we know from Western culture.

Now, where you are probably getting confused is because you are probably thinking more of moe which is more taking an animal or object making a fully human looking character based on them and sticking simple things to give them an resembling to the original object such as various cloths and accessories.

I am still a bit on the fence to call simple cat girl like characters, humans with ears and tails pinned on, as furries as I know them to be but again there is a bit of a cultural difference. Furry is an international fandom so we are going to get influences from all over the world including manga/anime.

Ah I see.
Thanks again  

Aradia Rosethorn

Adult Furries Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out